Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Snowstorm Tomorrow NY/NJ area
1  2  Next

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 9:51 pm
Did anyone's schools cancel yet for tomorrow? Or are we still waiting to find out?

Boca00

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 9:53 pm
School is closed here. Sad Sad

Edit- my only concern is the lack of education obviously. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Boca00 on Tue, Mar 06 2018, 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kumphort

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 10:05 pm
I think most schools wait until public school makes a decision.

Wonder if they will call it tonight as they are going back to upping the snow forecasts

shanie5

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 10:40 pm
Here in Northeast PA school for my younger dd has been cancelled. Wish work was too...

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 10:45 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Here in Northeast PA school for my younger dd has been cancelled. Wish work was too...

That's what I'm trying to see. If it's really bad my boss said we won't be open. So I'm secretly wishing for a really big storm. Just this once.

tf

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 10:54 pm
Waiting for tomorrow morning in Brooklyn. Schools have hotline for parents and teachers to call before going.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 10:57 pm
East Ramapo didn't cancel yet.

Maya

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 10:58 pm
My kids' school in Paramus has already canceled.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 11:04 pm
Boca00 wrote:
School is closed here. Sad Sad

Edit- my only concern is the lack of education obviously. Twisted Evil

Yeah. Mothers the world over are like, "oh no! Dikduk is sooo important! How will I ever... Kids! For the last time! If you don't stay in your rooms, you're all cleaning for Pesach!"

Problem solved.

When I used to say those magic words, my girl disappeared for DAYS...

Blessing1

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 11:31 pm
Our schools didn't cancel but I'm assuming there won't be school.

overworked

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 11:34 pm
east Ramapo canceled by 6:30 pm

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 11:38 pm
Nyc schools are open as of now and so are all the brooklyn schools as far as im aware

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 11:44 pm
shanie5 wrote:

Southeast PA also

mfb

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 12:15 am
amother wrote:
Southeast PA also

What's your prediction of snowfall?

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 2:47 am
My NJ friends seem to be getting a snow day, but NYC is officially on. I think because the forecast is that the worst is supposed to be in the later afternoon to evening. Some frum schools that end later than public schools are sending the older grades home early with the little kids in case travel becomes hard. I will probably have some students out anyway. So far I don't see any storm (the warning was supposed to start at 10 pm), there's a nice amount of rain but it doesn't seem intense and not windy at all. So anyway it looks like we will have a regular morning and I should have gone to bed four hours ago Twisted Evil My feeling is that if we're not getting a snow day and we have to go out to school, at least let the weather not be too nasty...

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 7:00 am
Ugh... the kids have school for now. Which means I better hurry and get out of bed. But that also means they will most likely be dismissed early and be under my teenagers supervision while I need to stay at work... it's a no win for me! I thought it will be a bake oatmeal cookies and make hot chocolate kinda day☹️

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 7:59 am
I'm in NYC and don't see anything yet, but my news is still predicting 7-11 inches of snow, which is actually more than it said last night.

I don't have to travel far for work, so I don't personally really care, but I feel bad for people who have to come in to work when the storm only starts in the middle of the day. It's great that the morning commute isn't totally terrible but then they're stuck getting home in horrible weather, coupled with MTA issues from the weather. I don't get the logic of come in, go home in the weather everyone is getting warned about.

mfb

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 8:44 am
amother wrote:
I'm in NYC and don't see anything yet, but my news is still predicting 7-11 inches of snow, which is actually more than it said last night.

I don't have to travel far for work, so I don't personally really care, but I feel bad for people who have to come in to work when the storm only starts in the middle of the day. It's great that the morning commute isn't totally terrible but then they're stuck getting home in horrible weather, coupled with MTA issues from the weather. I don't get the logic of come in, go home in the weather everyone is getting warned about.

In brooklyn it looks like they lowered it back to 4-8", and from the hourly it looks closer to the 4"

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 8:49 am
East Ramapo cancelled but my son has cheder.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 10:31 am
mfb wrote:
What's your prediction of snowfall?

I heard everything from 7-10 to 3-6"
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children