Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Snow
1  2  3  Next

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 1:23 pm
I'm sitting here, looking out my window in Monsey.

The world is white, white, WHITE.

Branches are laden with snow, waving in the wind. A barrage of snowflakes is tumbling down at a furious pace. The wind is creating a constant white movement.

Clumps of snow are sticking to the window screens, adding to the feeling of isolation.

Cars come by maybe once every half hour. It feels like we are the only people in the whole wide world.

I'm trying to get work done but I can't focus, so I'm writing this instead.

We had so much snow this winter, I thought I was jaded. But this feels different. It feels like a blizzard, like we're wrapped in snow.

I don't know if it feels magical or not, but it definitely feels intense.

So here's me, sticking my hand out of my little isolated snow igloo and waving at you.

What are your snow day impressions?

mfb

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 1:26 pm
Here in brooklyn its snowing but not really sticking so the world outside is going on as usual Smile

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 1:28 pm
I miss snow!

To me, snow feels like the world is wrapped in a fuzzy blanket. It feels cozy.

Hot chocolate and Netflix and board games.

Snowmen and snocones.

I love the "shush" sound that cars make when they drive by.

The laughter of kids pulling sleds up my street, because I lived at the top of a really steep hill.

Oh well. Today I went out and ran errands with just a light sweater on. The sun was shining, and the palm trees were gently swaying in the breeze off the ocean. The sky was so blue it could make you cry.

I don't miss snow as much as I love Israel!

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 1:32 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I miss snow!

To me, snow feels like the world is wrapped in a fuzzy blanket. It feels cozy.

Hot chocolate and Netflix and board games.

Snowmen and snocones.

I love the "shush" sound that cars make when they drive by.

The laughter of kids pulling sleds up my street, because I lived at the top of a really steep hill.

Oh well. Today I went out and ran errands with just a light sweater on. The sun was shining, and the palm trees were gently swaying in the breeze off the ocean. The sky was so blue it could make you cry.

I don't miss snow as much as I love Israel!

You definitely have the better end of the bargain!

TBH, I'm a little tired of snow days. The kids had so many this winter. They did try to Pesach clean a bit in the morning, so there's that. They went out for a short while to play, but it's not really a novelty anymore. Anything in life is more appreciated when it's a rarity.

Boy, would I love some Eretz Yisrael sunshine right now! (Or even Eretz Yisrael cloudiness)

flowerpower

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 1:36 pm
I don't understand how people live in climates where it never snows. I just love snow. There is something magical about it❄️❄️

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 1:47 pm
I live in Florida, after many years of living in very snowy climates.

It is the best ever. I never liked snow and don't miss it one tiny bit. Zero bundling up when going outside, ever. On the coldest days we might need a sweatshirt for a couple hours of the day. The kids can play outside on every day of the year. Sundays are spent at the park, at the water, or in the pool year round.
I never have to spend time shoveling my walk, shoveling out the car in morning, saving parking spaces, etc. No driving in blizzards. I get the chills just thinking about how awful the snow experience is. I never want to go back to that type of life and quite frankly I'm surprised so many pple put up with those awful weather conditions and don't just move here en mass.

crust

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 1:48 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I don't understand how people live in climates where it never snows. I just love snow. There is something magical about it❄️❄️

I love snow. Especially this one. Its breathtaking.
Having said that let me tell you my little secret.
I also love when...
My Wednsday cleaning lady arrives
There is Yeshiva
Everything is on schedule
The snow comes in December
Stores are open
Public transportation runs

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 1:48 pm
Well, I live in a city with an average annual snowfall of 82 inches and 60 days of measurable snow. The magic usually wears off by January.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 1:49 pm
amother wrote:
I live in Florida, after many years of living in very snowy climates.

It is the best ever. I never liked snow and don't miss it one tiny bit. Zero bundling up when going outside, ever. On the coldest days we might need a sweatshirt for a couple hours of the day. The kids can play outside on every day of the year. Sundays are spent at the park, at the water, or in the pool year round.
I never have to spend time shoveling my walk, shoveling out the car in morning, saving parking spaces, etc. No driving in blizzards. I get the chills just thinking about how awful the snow experience is. I never want to go back to that type of life and quite frankly I'm surprised so many pple put up with those awful weather conditions and don't just move here en mass.

Two words: summer, and flying cockroaches. LOL

(okay that was three)

Maya

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 2:20 pm
amother wrote:
I'm sitting here, looking out my window in Monsey.

The world is white, white, WHITE.

Branches are laden with snow, waving in the wind. A barrage of snowflakes is tumbling down at a furious pace. The wind is creating a constant white movement.

Clumps of snow are sticking to the window screens, adding to the feeling of isolation.

Cars come by maybe once every half hour. It feels like we are the only people in the whole wide world.

I'm trying to get work done but I can't focus, so I'm writing this instead.

We had so much snow this winter, I thought I was jaded. But this feels different. It feels like a blizzard, like we're wrapped in snow.

I don't know if it feels magical or not, but it definitely feels intense.

So here's me, sticking my hand out of my little isolated snow igloo and waving at you.

What are your snow day impressions?

I feel the same as you. Also in Monsey. The world is white. Intense is a good word to describe it.

I'm knitting and cooking and doing snow day kinda stuff, and worrying about tomorrow's schedules.

crust

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 2:28 pm
Maya wrote:
I feel the same as you. Also in Monsey. The world is white. Intense is a good word to describe it.

I'm knitting and cooking and doing snow day kinda stuff, and worrying about tomorrow's schedules.

Whoa! Thanks for reminding me about my knitting. Lets see where I left off.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 2:32 pm
Maya wrote:

Sounds nice (except the worrying part.) I do feel more like doing housework, but I have deadlines to keep...and miles to go before I sleep... Wink

Maya

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 2:36 pm
amother wrote:
Sounds nice (except the worrying part.) I do feel more like doing housework, but I have deadlines to keep...and miles to go before I sleep... Wink

The work event that was scheduled for tomorrow just got canceled, so I'm worrying a little less now Smile

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 2:38 pm
Maya wrote:

I was feeling all good about the snow , and now we have a blackout !!!!! We are all in the dark. I had chocolate chip cookies I had just popped into the oven and the oven shut too. My bread pizza for dinner was in the toaster oven and now it's half done ... feel like I'm gonna cry right now. My house is on wheels and I just got home before from work while the kids were home all day . So much for those warm fuzzy snow feelings .

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 2:39 pm
What snow?! Gee! We should charge meteorologists every time they panic people for nothing.. Okay. My poetic view.

A flurry.
A raindrop.
Get your wet shoes off my floor, people..
OK. I'm going to clean for pesach....

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 2:40 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I was feeling all good about the snow , and now we have a blackout !!!!! We are all in the dark. I had chocolate chip cookies I had just popped into the oven and the oven shut too. My bread pizza for dinner was in the toaster oven and now it's half done ... feel like I'm gonna cry right now. My house is on wheels and I just got home before from work while the kids were home all day . So much for those warm fuzzy snow feelings .

Oy! If there was a hug button, I would click it.
Hug

Maya

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 2:42 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:

😕

I don't like when it snows. Power outages is another thing that worries me. I'm keeping my phone fully charged all day in case it happens.

crust

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 2:42 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:

Omg! Im so sorry for you! How did you get home in this weather? And to get this black kabalas panim! Im sorry.
I hope I hope I hope it goes back soon!

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 2:45 pm
I was gonna do a "Who's boots these are, I think I know, His body's in the kitchen though, He will not see me standing there, watching my floor fill up with snow.." but ;
A. No snow! And
B. No snow, and
C. I respect Robert Frost, even though he didn't go much out of his comfort zone.. I mean, his name is Frost. Gosh.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 2:46 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
I was gonna do a "Who's boots these are, I think I know, His body's in the kitchen though, He will not see me standing there, watching my floor fill up with snow.." but ;
A. No snow! And
B. No snow, and
C. I respect Robert Frost, even though he didn't go much out of his comfort zone.. I mean, his name is Frost. Gosh.

Rolling Laughter
There is the one about the two roads diverging in the yellow wood. Snow is not yellow, where I come from. So he did get to autumn, at least.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics