Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Discounted yom tov clothes for kids?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Zehava

Post Thu, Mar 08 2018, 8:06 pm
skee wrote:
My situation is very similar and I wish I had an answer. Mostly I don't buy my kids new clothing for Yom Tov. We make do with whatever fits them from last year and whatever recent clothing is still more or less in season. This year Pesach is early so they will be wearing their fall/winter clothing. Then when stores like Junee have huge sales I buy them some things for the tail end of the season and hope they will still fit by the following year (I try to size up as much as I can).

Would you take hand-me-downs? What sizes are your kids?

enneamom

Post Thu, Mar 08 2018, 8:07 pm
I recently got gorgeous outfits in Kidichic for a total of $30 each.

You can sometimes find nice tops in H&M and pair them with a skirt from Basic Colors.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Mar 08 2018, 8:32 pm
Primark is opening in Kings Plaza. Their clothing are really cheap. Like $3 a tee shirt for little kids. I know it's not shabbos clothes but just in case anyone wants cheap weekday clothes....

Gymboree sometimes has- if you have a 30% off code you can find cheap weekday tanks or long sleeved tees as well

enneamom

Post Thu, Mar 08 2018, 9:05 pm
What about something like this?

Top, Desert Rose color option: http://www.sears.com/route-66-.....s=Fit

Skirt, MLK color option: https://kidichicusa.com/produc.....49911

Or this skirt: https://kidichicusa.com/produc.....28023

imamother153

Post Thu, Mar 08 2018, 9:20 pm
How much are lulu’s shabbes dresses? They are in general a very well priced store and have beautiful stuff. U can view them on instagram. If u see anything u like call them and ask for the price. They have locations in Monsey, Monroe, Williamsburg, Boro park and Montreal.
They usually put out their last seasons clothing at discounted prices. Check with them if they did this season and if they have anything shabbosdig in your size.

lfab

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 6:27 am
abaker wrote:
Does this serendipity store sells boys clothes as well?

Yes! But I can't vouch for their selection of boys clothes since I only have girls.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 7:20 am
imamother153 wrote:
How much are lulu’s shabbes dresses? They are in general a very well priced store and have beautiful stuff. U can view them on instagram. If u see anything u like call them and ask for the price. They have locations in Monsey, Monroe, Williamsburg, Boro park and Montreal.
They usually put out their last seasons clothing at discounted prices. Check with them if they did this season and if they have anything shabbosdig in your size.

They're about the same range as kiddie chic and designer spot.

yogabird

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 8:44 am
ra_mom wrote:
They're about the same range as kiddie chic and designer spot.
Their last year's stuff is very discounted. Like 10-15 dollars. And they have a nice selection of stuff.

baltomom

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 8:55 am
I've been ordering dresses from Amazon. 2 companies that have very nice girls dresses in decent length for $20-$35 range:
Sunny Fashion
Emma Riley

Good luck!

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 1:25 am
OK, I am going to see how far I get with the info posted here already, but here's a challenge question:
If you know Boro Park, Flatbush, or Williamsburg, please select which one and list where you would go if you want to only park once and buy on a budget within 2, max 3 hours:

One or two Shabbos outfits for a 7-8 year old girl
Kids' shells
Socks/tights
Groceries a bonus but not urgent
Oh and a keilim mikvah would be really nice too.

Pretty sure I can pull it off but taking recommendations from people who know - if I walk down 13th avenue am I likely to find stores with girl clothes on sales racks? 18th? Lee Ave? Coney Island Ave? Where should I go? I bet I could do it on Main St in Queens just as well but predicting traffic will be better in the Brooklyn direction. But if anyone wants to take the challenge to a different neighborhood just for fun or for the other people viewing (I see we have some Lakewood participants!) then go ahead!

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 1:39 am
if you head to designer spot you can posiibly find something nice for 7-8yo. they have tights and I think shells. kolel grocery on that block with keilim mikva & iirc krm offers parking.
shell station is a few blocks down 43-44 streetso def can get shells there.
another option for tights in the aea is all=in=one dry goods and for fancy stuff a little further down sock exchange 45-46 street.

oh. just legs hosiery recently moved down lower streets 13 ave,you've got what to choose from.

chocolatecake

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 1:42 am
seeker wrote:
OK, I am going to see how far I get with the info posted here already, but here's a challenge question:
If you know Boro Park, Flatbush, or Williamsburg, please select which one and list where you would go if you want to only park once and buy on a budget within 2, max 3 hours:

Kids' shells
Socks/tights

Pretty sure I can pull it off but taking recommendations from people who know - if I walk down 13th avenue am I likely to find stores with girl clothes on sales racks? 18th? Lee Ave? Coney Island Ave? Where should I go? I bet I could do it on Main St in Queens just as well but predicting traffic will be better in the Brooklyn direction. But if anyone wants to take the challenge to a different neighborhood just for fun or for the other people viewing (I see we have some Lakewood participants!) then go ahead!

Coney island. Between j an k all on the same side of the street you will find kidichic for shabbos outfits, basic colors for shells and the buzz has a keilim mikvah. There is also a hoisery store on that same block that has tights and socks but I dont know its name. If basic colors doesnt have the shell colors you want shell station is across the street. They are better quality and at least double the price. For groceries head one block over to k and l and there is pomegranate and paperific.

kb

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 2:12 am
Paperific is a better bet over pomegranate for groceries on a budget.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 9:55 am
In Lakewood - I went to Juvenile Planet's Off 2nd store (it's their discount store where they sell prior season's clothing at 70% off) and got DD two Shabbos outfits, originally over $100 each, for a total of $69. I went to The Lingerie Shop, where they told me their sale robes are in the basement - found DD a gorgeous Shabbos robe for $39.

ETA: I also got DD perfectly matched knee socks for outfit, on the $1 wall at JRP just down the block.

Prices have gone up so much, I used to get stuff for cheaper than this! But I guess in the scheme of things, I did the best I could....

Last edited by Chayalle on Mon, Mar 12 2018, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Six boyz

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 10:10 am
Designer spot in boro park< and kolel grocery around the corner. they have parking and a mikva.
kiddie chic is across the ave. There is a store on 40 st. and 13 ave, Rosenbergs is a discounted store.
They have robes,underwear tights...

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 10:15 am
Six boyz wrote:
Designer spot in boro park< and kolel grocery around the corner. they have parking and a mikva.
kiddie chic is across the ave. There is a store on 40 st. and 13 ave, Rosenbergs is a discounted store.
They have robes,underwear tights...

This.
Designer Spot on 13 & 38 for clothes & discounted socks for girls
KRM groceries and keilim mikvah on 13 & 39
(You can stop at Clover on 13 & 39 for yourself if you have time - adult version of Designer)
Kiddie Chic on 13 & 40
Socks & Basics on 13 & 43 has weekday knee socks outside, discounted
Basic Colors on 13 & 45 for shells and some dresses
Lulu on 14 & 44 for kids clothes (start here since a few posters said they have last year's styles in the cheapest range)

Zehava

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 11:59 am
imamother153 wrote:

Bad idea for anyone on a limited budget. The quality of their clothes is horrible.

Zehava

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 12:01 pm
seeker wrote:

Kids' shells
Socks/tights

Off casual on walworth street

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 12:10 pm
"BH I'm OK enough that I should not need a gemach, yet not up to paying frum store prices either. I used to do fine with hand me downs plus inexpensive purchases like Children's Place on sale, but it's gotten much harder to find anything nice and tznius (alterations would kind of defeat the purpose of buying cheap) for yomtov for my big girl (size 8ish) "

Ebay..Letgo ap thread up.. mercari.. and numerous other apps

And sometimes, you just have to learn how to sew..

You know I was sad and resentful growing up 10 minutes from Boro Park , yet a million miles away socially and culturally..
But this forum has taught me what a brocha that truly was. When you grow up outside an established frum community and become frum later, you actually learn to do a lot for yourself..

mha3484

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 12:43 pm
I recently got myself some great stuff on ThreadUp. They have a whole kids section. I would totally recommend it to anyone who is on a budget.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains