Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Discounted yom tov clothes for kids?
Previous  1  2  3  4

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 12:34 pm
Yeah looking at those dresses on Amazon along with the "related products" suggestions and they all would barely cover a big girl's thighs. Sometimes it can get taken in and sometimes you get lucky but the pickings are slim.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 1:37 pm
seeker wrote:
Amazon Prime is great with the shipping and prices but very hard to browse. When you toss me a link, I take a look.

My issue with Gap etc is that as frum girls get older they are less and less tznius. Mostly due to shorter in the skirt.

Didn't know Gap and ON have free return shipping?

There are plenty of knee length dresses. Check out "arshiner" seller. Also "happy rose" and then go by recommended. Their system is pretty good at recommendations.

This dress, by the q&a it says the shoulder and sleeve run a little small. And the dress is a drop short. So it's perfect to size up.
Also, the butterfly dress hits after the knee. Check the description. Love both dresses.
(It's a everyday dress though. I love it)
Happy Rose Girls Dress With Flowers
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075.....84SFE

Gap and old Navy have free shipping if you order above $50 (ha. It's never less anyway. Lol) and then free return shipping.
Gap outlet is free shipping from $100 and up. And return shipping is about $7.50.
But for me the shuttle (one monthly fee) is free so I can return it whenever.... but for Gap outlet I'm more careful when I buy.
Also, some dresses it says "hits below knee" "hits at the knee" "mid calf" "mid thigh" not all but sometime.

zigi

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 3:22 pm
take something that fits your kid when you shop so you can compare if it would fit or not

fraimal

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 3:28 pm
zigi wrote:
take something that fits your kid when you shop so you can compare if it would fit or not

An even better trick is to measure a string and cut to length of ur daughters skirts and dresses the currently wears. Then u can just take string to store to measure if a dress/skirt is long enuf

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 4:58 pm
zigi wrote:

I did. I took a shirt, a skirt, and a dress. But still not confident enough for a no-return policy! I did pop into Children's Place and now I know what size to order if I wanted something from there (they actually have some decent dresses this season. Average frum girl looking for knee coverage would have to have the width taken in and some styles just wouldn't work but there is potential.) And I was able to find the right size shells by comparing with my shirt. And I was able to rule out quite a lot of "definitely nots" by comparing the lengths.
But no returns? Please.

HappyGoLucky1

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 8:01 pm
That was an awesome breakdown!! And I agree about the return policies... I now have a dress that I originally bought for my 7 year old that will have to wait until my 12 month old is 6 years old 🤔... BH I have another girl who will eventually be able to wear it... I understand them though I guess. Within reason...
But really, shopping in a Jewish store buying their true size and the dress comes nowhere near the kid's knee? And then to make it worse, the next size is massive! Unfair.

Anyway, what price range was lulu for the regular merchandise?

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 11:05 pm
Not the most expensive in town, but distinctly not cheap. But there was a wide range. I wasn't paying that much attention because I was just looking out for my own needs, but it could have been something like 40 for plainer dresses to 60 for more shabbosdig dresses? I don't remember exactly, I just remember that feeling of looking at the prices and saying "this they called cheap?!" until I found the sale rack in back.

If I bought something and the size was that far off, I would ask the manager for an exception to the policy - at the very least to exchange.

Zehava

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 12:19 am
seeker wrote:
Not the most expensive in town, but distinctly not cheap. But there was a wide range. I wasn't paying that much attention because I was just looking out for my own needs, but it could have been something like 40 for plainer dresses to 60 for more shabbosdig dresses? I don't remember exactly, I just remember that feeling of looking at the prices and saying "this they called cheap?!" until I found the sale rack in back.

If I bought something and the size was that far off, I would ask the manager for an exception to the policy - at the very least to exchange.

Plus like I said their quality is a huge gamble. So many things I bought there were garbage after a couple washes. They officially told me to size up on some items because they shrink to half. So although I like some of their designs I try to get what I can at other stores.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains