Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Did you know?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 9:48 am
On Friday DH told me that he can Google my SN from Imamother and see every post I responded to and every thread I started using my SN. He started going through everything and I felt so icky about it. I'm not so sure I should be using my SN if it was that easy. I thought you needed to log into Imamother to view someone's post. Did you realize how public this forum is?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 9:57 am
What did you search for? I searched via Google and didn't see my posts.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 9:59 am
amother wrote:
What did you search for? I searched via Google and didn't see my posts.

Just typed my SN and it all came up. Only posts that I actually used my SN and didn't go anon.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 9:59 am
I did a search and found my posts there.... hmmmmm. Then again, whenever I google stuff, Imamother comes up in the search.

MrsDash

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:05 am
It’s no secret that some of the threads are public, while others are not. Then again, now you’ve got me curious.... MRSDASH, what have you been up to? LOL

lavenderchimes

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:06 am
You search for "imamother [username]" Not ALL posts come up, though. Only some topics are viewable by the public. I'm not sure which ones, but obviously intimacy is not public. Probably Yael should make this more clear. I already knew, since that is how I discovered imamother to begin with: posts would pop up when I googled certain things.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:09 am
Some forums are public and some you can only view if you're a member. If there's a star next to the name of the forum, that means it's public and anyone can view it and it will show up in Google searches.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:10 am
lavenderchimes wrote:
You search for "imamother [username]" Not ALL posts come up, though. Only some topics are viewable by the public. I'm not sure which ones, but obviously intimacy is not public. Probably Yael should make this more clear. I already knew, since that is how I discovered imamother to begin with: posts would pop up when I googled certain things.

I didn't even have to type the word "imamother" and other than intimacy which I never use my SN anyway, most topics came up. My DH was reading my posts out loud and commenting and I was not happy he had access. I never knew that by telling him my SN that my posts would be readable. Just bringing awareness.

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:12 am
Wow! Thanks! Gee. Appreciate the heads up!

cbsp

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:31 am
You could change your screen name...

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:36 am
anything that is public can be accessed without a screen name. My dh has said that the only reason why he would want to go on imamother is to see what I write but since he knows I usually write anonymously it takes all the fun out of it Wink

shoshanim999

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:46 am
Can anyone verify if this is true or if the op is exaggerating? She says that literally every post she ever made comes up. Is this true? When I type my sn in Google only a couple posts come up.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:49 am
If you are logged on, you will see all your posts. Log off imamother, and try again. See what comes up.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:49 am
cbsp wrote:
You could change your screen name...

How?

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:52 am
shoshanim999 wrote:
Can anyone verify if this is true or if the op is exaggerating? She says that literally every post she ever made comes up. Is this true? When I type my sn in Google only a couple posts come up.

There are pages of my posts , however not on every topic. So far , Intimacy and Mental Health I believe I didn't notice. I post a lot so it's hard to figure it out . I was not aware that most topics were public. I only assumed recipes and the like. We live and learn. I think I may cut down on my posting that's for sure.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:56 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
If you are logged on, you will see all your posts. Log off imamother, and try again. See what comes up.

Ok. So I guess it had to do with that. I must've been logged in to Imamother when my DH was googling. Because I tried it now after logging off and only a two pages showed up. That makes me feel a bit better.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:56 am
Why does he know your screen name? Tongue Out

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:01 am
amother wrote:
Why does he know your screen name? Tongue Out

Because I told it to him. We discuss Imamother all the time. I have nothing to hide. It's just he is more private than me and he was reading things I wrote about my family and he thinks I'm crazy that I share so much etc.

shoshanim999

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:04 am
amother wrote:
There are pages of my posts , however not on every topic. So far , Intimacy and Mental Health I believe I didn't notice. I post a lot so it's hard to figure it out . I was not aware that most topics were public. I only assumed recipes and the like. We live and learn. I think I may cut down on my posting that's for sure.

Just wondering- how many people actually know your sn? My dh knows my screen name and that's it. Why be concerned someone can Google your sn and see your posts? Nobody can link your sn to you anyway. Any of the thousands of members on ima can do a search of your sn and see all your posts as well. How does this change anything?

imasoftov

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:07 am
I knew that.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics