Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Did you know?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

lavenderchimes

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:13 am
shoshanim999 wrote:
Can anyone verify if this is true or if the op is exaggerating? She says that literally every post she ever made comes up. Is this true? When I type my sn in Google only a couple posts come up.

No, NOT every post. Even if you are logged in. Because some of the forums are private. This should definitely be made more clear, since so many are surprised. I knew some thins came up, but even I am not sure which are public and which private,

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:21 am
shoshanim999 wrote:
Just wondering- how many people actually know your sn? My dh knows my screen name and that's it. Why be concerned someone can Google your sn and see your posts? Nobody can link your sn to you anyway. Any of the thousands of members on ima can do a search of your sn and see all your posts as well. How does this change anything?

I'm not concerned. I just did not know my DH has access to my private "conversations" so easily.

Zehava

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:22 am
Fortunately for me zehava is a common name so when googled nothing really comes up

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:23 am
Op, go to your posts and edit them to anonymous. He will see none of it. I always post anonymous. Also if the forum doesn't allow you to post anonymous then decide if your going to post since it will be seen by anyone

Btw my dh always tells me if someone really to find out who you're they can find out nothing is really 100% anonymous, every computer has a identity..

That's for people that are seriously bored.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:34 am
lavenderchimes wrote:
No, NOT every post. Even if you are logged in. Because some of the forums are private. This should definitely be made more clear, since so many are surprised. I knew some thins came up, but even I am not sure which are public and which private,

If you are logged on, the private posts come up, but if you are logged off, you will only see the public posts (those with an asterik).

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:52 am
Many people discover Imamother.com through internet searches. If all the posts were hidden, the site would get new members only through referrals or by invitation.

So, if you don't want to be easily discovered, keep your user name to yourself and don't post information under your screen name that would make you easy to identify.

But some people really overdo the caution thing. I don't get why someone would go amother to ask for a chocolate babka recipe...

lavenderchimes

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 12:07 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
If you are logged on, the private posts come up, but if you are logged off, you will only see the public posts (those with an asterik).

I understand that, but for those who want to know if they are posting in a public or private forum, is there a way to tell when looking at /posting to a thread if it is public? Where are the asterisks? Since a lot of people are surprised, it might be good for this to be more clear.

grace413

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 12:07 pm
Only posts in public forums come up. Further when I just typed in my screenname with Imamother look what I got:

Chair GRACE 413 - Pedrali
www.pedrali.it/en/products/cat.....-413/
Grace 413 is an upholstered chair with armrests, covered with fabric, vinyl or mid grain leather, embracing armrest. Frame in chromed rod steel Ø 11mm.
Chaise GRACE 413 - Pedrali
www.pedrali.it/en/products/cat.....-413/
Translate this page
Grace 413 - Fauteuil équipé des accoudoirs à peine prononcés. La version rembourrée en mousse injectée non-feu est garnie en tissu, simili cuir ou cuir mi-fleur.
Silla GRACE 413 - Pedrali
www.pedrali.it/en/products/cat.....-413/ - Translate this page
Grace 413 es un sillón tapizado en inyección de espuma, disponible en tela, piel o imitación de piel. Los brazos son marcados levemente.
A Simple Prayer - Daily Grace 413 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vCzi5_F-54
http://activatelife.org/ Read Nehemiah 5:19. Are you trusting God and His care?
Message Of Grace 413 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5EOqsKsnqE
This the Message of Grace TV broadcast from 1992 - 2010. Over 950+ messages are going to up uploaded and numbered so you can watch them in order, if you wish

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

(don't click on the bible stuff, I'm sure it's not "ours")

enneamom

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 12:46 pm
Wow, I found an old old thread I wrote that I forgot about, and LOLed. This was educational!

Last edited by enneamom on Sun, Mar 11 2018, 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 12:47 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Many people discover Imamother.com through internet searches. If all the posts were hidden, the site would get new members only through referrals or by invitation.

So, if you don't want to be easily discovered, keep your user name to yourself and don't post information under your screen name that would make you easy to identify.

But some people really overdo the caution thing. I don't get why someone would go amother to ask for a chocolate babka recipe...

Chocolate babka is a very personal topic.

cbsp

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 12:51 pm
amother wrote:
How?

PM Yael with your new name.

I believe it will change for all your old posts as well. If you don't tell anyone your new screen name then it's as effective as going through each post and changing it to anonymous...

May

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 1:25 pm
cbsp wrote:
PM Yael with your new name.

I believe it will change for all your old posts as well. If you don't tell anyone your new screen name then it's as effective as going through each post and changing it to anonymous...

It's not a bad idea, but I actually don't think it's AS effective as going anonymous. If someone once referenced to your screen name in s thread then people can figure out that your new screen name is linked to your old screen name. Even easier, if someone ever quoted you in a thread I believe in their post your old screen name will still show up, so people could put two and two together and figure out that your new screen name is the same person as the previous screen name.

Luckily, if you Google my screen name, my imamother posts wont show up for hundreds and hundreds of pages probably. Not that I post much anyway.

studying_torah

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 3:24 pm
When I googled my sn with imamother, a few of mine popped up. However, there were a few other sites discussing or quoting imamother that came up too. (Stopkiruvnow, academicworks.cuny, freejinger etc).

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 4:16 pm
I just went and searched imamother shabbatiscoming and a few posts came up but NOT all my posts, and I was still logged in to imamother. And obviously none from the private forums.

crust

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 4:42 pm
I am up to page 12 on Google and so far I only came across pizza and pie crust ideas.

Out of interest, Can anyone do me a favor and Google crust? I wonder what the results are.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 4:47 pm
lavenderchimes wrote:
I understand that, but for those who want to know if they are posting in a public or private forum, is there a way to tell when looking at /posting to a thread if it is public? Where are the asterisks? Since a lot of people are surprised, it might be good for this to be more clear.

The asterisks show up in the desktop version of imamother, I'm not sure how you can tell from a mobile phone. Anyone?

What you CAN do is switch to desktop version for a short while, just to check which forum's are public...

And crust, you picked a good name! No-ones going to get any info. stalking YOU!

ellacoe

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 6:11 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
Can anyone verify if this is true or if the op is exaggerating? She says that literally every post she ever made comes up. Is this true? When I type my sn in Google only a couple posts come up.

It is true. I just tried it. The first time only six came up and it asked me if I want more. The little picture icon also came up in images and when you click on that messages come up as well. It feels rather violating.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 6:26 pm
I knew that, which is why I almost always post anonymously, unless I can’t, or I get “called out” on it.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 6:38 pm
amother wrote:
I knew that, which is why I almost always post anonymously, unless I can’t, or I get “called out” on it.

Calling you out. You did not mention anything about chocolate babka.

crust

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 6:45 pm
ellacoe wrote:
It is true. I just tried it. The first time only six came up and it asked me if I want more. The little picture icon also came up in images and when you click on that messages come up as well. It feels rather violating.

Do you know all the imas? The guest and the lurkers?
What made you feel that you had privacy here?
What changed now?
Smile
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics