Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
Recurring Dreams; Weird dreams we constantly have
1  2  3  4  Next

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 1:48 pm
I saw another thread that questioned what a dream meant.

Which made me think; do they need to mean anything?

My most recurring dream is me biting into an apple and all my teeth falling out, or walking to the table undressed.

I really hope these dreams mean nothing!

Anyone have recurring dreams too?
Honestly, I hope so..

giselle

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 1:51 pm
My dreams often involve me trying to do something and not being able to complete it - like dialing on a phone and not finishing the number... getting ready for shabbos and not finishing makeup.. hard to explain.. feel like I’m not really expressing it correctly. But I’ve had these kind of dreams for as long as I can remember. It’s like I’m trying and just can’t do it..

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 1:53 pm
I only remember sad dreams. Dreams I cry and feel abandoned

esther11

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 1:53 pm
As a kid I constantly dreamed that I went to school and forgot my shoes. Don’t think I have any recurring dreams currently...

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 1:55 pm
I've had recurring dreams about trying to talk or scream and no sound coming out- my voice simply not working.
Also something happening early that I wasn't able to prepare for- pack or something similar.

I have had a couple of more freaky dreams- waiting for a certain kind of thing to happen and dreaming about it - and then parts of the dream which I had no prior knowledge about coming true

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 2:03 pm
Im embarrassed by this but I always am seated at a huge table of delicious food and as soon as I want to eat, I wake up! 😕

giselle

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 2:04 pm
amother wrote:
I've had recurring dreams about trying to talk or scream and no sound coming out- my voice simply not working.
Also something happening early that I wasn't able to prepare for- pack or something similar.

I have had a couple of more freaky dreams- waiting for a certain kind of thing to happen and dreaming about it - and then parts of the dream which I had no prior knowledge about coming true

I posted before about my experience not being able to complete things and it’s somewhat similar to what you’re describing.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 2:11 pm
I also once heard a story about demons (shin daleds) that roam near abandoned buildings and from then on, I always (at least once a month,) dream that I'm stuck on a dark abandoned alley or street but my legs are frozen and I can't run..

Wish I never heard that story.. 😓

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 3:15 pm
esther11 wrote:
As a kid I constantly dreamed that I went to school and forgot my shoes. Don’t think I have any recurring dreams currently...

Similar! I've never had a dream where I've been naked in public, just shoeless. So weird!

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 3:57 pm
It's 10 minutes before Shabbos and there is NO FOOD READY.

Or worse, it's 20 minutes after licht bentchen and I didn't bentch licht.

Or Erev Pesach and I didn't clean, didn't shop, have NOTHING for Yom Tov.

Or I walked outside without a shaitel, or to the store in a tichel (real big no-no in my circles), or no tights on.

Those are my most common dreams. Different details but all the same theme. No I'm not neurotic about Yiddishkeit in my daily life Very Happy

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 5:38 pm
I've had this weird recurring dream for a few years now, it returns once every few months. In the dream I'm in my parents' house but nobody else is there. The house seems somehow abandoned, though the furniture is still there. Some windows and the back door or front door stand open and I have this strong feeling that they shouldn't be open and sonething is wrong. Then I suddenly realize that it's almost Shabbat and I hurry to light candles. But as I'm about to light, I see that the sun has set already and it's too late. Then, a few minutes later there is suddenly a second sunset with the sun in the wrong place on the horizon. That's how the dream ends. No idea what it means.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 7:42 pm
I always dream I’m chasing after my school bus even though I’m years out of school.

Last edited by SuperWify on Wed, Mar 14 2018, 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total

tf

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 7:58 pm
amother wrote:
Im embarrassed by this but I always am seated at a huge table of delicious food and as soon as I want to eat, I wake up! 😕

Oish, why shouldn't you at least enjoy the food?!?! It's free calories after all

Pamela

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 8:21 pm
Weird I don’t recall any dream...I guess I’m a deep sleeper

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 8:27 pm
I tend to have recurring dreams about being late for stuff. Work, carpool, ready for shabbos, etc. I guess subconsciously I really stress about that.

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 8:31 pm
amother wrote:
It's 10 minutes before Shabbos and there is NO FOOD READY.

Or worse, it's 20 minutes after licht bentchen and I didn't bentch licht.

Or Erev Pesach and I didn't clean, didn't shop, have NOTHING for Yom Tov.

Or I walked outside without a shaitel, or to the store in a tichel (real big no-no in my circles), or no tights on.

Those are my most common dreams. Different details but all the same theme. No I'm not neurotic about Yiddishkeit in my daily life Very Happy

Are you sure you aren't me. I have the exact same dreams

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 8:34 pm
I go somewhere that I recognize, and when I try to make my way out (or home), I find that things have shifted and I can't. There are extra rooms that are at first exciting, but then confusing. Or streets have moved. I don't see it as unusual, but I eventually realize that it's a problem. The panic builds very slowly because it takes some time for me to realize that I am not getting where I need to.

Also, sometimes I'm in school or sleepaway camp and I'm a teenager, but then somehow in the middle I have one or more of my kids with me and am confused about how I have managed so far without childcare arrangements. I'll be on my way to math or volleyball and think, "Hmm, what should I do with Chava?" or "The camp still hasn't brought that portacrib into the bunkhouse."

mommyla

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 8:45 pm
I also have the erev Shabbos/YT dreams. And lately I've been dreaming that I discover a whole new level of my home that I never knew existed, with all of my dream rooms, even though I kept telling my husband that we should check out that funny closet in the hallway (that doesn't exist in real life) LOL

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 8:50 pm
Am I seriously the only person who dreams her teeth are falling out? I think I need a therapist. It's a constant thing for me! I hate hate hate dentists and root canals. So maybe subconsciously I think my teeth will just fall out? 🤤

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 9:07 pm
mommyla wrote:
I also have the erev Shabbos/YT dreams. And lately I've been dreaming that I discover a whole new level of my home that I never knew existed, with all of my dream rooms, even though I kept telling my husband that we should check out that funny closet in the hallway (that doesn't exist in real life) LOL

That's so funny, my mother keeps dreaming that too!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics