Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
Recurring Dreams; Weird dreams we constantly have
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 9:29 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
I saw another thread that questioned what a dream meant.

Which made me think; do they need to mean anything?

My most recurring dream is me biting into an apple and all my teeth falling out, or walking to the table undressed.

I really hope these dreams mean nothing!

Anyone have recurring dreams too?
Honestly, I hope so..

OP, do you have a fear of getting older or becoming helpless or relying on others or of being ashamed? Sounds like those fears may be manifest in your dreams.

Personally used to dream that I couldn't see well, just blurred, but had no glasses or contacts. was awwwful. actually stopped having that dream when I began wearing contacts instead of glasses.

I also have these amazing dreams that you wake up and wish was real, like someone else mentioned.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 9:33 pm
amother wrote:
OP, do you have a fear of getting older or becoming helpless or relying on others or of being ashamed? Sounds like those fears may be manifest in your dreams.

Personally used to dream that I couldn't see well, just blurred, but had no glasses or contacts. was awwwful. actually stopped having that dream when I began wearing contacts instead of glasses.

I also have these amazing dreams that you wake up and wish was real, like someone else mentioned.

Maybe? I don't exactly LOVE the idea of losing my youth but teeth falling out?! Where does that come from? It's like, my teeth just get soft and fall out! That does not happen to older people! And, walking to the table missing major articles of clothing in front of my extended family?! What's that about! Yuck! I'm an old person who wants to flash people?! Ewwww!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 9:35 pm
mommyla wrote:
And lately I've been dreaming that I discover a whole new level of my home that I never knew existed, with all of my dream rooms, even though I kept telling my husband that we should check out that funny closet in the hallway (that doesn't exist in real life) LOL

Yes! This is what I mean. Extra rooms, and things that don't really exist but in my dream they do and are normal. I guess the difference is that you don't get lost up there. I would try going out the way I came in and end up in a never-ending sequence of new rooms.

And congratulations on being the only one on this thread to tell a dream that's fully positive!

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 9:39 pm
mommyla wrote:
I also have the erev Shabbos/YT dreams. And lately I've been dreaming that I discover a whole new level of my home that I never knew existed, with all of my dream rooms, even though I kept telling my husband that we should check out that funny closet in the hallway (that doesn't exist in real life) LOL

Omg same! I used to live in a very small house and I would constantly dream of rooms we never knew existed. Which made sense. But now that I moved to a big house I still had the dream once or twice.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 10:27 pm
Jewishfoodie-
Could your dreams about your teeth crumbling and you being naked both be related to the same feeling of being self-concsious about your physical appearance? Ive had both dreams so I did some sleuthing on the web. Usually the teeth one happens when I'm pregnant.
My recurring dream themes are weird zxual ones. Ptsd from childhood zxual trauma. I wish they would go away it's so disturbing.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 10:30 pm
Double post and I don't know how to delete

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 10:49 pm
amother wrote:
Jewishfoodie-
Could your dreams about your teeth crumbling and you being naked both be related to the same feeling of being self-concsious about your physical appearance? Ive had both dreams so I did some sleuthing on the web. Usually the teeth one happens when I'm pregnant.
My recurring dream themes are weird zxual ones. Ptsd from childhood zxual trauma. I wish they would go away it's so disturbing.

Mmmm, nope. Sorry... Not ashamed of my physical appearance Baruch Hashem. But it's the fact that it always happens the same way.. Idk.

But I'm so so sorry for what you went through... That's so sad. I hope those dreams go away really soon..

My husband says my dream about the teeth is just a super maninfestation of my hate for dentists. I have a very low threshold for pain so I require many many shots before they deal with my teeth and on my two root canals, they had to give me codeine or percocet and both times the medication made me sick. But I truly don't dream about my real life "dramas" so why would I start with my teeth??

I mean, I hate hate hate mammograms but I never once dreamed about it....

And the missing clothing part? The only thing I can think of is after my girls married, I had to bump up my level of tznius in the house because there were sons in law left and right. So I would always try to be dressed from head to toe...normally, I was much more casual, previous to them.

Idk. I'm babbling. It comes from nowhere. It just won't go away... And I so wish it would...

sushilover

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 10:52 pm
I have dreams that are so funny that I can wake my husband and even myself up laughing. Then I think about the dream and it turns out , it's really not that funny at all. Like, I dreamt I was going to my sister to borrow sugar and when I got to the door I realized that she lives 2 hours away from me. Dream me thought how ridiculous is it that I drove two hours to borrow sugar? Then I started laughing and woke myself up.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 11:15 pm
I dream often about everyone in my life at the same time. For example a trip with family. It will include my entire family, my husband's family, my kids, my grandparents, my co workers, my class mates from elementary school , highschool and seminary and neighbors. They are faces from today and from thirty years ago all together. I tend to change. I'll be an elementary kid, but have my own kids right there next to me.... teachers too. My dreams often start out in the home I grew up in and it evolves throughout.

Last edited by thunderstorm on Tue, Mar 13 2018, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 11:17 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
I saw another thread that questioned what a dream meant.

Which made me think; do they need to mean anything?

My most recurring dream is me biting into an apple and all my teeth falling out, or walking to the table undressed.

I really hope these dreams mean nothing!

Anyone have recurring dreams too?
Honestly, I hope so..

Don't want to freak you out but in Gemara it says that if you dream of your teeth falling out, or the night of your wedding or Yom Kippur you should fast.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 11:27 pm
On the topic of dreams, husband (still seems silly to write dh - will someone explain that to me! sounds like showing off) teases me that if someone did something bad to me in a dream I'd be mad at them in real life. He has a point...lol the joys of having someone know you inside out Smile

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 11:30 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Don't want to freak you out but in Gemara it says that if you dream of your teeth falling out, or the night of your wedding or Yom Kippur you should fast.

It also says that dreams go according to how you interpret them. So as long as you find a good interpretation, it's all good.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 11:32 pm
I've had plenty of dreams that came true, to the tee.
Teeth falling out, is a common one for me.

I once heard a shiur on torahanytime.com that explained how sleep can be a form of meditation. Since then I try to meditate on specific things that I find healing, and I find that my dreams end up being deeply healing experiences for me.

The only problem with that, is that if one of my kids wakes up when I'm in middle of a healing dream, it takes at least 2 min for me to be present with the child.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 11:39 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

And you have officially freaked me out. Gonna get my men on that ASAP! shock

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 11:48 pm
Long story in the Gemara about 2 men having their dreams interpreted. One interpretation was positive and one was negative. Because the guy who got a positive interpretation was paying for this service and the other was not.

Quote from Chabad Website:
Question:
Do you interpret dreams? As a kid, I was told that dreaming about losing your teeth is a bad sign. I have had such dreams a few times, and when I wake up, I feel worried. Is it true, and do we have to take dreams seriously?

Answer:
It is true that dreams have meanings, but interestingly, those meanings are fluid. Let me explain . . .

The Talmud relates that the sage Rava once dreamed that his teeth were falling out. He went to Bar Hedya, a professional dream interpreter, to find out its meaning. The interpreter told him that his sons and daughters would die (and he would lose his appetite in his sorrow, and therefore not use his teeth).

The interesting thing is that this anecdote is presented in the context of a longer saga in which Rava and his colleague Abaye would consistently dream similar dreams and go to Bar Hedya for interpretations. Bar Hedya gave Abaye favorable interpretations each time, while Rava consistently received gloomy predictions.

Why the discrepancy? The rabbi who received the positive interpretation was paying Bar Hedya, while the other was not. The weird thing was, the interpretations came true.

The way you interpret a dream can actually have an effect on its realization. The dream itself could go either way: If you say it's bad, it will be. If you label it as a good dream, then that's what will come about.

In fact, the great mystic Rabbi Yoel Baal Shem taught that teeth falling out can be seen as a wonderful dream: Teeth are what we use to grind our food, so we can digest it. They represent the daily grind, the toil and effort we spend on making a living. Teeth falling out in your dream means that you will escape the grind, your income will come easily to you, you will not need to grind hard to eat.

So ultimately, even a dream with a negative connotation can be positive if you interpret it as such.

(not sure I'm gonna want to sleep anymore)

healthymom1

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 12:20 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Am I seriously the only person who dreams her teeth are falling out? I think I need a therapist. It's a constant thing for me! I hate hate hate dentists and root canals. So maybe subconsciously I think my teeth will just fall out? šŸ¤¤

From what I remember about teeth falling out in dreams it has something to do with lashon hara... either your forgiven or you need to do teshuva.

healthymom1

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 12:23 am
I always dream my husband is cheating on me or leaving me for someone else. He always makes me feel so unloved in my dreams. But he is opposite in real life.
I hate it. Someone tell me why I'm always dreaming this painful scenario

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 12:29 am
amother wrote:
It also says that dreams go according to how you interpret them. So as long as you find a good interpretation, it's all good.

Yeah. I'm going with that. Thank you.

Re: Lashon Horah: I'm makpid, Baruch Hashem. Took that and Emunah on as areas to improve in but Baruch Hashem, Lashon horah was the much easier of the 2 to work on. I'm more of a self-deprecating gal.. And I don't have a whole lot of thoughts, especially about others, that I desperately need to share..

So I'm going to interpret my dreams as positive messages and will pay myself for the service! šŸ˜

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 12:34 am
So could be it means you're forgiven for the LH that you've spoken in the past.
Rotten and falling out teeth is a good thing.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 12:42 am
amother wrote:
So could be it means you're forgiven for the LH that you've spoken in the past.
Rotten and falling out teeth is a good thing.

I'll cling to every positive interpretation I can.. Thank you. I hope you're right.

I'm seriously scared to sleep!
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics