Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
Recurring Dreams; Weird dreams we constantly have
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 12:44 am
healthymom1 wrote:
I always dream my husband is cheating on me or leaving me for someone else. He always makes me feel so unloved in my dreams. But he is opposite in real life.
I hate it. Someone tell me why I'm always dreaming this painful scenario

I once dreamed that my DH got involved in a motor vehicle accident. I don't remember the details but the next morning I gave him a whole speech about driving safely... He thought I lost my mind..

weasley

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 7:17 am
healthymom1 wrote:
I always dream my husband is cheating on me or leaving me for someone else. He always makes me feel so unloved in my dreams. But he is opposite in real life.

I had that once! In my dream dh was with my sister! I took me like 10 mins after waking up to tell myself it wasnt real and to stop myself feeling hurt and angry at him!

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 7:20 am
Going anon bc I've told ppl this story before.

My mother once had to fly to Israel last minute she booked her flight at night when all the kids were sleeping - none of them new she was planning on going.

The next morning my SN brother woke up and told my mum, he had a dream that she went to Israel, the plane crashed and she died!

My mother obviously freaked out, asked a rav who said to go, give tzedoka and to go to birchas kohanim!

weasley

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 7:24 am
Jewish foodie - I constantly had dreams of ALL my teeth falling out! (Not had it recently thank goodness!)

We were once discussing dreams round the table at home and it turned out a bunch of my siblings all dreamt that as well! !

2 of my siblings dreamt that the teeth were all off but in their mouth and they were walking around with a mouthful of teeth!

So freaky!

Optimystic

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 8:24 am
amother wrote:
I also once heard a story about demons (shin daleds) that roam near abandoned buildings and from then on, I always (at least once a month,) dream that I'm stuck on a dark abandoned alley or street but my legs are frozen and I can't run..

Wish I never heard that story.. šŸ˜“

I've woken up from dreams completely unable to move, and then I feel like I can't breathe if I don't move. It wasn't until sometime later I learned our bodies are paralyzed when we dream so we do not act out our dreams (or sleepwalk.) Now when it happens, I know not to panic.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 8:34 am
weasley wrote:
Jewish foodie - I constantly had dreams of ALL my teeth falling out! (Not had it recently thank goodness!)

We were once discussing dreams round the table at home and it turned out a bunch of my siblings all dreamt that as well! !

2 of my siblings dreamt that the teeth were all off but in their mouth and they were walking around with a mouthful of teeth!

So freaky!

Thank G-d! When I finally fell asleep last night, I was terrified that dream would come back.. Baruch Hashem it didn't but I am interpreting all my dreams to mean awesome things, just in case! Teeth falling out? That means we're young at heart and are waiting for the "tooth fairy" to put good stuff under our pillow.

Walking half dressed? That means we're gonna find awesome clothing for that season!

Our spirits will not break!

Dreams are by and large meaningless manifestations of things we don't even realize we think about.

But thanks for that! I was honestly bummed yesterday and that's Baruch Hashem rare for me.. Hug

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 9:26 am
My husband said that dreams take moments, though they feel like hours, and they happen right before we wake up. And unless a passed relative comes to you in your dream with specific instructions or requests (extremely rare) they are just silly stuff we worry about or needs and wants... And not to read into them at all..

Optimystic

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 9:57 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Don't want to freak you out but in Gemara it says that if you dream of your teeth falling out, or the night of your wedding or Yom Kippur you should fast.

I waited a long time to marry and had lots of dreams about it. They were all different (and none of them like the real thing.) In one, there were twenty thousand people. In another, no one could see because the sun was too bright.

I have a recurring dream where I am in university again, it is the middle of the semester, and there is a class I completely forgot about. There is a project due, and the time to drop the class just expired.

I have dreams where mundane tasks are really complicated, like I have to tie a shoe, but there are zippers and velcro involved, or I open a book, and the print looks like someone's illegible handwriting.

I could never fly in a dream when I was little, but as an adult, it happens all the time. I also have dreams where I know I am dreaming. It is always something mundane that tips me off, like, 'oh that happened yesterday, or she doesn't live there anymore.' Flying never tips me off.

Optimystic

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 10:03 am
amother wrote:
It also says that dreams go according to how you interpret them. So as long as you find a good interpretation, it's all good.

I had a dream just this morning where I was telling a friend about someone attacking me at a gas station, except that I could not remember the actual attack, just the before and after, but as I told her about it I realized it was not nearly as bad as I thought it was.

I have never been seriously physically hurt by anyone B"H, but I think the dream means talking about the things that have traumatized me will take away the power those negative experiences still have over me.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 12:58 pm
Me three, I have dreams about finding new rooms in my house or secret areas that lead to more space. I've been having those dreams for years!

I also have recurring dreams about different imaginary homes, and once a hotel. I'll have a series of dreams in the same imaginary house. Sometimes it's a mansion, sometimes an apartment. They're usually very spacious, so I guess that's my subconscious wanting more living space! But it's funny how they all don't exist in real life, but they stay the same from dream to dream. Like going back to a place that exists somewhere...just not in real life...

My most recent one was about a huge house with lots of floors, that had a different small room for each type of item I own. So toys for DC 1, in one room. Toys for DC 2 in another. Same for clothing, different types of office supplies and various odds and ends. The rooms weren't living areas, they had no other function other than keeping the items. And I was going around and putting the things away. It was a nice, orderly feeling.

Dreams are so funny sometimes.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 4:00 pm
Optimystic wrote:
I've woken up from dreams completely unable to move, and then I feel like I can't breathe if I don't move. It wasn't until sometime later I learned our bodies are paralyzed when we dream so we do not act out our dreams (or sleepwalk.) Now when it happens, I know not to panic.

I have sleep paralysis too. It can be really scary but since I've figured out how to manage it it's just uncomfortable and not scary anymore. The key is not to fight it and try to snap out if possible- that I can't do yet.

Raisin

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 4:13 pm
amother wrote:
It's 10 minutes before Shabbos and there is NO FOOD READY.

Or worse, it's 20 minutes after licht bentchen and I didn't bentch licht.

Or Erev Pesach and I didn't clean, didn't shop, have NOTHING for Yom Tov.

Or I walked outside without a shaitel, or to the store in a tichel (real big no-no in my circles), or no tights on.

Those are my most common dreams. Different details but all the same theme. No I'm not neurotic about Yiddishkeit in my daily life Very Happy

I have the erev yom tov dream every erev yom tov!! LOL 10 minutes to yom tov and no food cooked!

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 6:11 pm
My dreams are always so disturbing, like last night I dreamed that DH's parents had gotten a divorce and his mom married my dad shock

Or in high school, I would dream that my friend was holding a little baby she had birthed and I would be like "what did you do 9 months ago?" shock

Anyone know what's wrong with me?

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 6:41 pm
amother wrote:
My dreams are always so disturbing, like last night I dreamed that DH's parents had gotten a divorce and his mom married my dad shock

Or in high school, I would dream that my friend was holding a little baby she had birthed and I would be like "what did you do 9 months ago?" shock

Anyone know what's wrong with me?

You had a DREAM. there's nothing wrong with that. And the more I look into it, the more I see it's all just our minds playing games with us. Our worries, our subconscious thoughts... Enjoy them!

Now if only we can learn to control our dreams so we can dream of things we can't do in real life! Twice the fun, and no real world consequences...

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 6:43 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
You had a DREAM. there's nothing wrong with that. And the more I look into it, the more I see it's all just our minds playing games with us. Our worries, our subconscious thoughts... Enjoy them!

Now if only we can learn to control our dreams so we can dream of things we can't do in real life! Twice the fun, and no real world consequences...

But it's every night...I really wish I could ever have a nice dream.

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 8:26 pm
healthymom1 wrote:

I dream the same thing but then when I wake up I'm so ooooo mad at him. It feels so real. I looked it up. There is many interpretations so look yourself.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 8:31 pm
amother wrote:
But it's every night...I really wish I could ever have a nice dream.

Did you ever try changing your dream afterwards when you're in between asleep and awake? I do that sometimes when I didn't like the dream. Then it becomes part of the dream.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 8:33 pm
For a short time I was taking something to help me sleep and it gave me nightmares that I was being tortured (hence the ā€œshort timeā€).

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 8:37 pm
I'm gonna try to find a way to encourage myself to have the dreams I want. I'm gonna see if it's possible. Like flying. I would love to fly in my dreams! That's awesome!

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 10:51 pm
amother wrote:
I have sleep paralysis too. It can be really scary but since I've figured out how to manage it it's just uncomfortable and not scary anymore. The key is not to fight it and try to snap out if possible- that I can't do yet.

Can you elaborate please? I think I have this. I find that it happens mostly when I'm over exhausted.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics