Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
Recurring Dreams; Weird dreams we constantly have
Previous  1  2  3  4

Raw

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 10:57 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Am I seriously the only person who dreams her teeth are falling out? I think I need a therapist. It's a constant thing for me! I hate hate hate dentists and root canals. So maybe subconsciously I think my teeth will just fall out? 🤤

I have this dream often, especially when I’m pregnant. Scares me senseless.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 11:20 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Don't want to freak you out but in Gemara it says that if you dream of your teeth falling out, or the night of your wedding or Yom Kippur you should fast.

Can u plz expand because I always have dreams that my teeth start crumbing until they fall out. I had this dream over and over and once in my dream I thought hey this is just one of my dreams... it’s my “go to” nightmare. (Like when I’m doomed to have a nightmare it’s about teeth crumbling out.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 11:29 pm
amother wrote:
Can u plz expand because I always have dreams that my teeth start crumbing until they fall out. I had this dream over and over and once in my dream I thought hey this is just one of my dreams... it’s my “go to” nightmare. (Like when I’m doomed to have a nightmare it’s about teeth crumbling out.

Dreams of teeth falling out can indicate that you're keeping a secret. Dreams don't have such significance. Don't give them such power. You don't have to freak out about fasting.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:40 am
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....11072

Optimystic

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 1:21 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Now if only we can learn to control our dreams so we can dream of things we can't do in real life! Twice the fun, and no real world consequences...

Be careful! I have done it before. I used to write down my dreams which caused me to remember more dreams including the really mundane ones. This led to real world confusion about things like, "Did I really put those towels away or did I just dream it?" Nothing serious, just little things.

I think asking that question, "Did I dream that?" became so common I would even ask the question while dreaming which got me to start thinking, "Is this a dream?" Sometimes I would decide it wasn't, but other times I realized it was, and not just at the end. It is very exciting to realize I am safely in a dream where I am not about to wake up. It is also crazy how real everything is. Dreams seem fuzzy in memory, but they feel as real as real life when you are in them.

I figured out at some point that I could make things happen, and now, every time I realize I am in a dream, I try to think of something I want to do. I always try flying or something impossible first just to make sure. I don't have complete freedom, and usually I forget it is a dream a short time later.

If you want to have dreams you can control, the first step is to get in the habit of asking yourself when you are awake, "Am I dreaming?" Once you are in the habit, you are more likely to ask that question in your dream, and sometimes you will answer correctly. I have stopped doing it because I realized being conscious I was dreaming during the dream tended to be followed by waking up unable to move.

It kind of makes sense. We aren't suppose to be able to move or be conscious in our dreams, so if you can be conscious in your dreams, you are more likely to not be able to move after you wake up. It goes away pretty quickly, but even though I know that, it is still really scary.

observer

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 1:39 pm
amother wrote:
Me three, I have dreams about finding new rooms in my house or secret areas that lead to more space. I've been having those dreams for years!

Same here!! All the time!!

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 2:26 pm
observer wrote:
Same here!! All the time!!

Me four! Or five!

Isn't it interesting that random people share the same themes in their dreams

I relate to quite a few of the ones mentioned on this thread.

Like forgetting to pack, not cooking for Yom tov in time etc
My most common one is related to school, like having an assignment and not completing it and then trying to get it done before the end of class
Last night I had a dream I smacked someone and I got in big trouble for it

Do you guys notice a theme here?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics