Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
If a wig is more expensive does it mean its better quality?
1  2  Next

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 5:46 pm
Are more expensive wigs usually better quality? Are less expensive wigs usually less?

cnc

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 5:52 pm
The short is answer is no.
Although I’m sure that posters will disagree with me.
In my personal experience. My most expensive wigs were my lowest quality ones and lasted the shortest. My cheapest one lasted the longest. (6 years)

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 6:29 pm
It depends.
I had the same experience as cnc

das

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 6:35 pm
I have never seen a long (minimum shoulder-length) glossy, bouncy beautiful wig that was "cheap."

It is possible that for certain styles you can spend less.

cnc

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 6:46 pm
das wrote:
I have never seen a long (minimum shoulder-length) glossy, bouncy beautiful wig that was "cheap."

It is possible that for certain styles you can spend less.

What do you consider cheap?
I basically wear a couple of inches past the shoulder and bouncy. I don’t think anyone can tell that I paid half the price for my better wigs.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 6:56 pm
What's the price range you're talking about? My $20 wig is ready for the trash after a few months.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 7:01 pm
Can you share the name of your shaitel that lasted 6 years?

das

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 7:04 pm
cnc wrote:
What do you consider cheap?
I basically wear a couple of inches past the shoulder and bouncy. I don’t think anyone can tell that I paid half the price for my better wigs.

These days, below 2,400-. Not saying they don't exist, just that I personally have never seen them...

eta: meaning, when I see a friend/relative in a beautiful wig, I'll usually ask for the brand and inevitably it isn't a cheap one.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 8:10 pm
Same as das. They all look great for 6 months and freshly done. After a year, only the expensive really hold up well.

watergirl

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 10:43 pm
I got a milano maybe 8 years ago for $650 on sale. I sold it for $100 when I stopped wearing sheitls. That lady keeps telling me how great the wig is still holding up!

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 10:50 pm
I have spent between $500 and $800, and so far, I have the 800 dollar one for over six years. I think it's about ready to die, though. My friend does very well with $400 shaitels, and they look great to me!

My shaitelmacher told me that all shaitels last the same amount of time, but the expensive ones look better and more natural. Also, it's easier to find a nice, cheaper shaitel in a dark color - if you're blondish, it's much harder. So I guess it's your call.

cnc

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 10:51 pm
amother wrote:

Esther’s Aron’s cheapest line. I paid under $1000.
I also have a Bella that’s almost four years old and is in great condition. I’m expecting to get another year or two out of it .

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 10:51 pm
I've never spent more than 1,800 on a wig and I have worn them for six years, some more.
It also depends how often you need to wash and set it. I wash and set my own wigs and don't do it often.
I would never consider purchasing a wig above $2,000.

return2You

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 10:52 pm
I think some people wear wigs better than others. Some people sweat more, have stronger chemicals on their scalps which cause the wigs to deteriorate faster.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 10:52 pm
amother wrote:

Galit Italia
Esti ( from Coney Island Avenue)
Milano

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 11:50 pm
Some people are ok wearing a wig that doesn’t look great anymore. That’s not what I call “lasting 6 years”. I like to wear a wig that is really good, yet I don’t want to buy every couple of years. Right now it seems the ones that really look good and last a while are really expensive.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 12:00 am
watergirl wrote:
I got a milano maybe 8 years ago for $650 on sale. I sold it for $100 when I stopped wearing sheitls. That lady keeps telling me how great the wig is still holding up!

What do you wear now? Do you feel lighter etc?

flowerpower

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 12:02 am
I see a very big difference with my wigs. My cheaper one is not the same quality at the ones that costed a bit more. Th hair on it is yucky.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 3:32 am
How often do you get it set?
Dyed?
Wear it in the sun?
Is it for daily use, or do you switch between a couple?
How do you store it?

weasley

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 6:25 am
My sheital macher told me that within each range of wigs theres really good ones and very bad ones. Thats why many times you hear one person raving about a specific name and someone else hating it.

But I think generally you get what you pay for.

I got one for $2000 over 3 years ago and its litrally still like new. I've been to 2 new sheital machers recently to wash it and they both asked if it's new.

I bought one for a $650 2 yrs ago and it's lirally not wearable anymore.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics