Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
If a wig is more expensive does it mean its better quality?
Previous  1  2

watergirl

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 6:25 am
flowerpower wrote:
What do you wear now? Do you feel lighter etc?

I was never a daily sheitel wearer, I mainly wore snoods, berets, tichels etc. Very long story but I “officially” stopped wearing sheitels about 6ish years ago, not even to shul or weddings, and wear nicely wrapped tichels every day, including my non Jewish work, weddings, shul... I still have a sheitel but it has a layer of dust. I feel a million times better now. Yes, lighter (depending on how many scarves are on at one time!) but also more comfortable in general.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 8:19 am
amother wrote:
Some people are ok wearing a wig that doesn’t look great anymore. That’s not what I call “lasting 6 years”. I like to wear a wig that is really good, yet I don’t want to buy every couple of years. Right now it seems the ones that really look good and last a while are really expensive.

I prefer to get a new $1000 wig every so often as opposed to one $3000 once in 5 years. This way I can try the new styles etc.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 8:22 am
das wrote:
These days, below 2,400-. Not saying they don't exist, just that I personally have never seen them...

WHAT? I hardly ever see one above!

mommyhood

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 8:29 am
The cheaper wigs are processes and dyed so in my experience they oxidize much faster and the hair gets coarse.

healthymom1

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 9:53 am
Also depends on your hair color. Darker wigs are usually better quality especially in the cheaper lines. Blondes and reds don't last nearly as long or look nearly as good and real as more expensive wigs.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 10:06 am
I’ve never even handled a wig that cost more than $1500. Even that one was too much for me, but I spent it on a Shevy when they were still that ‘cheap’. I would never buy another one. My Shevy is something like 6 years old and I won’t be replacing it when it goes. I’ll buy something cheaper that lasts as long as it does.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics