Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
ISO Salmon Pasta salad recipe

pause

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 10:00 pm
Title says all.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 10:24 pm
Make pasta al dente, and drain. Toss with just tiny bit of olive oil to keep it getting glued together.

Add a cup or two of frozen peas (I'm not sure how big you want your salad to be, so I'm just throwing out ingredients.)

Add a can of sliced hearts of palm if you want to be fancy.

Cold cooked salmon, cut into one inch pieces, or flaked into large pieces. Arrange the salmon on top of the peas and pasta.

For the dressing, take mayo, a few tablespoons of lemon juice, a whole bunch of dill chopped fine, and some fresh crushed garlic. (You can substitute frozen cubes of dill and garlic if you like.)

Mix the dressing well, and then pour over the top of everything. Simple and delicious! I am never without dill sauce in my house. It pretty much makes everything taste better.

pause

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 10:39 pm
Thanks, FF. What would you serve it with?

Does anyone else have a recipe? I was imagining more veggies in it.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 10:49 pm
Serve warm cubes of baked salmon over grilled veggie linguine. I use green beans, yellow wax beans and cherry tomatoes. The linguine is dressed with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, (sometimes mustard), fresh garlic, s&p.

I also a remember a great restaurant dish years ago of salmon cubes over fettuccine alfredo.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 11:09 pm
pause wrote:
Thanks, FF. What would you serve it with?

Does anyone else have a recipe? I was imagining more veggies in it.

If you like bell peppers, get one of each color, chop them, and toss them with the pasta.

If your salmon is good quality, I think it's a shame to smother it in too much heavy sauce and too many flavors. Let the salmon show off and be the center of attention!

You can always serve a chopped veggie salad on the side. Lightly steamed asparagus would be a nice side dish, too. Spring is on it's way, so think of light and delicate flavors.

pause

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 10:34 am
FF, I made it now. Looks delicious!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics