Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
General anesthesia multiple times?

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 9:06 am
It just hit me that my 7 month will be under gen anesthesia for the 6'th time.
curious to hear from others who had little ones under anesthesia multiple times if this affected anything down the line?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 9:16 am
Unfortunately my child spent first three years undergoing multiple surgeries and procedures. He is a healthy young adult today and bh there were no long term ramifications. No one puts a child unnecessarily under anesthesia . Obviously you weigh the pros and cons prior to each procedure.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 9:22 am
amother wrote:
Unfortunately my child spent first three years undergoing multiple surgeries and procedures. He is a healthy young adult today and bh there were no long term ramifications. No one puts a child unnecessarily under anesthesia . Obviously you weigh the pros and cons prior to each procedure.

This.
My kid had surgery twice before her first birthday. She's three now and doing great.
We are keeping a close watch and she might need more surgery when she gets older. Hopefully not though.

I know quite a few kids who had major medical issues, including one heart issues with multiple surgeries and later on a complete heart transplant, and general anesthesia didn't affect them in any significant way. They are physically emotionally/mentally and socially thriving.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 5:14 am
off topic, but did you have to take your child for an ekg before each time? my son is going under and where I live, they have to have an ekg each time. I'm not complaining. I'm happy that they make you do that.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 5:57 am
No I don't not.
My kid had a cat scan though. She was still mostly asleep (they did it likebthat sonshe won't he scared) and it took like 5 minutes, maybe.
GL and RS to your baby.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 7:20 am
amother wrote:
off topic, but did you have to take your child for an ekg before each time? my son is going under and where I live, they have to have an ekg each time. I'm not complaining. I'm happy that they make you do that.

no ekg's for this procedure.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 7:23 am
amother wrote:

B'H. glad to hear! hoping it won't affect her either, and along with that not to be effected by all narcotic pain meds etc...
yes of course you don't put a child under if not necessary... you gotta do what you gotta do...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics