Home

Eye makeup that will last through yom tov
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Mistyrose


Post  Wed, Mar 14 2018, 10:04 pm
Yom tov is coming and it's time for the perennial question: does anyone know of a mascara (most important) and eyeliner that will last though yom tov?
Back to top

amother




Teal


Post  Wed, Mar 14 2018, 10:12 pm
Following... has anyone looked into semi-permanent makeup? Is it like a tattoo or what?
Back to top

bubble gum









  


Post  Wed, Mar 14 2018, 10:19 pm
L’Oréal double extend is a cool mascara and it really does last. I don’t know for sure about 2 days because I never tried it, but it definitely lasts through shabbos for me and no other mascara ever did. This mascara just seems to stay put until I remove it. It’s a “tube” mascara- that does not refer to the tube that it comes in lol. It’s a term that describes the way the mascara coats your lashes. It forms a tube of mascara around each lash. It does not come off with eye makeup remover - only with warm water. Google about tube mascaras and you’ll learn more. There’s a bit of a learning curve to it but I’m very happy with it in the end. I will say that for a regular morning when I’m in a rush I use my trusty cover girl lash blast because it looks great and lasts for the day. L’Oréal double extend takes longer to apply cuz there is a primer layer first. So you need a little more time to put it on, but then it really just stays put.
Back to top

L K









  


Post  Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:37 am
I've recently used nyx epic liner and it didn't budge for like forever, even when I was forgetting about it and rubbing my eyes!
Back to top

cozyblanket









  


Post  Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:40 am
Following...

Has anyone else used either of the mascara mentioned? Any eyeliners?
Back to top

Jewishfoodie









  


Post  Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:43 am
I think a combination of Smashbox Always on Gel liner with a cream liner on top should keep it on but u can surely use a setting spray for any powder makeup you use. That keeps it from budging at all.

And don't rub your eyes! Gently blot! All yom Tov!
Back to top

Jewishfoodie









  


Post  Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:44 am
The Smashbox color I use is Fishnet. Nice and black.
Back to top

Jewishfoodie









  


Post  Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:46 am
Mascara keep coating on. Waterproof usually lasts longer but I layer both tarte and Almay. Please check for Pesach though
Back to top

amother




Mistyrose


Post  Tue, Sep 11 2018, 10:38 pm
Sucess at last! I just had to use oil to remove the last of the eye makeup I put on erev yom tov!!!!

As a public service, here is,what I did:

I applied Milani eye primer. I have tried two other brands (one quite high end ) , but someone recommended this one and I really do think it's the best. After it dried, I applied as much eyeshadow as possible using a foam applicator rather than a brush. That's a tip I read here, and it apparently works. Then I applied Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. I applied a bit more than usual but not so much that it was garish. Then, NOT waiting for the gel to be completely dry, I applied a dark eyeshadow as a 2ND layer of liner, over the gel eyeliner (Bobbi Brown suggests this for occasions where you want it to last). Finally I applied several coats of L'Oréal lash paradise waterproof mascara, combing between each coat. I still had eyeliner and mascara on at the end of yom.tov, and eyeshadow until late yesterday. You're welcome!
Back to top

amother




Babyblue


Post  Tue, Sep 11 2018, 11:16 pm
amother wrote:
Sucess at last! I just had to use oil to remove the last of the eye makeup I put on erev yom tov!!!!

As a public service, here is,what I did:

I applied Milani eye primer. I have tried two other brands (one quite high end ) , but someone recommended this one and I really do think it's the best. After it dried, I applied as much eyeshadow as possible using a foam applicator rather than a brush. That's a tip I read here, and it apparently works. Then I applied Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. I applied a bit more than usual but not so much that it was garish. Then, NOT waiting for the gel to be completely dry, I applied a dark eyeshadow as a 2ND layer of liner, over the gel eyeliner (Bobbi Brown suggests this for occasions where you want it to last). Finally I applied several coats of L'Oréal lash paradise waterproof mascara, combing between each coat. I still had eyeliner and mascara on at the end of yom.tov, and eyeshadow until late yesterday. You're welcome!

What's a foam applicator? Is it that triangular spongy thing?
Back to top

coloredleaves









  


Post  Tue, Sep 11 2018, 11:40 pm
Anyone tried fake eyelashes that u out on yourself? Any that are good in general for a newbie To try ? Nothing crazy looking. And any good over Yom Tov? I see them in the drug store including magnetic and don't know if they are worth buying.
Back to top

champagne









  


Post  Tue, Sep 11 2018, 11:46 pm
Inglot black gel pot eyeliner (I think the shade number is 77) is considered the holy grail by many pro makeup artists. I’ve used it for 3 day Yom Tov and if you don’t sleep on it hard or rub your eyes, I assure you it won’t budge. You have to find it online though, they don’t sell in drugstores or Sephora.
Back to top

amother




Sapphire


Post  Wed, Sep 12 2018, 12:53 am
I used wet n wild waterproof liquid eyeliner and maybelline waterproof great lash (in pink and green container) mascara before YT which lasted pretty well. The 1st day it looked as though I had just applied it. By the 2nd day the eyeliner was beginning to lighten but I still had to use eye makeup remover tonight to totally remove it.
Back to top

amother




Mistyrose


Post  Wed, Sep 12 2018, 12:58 am
Yes, babyblue. It's the little foam spongy thing that comes with some inexpensive eyeshadows, or in sephora.
Back to top

amother




Teal


Post  Wed, Sep 12 2018, 12:55 pm
Any brand of tubes that doesn't require multiple steps? Preferably hypo-allergienic/sensitive eyes.

I know I used to use it and I can't remember if there was a reason I stopped. I had Revlon Super Length Mascara - Waterproof over YT and although I was very careful (well, for me) most of it was off by the end of the first day. Some of my eyeliner and half of my Revlon 24 hour stayed on (the top lip!) so at least I didn't look like death warmed over.

But I would like to try a new mascara.
Back to top

blessedjmom









  


Post  Wed, Sep 12 2018, 1:16 pm
Caroline bold mascara and careline ink liner (Its a marker-literally)
Both stayed on till motze Yom tov!!!!
Back to top

amother




Mistyrose


Post  Wed, Sep 12 2018, 1:34 pm
blessedjmom wrote:
Caroline bold mascara and careline ink liner (Its a marker-literally)
Both stayed on till motze Yom tov!!!!


Where do you get those?
Back to top

penguin









  


Post  Wed, Sep 12 2018, 2:30 pm
Well, I checked Amazon for Caroline and it came up with Careline. I think that's what blessedjmom meant.

It's carried in most Jewish hosiery stores where I live but you can also find their products on Amazon.

I find the long lasting lipstick is not nearly as good as Revlon. But I think I'll try the eye liner if people here like it. (Though of course everyone's skin is different. I wonder if it has to do with how much oil your skin produces?)
Back to top

amother




Jetblack


Post  Wed, Sep 12 2018, 2:36 pm
champagne wrote:
Inglot black gel pot eyeliner (I think the shade number is 77) is considered the holy grail by many pro makeup artists. I’ve used it for 3 day Yom Tov and if you don’t sleep on it hard or rub your eyes, I assure you it won’t budge. You have to find it online though, they don’t sell in drugstores or Sephora.


There are Inglot stores in Manhattan, including one near Times Square. I've never been there or used the products, but I've walked past the store.

Anon for location
Back to top

ra_mom









  


Post  Wed, Sep 12 2018, 3:11 pm
Tattoo eyeliner from Sephora
https://m.sephora.com/product/.....er-P433895
Keep face washed on YT and use powders if allowed for you for all else besides eyeliner.
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty

Similar Topics Replies Last Post
Eye liner- liquid - that will last thru yom tov
by mother4
1 Fri, Aug 25 2017, 12:42 pm View last post
Rib Eye Steak for Yom Tov?
by someone
5 Wed, Sep 28 2016, 8:41 am View last post
by cbg
Last minute toys for yom tov
by SV
2 Tue, May 18 2010, 9:31 am View last post
by YALT
Look horrible with no makeup over a 3 day yom tov
by amother
59 Fri, Sep 12 2014, 3:08 am View last post
With three days Yom Tov ahead of us..... (makeup question)
by amother
15 Wed, Apr 16 2008, 2:30 am View last post

Jump to:  





Report offensive ad