Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O The Nosiest Question Contest
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

heidi

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 5:12 am
How big is your diamond? How much did it cost?
From a lady in the pizza shop.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 8:38 am
amother wrote:
What are you basing that on? I don't know anyone who would consider dating a divorced guy without first finding out - ideally from the ex - what happened.

I agree on principle. As a divorcee, I want to know things that only the ex-wife wouldn't lie about, such as child support consistency and mental stability. I would not ask about character or personality for obvious reasons.

However I understand that it's hard to be on the other end of that phone call. I can't imagine how I would have handled a call from ex's new wife while she was still in the research stage...

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 8:47 am

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 9:13 am
amother wrote:
I agree on principle. As a divorcee, I want to know things that only the ex-wife wouldn't lie about, such as child support consistency and mental stability. I would not ask about character or personality for obvious reasons.

However I understand that it's hard to be on the other end of that phone call. I can't imagine how I would have handled a call from ex's new wife while she was still in the research stage...

Just to explain why I almost fainted- my daughter’s principal was the one asking. It was just weird and I don’t think appropriate and I don’t need her school understanding the level of disfunction in my ex, it’s not their business.

As for someone finding out about a guy, I have had someone ask my friend, there’s a rav, etc. most divorced women I know didn’t divorce for stupid reasons but rather bec the guy was unstable, unsafe and not marriageable.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 9:23 am
Newly married and newly pregnant, sitting with MIL while men in shul Friday night.
MIL: So tell me, have your breasts changed?
Me: shock shock

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 9:25 am
When I told someone I had a miscarriage...
“Was it conceived naturally or not ?”

sushilover

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 9:25 am
amother wrote:
When I went out with my twins in their stroller more than one person asked me if they were "conceived naturally". I still don't understand why a complete stranger wanted to know this about a complete stranger.

I've heard this SO MANY TIMES , and from the nicest, most normal people. Why do people think it's OK to ask how a child was conceived? I wish I could have the guts to respond, "and what position were you in when you conceived your children? "

leah233

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 9:37 am
amother wrote:
Nice house, what did you pay?

It's nosy but anyone can easily find that out online anyway .

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 10:04 am
amother wrote:
When I told someone I had a miscarriage...
“Was it conceived naturally or not ?”

Anyone who asks such a question should have their brain examinated. Banging head

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 10:08 am
What my prognosis is shock

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 10:11 am
amother wrote:
Just to explain why I almost fainted- my daughter’s principal was the one asking. It was just weird and I don’t think appropriate and I don’t need her school understanding the level of disfunction in my ex, it’s not their business.

As for someone finding out about a guy, I have had someone ask my friend, there’s a rav, etc. most divorced women I know didn’t divorce for stupid reasons but rather bec the guy was unstable, unsafe and not marriageable.

That does sound invasive, coming from a principal. It's crossing professional boundaries.

But again, not everyone has a rav that was involved enough, friends may not know much, etc. Your last line is depressing and worthy of a spin-off. You're basically saying there are no marriageable divorced men out there.

Zehava

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 10:15 am
amother wrote:
That does sound invasive, coming from a principal. It's crossing professional boundaries.

But again, not everyone has a rav that was involved enough, friends may not know much, etc. Your last line is depressing and worthy of a spin-off. You're basically saying there are no marriageable divorced men out there.

Not all women are angels. Some of them are unstable or mentally deficient. Unless I know the woman really really really well I don’t assume that it’s always the husbands fault.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:41 am
The mailman!!! He just opened our office door and took a head count to see if we all showed up to work today despite the snow. He then said "You're all here! I'm impressed! And there is no mail today". He literally just came in to see if we came to work. Lol.

Last edited by thunderstorm on Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

cnc

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:42 am
thunderstorm wrote:
The mailman!!! He jus told opened our office door and took a head count to see if we all showed up to work today despite the snow. He then said "You're all here! I'm impressed! And there is no mail today". He literally just came in to see if we came to work. Lol.

That’s hilarious!

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:48 am
At shiva, How did he die? Was it sudden? Was he sick? How old was he? How long was he in the hospital?

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:58 am
amother wrote:
At shiva, How did he die? Was it sudden? Was he sick? How old was he? How long was he in the hospital?

Do you think your father is planning to remarry? At shivah

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:50 pm
From strangers who don't know DD is adopted (keep in mind that I adopted her when I was 38, but I look 20 years younger):

Why are you giving her a bottle?
How many more are you planning to have?
Why won't you give her a sibling? Won't she be lonely?

From people who do know she's adopted (not close friends, but aquaintances):

Was her mother a drug addict?
Why did she not keep her?
Is there something wrong with her (DD)?

They would say this stuff right in front of DD, as if DD were deaf or too stupid to understand the implications! shock

I am so glad that I gave DD a good feeling about her birth mom, her adoption, and her extended family on all sides.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 1:01 pm
From a stranger, who was 25 years older. who I met once when I was single, are you shomer negiah?

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 1:36 pm
the nosiest question I got was from my landlord (man): why do you want to extend your apartment? are you having another baby?

amother
White

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 2:53 pm
In the country, I told my friend that I’m not in the mood to go swimming today. She gives me a strange and shocking look and says- aren’t you on bc? According to my calculation, you should be able to come today.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics