Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O The Nosiest Question Contest
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

clowny

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 2:56 pm
amother wrote:
Newly married and newly pregnant, sitting with MIL while men in shul Friday night.
MIL: So tell me, have your breasts changed?
Me: shock shock

OMG. I think this is the winner!!!

Reminds me of a friend. Her mil works in lingerie shop. They once had a huge sale on bras and she wanted to take some for her dil. So she calls her and says- sury, what size bra are you??

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 3:03 pm
amother wrote:
That does sound invasive, coming from a principal. It's crossing professional boundaries.

But again, not everyone has a rav that was involved enough, friends may not know much, etc. Your last line is depressing and worthy of a spin-off. You're basically saying there are no marriageable divorced men out there.

I hear you and agree with the poster who said that many women are also not marriageable/stable. And there are divorcees come to think of it who are just too different and got divorced because of that... I take that back.

I think it’s an ok question to ask someone in the know of a divorcee, and even to have someone else ask her like a friend but the principal asking me just shocked me and threw me off

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 3:09 pm
After a public scandal involving my family someone (an aqaintance) asked me,
"Do you think your parents will get divorced"

rgr

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 3:11 pm
amother wrote:
In the country, I told my friend that I’m not in the mood to go swimming today. She gives me a strange and shocking look and says- aren’t you on bc? According to my calculation, you should be able to come today.

Oy vey

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 3:14 pm
clowny wrote:

Reminds me of a friend. Her mil works in lingerie shop. They once had a huge sale on bras and she wanted to take some for her dil. So she calls her and says- sury, what size bra are you??

at least this mil wanted to know for constructive purposes! not that I wouldn't be mortified...

this is not in nosy category just ignorant- my fil popped in for a visit to say hello (inlaws live oot). he mainly came to see my baby and 'check' up on her. my daughter has a facial anomaly & is technology dependent but b'H fully cognitively aware. she is a baby though.
so he comes by and is lovingly talking to the baby who is blissfully sweetly napping in her crib. he turns to the nurse and asks her something, but as I was in another room I didn't hear. he then calls out to me and asks "does she ever respond to you"?
poor thing, he must've thought she is in a coma or s/t ch'v...

Another mom

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 3:19 pm
amother wrote:
About year after we were married, my DH was on a bus in Israel. Guy next to him, complete stranger, started talking to him, how long have you been married, etc, any kids? When the answer was no kids yet, he said "make sure you wife lies on her back with her legs up after the act".

I don't believe this one

sallytd

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 3:47 pm
amother wrote:
That does sound invasive, coming from a principal. It's crossing professional boundaries.

But again, not everyone has a rav that was involved enough, friends may not know much, etc. Your last line is depressing and worthy of a spin-off. You're basically saying there are no marriageable divorced men out there.

I agree.. it's mostly the men who have such crazy issues.. yes there definitely are women out who have issues but usually the guys at fault.. thinking of so many agunos still fighting for their getts..

sallytd

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 3:50 pm
amother wrote:
In the country, I told my friend that I’m not in the mood to go swimming today. She gives me a strange and shocking look and says- aren’t you on bc? According to my calculation, you should be able to come today.

That's insane! Why are people keeping tabs? shock

Boca00

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 3:57 pm
A stranger once asked if I was pregnant (I didn't look pregnant at all!).
I said "no, I actually had a baby a few months ago."
She responded with, "ok, then when are you having the next one?"

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 4:22 pm
Someone looked at my necklace at a wedding and said, "OMG! It looks like real deal!"

I said, "I know, right? Its amazing what you can get on Canal street!"

My husband was sooo mad.. I guess men want credit when they spend a small fortune on a "she married my kids off" gift..

I, on the other hand, literally could not care less what people think...

I hope shes still searching Canal street..

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 4:24 pm
clowny wrote:

For a FIL working in a lingerie shop I actually wouldn't be embarrassed. Not in this specific case. For her, bra size is a very matter of fact thing. And I am a very private person who has a *huge*issue with nosy/gossipy/intruding persons.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 5:18 pm
Was out with a friend who was pregnant with #2. And she turned around to me (ttc for a,while) and said...are you sure you are doing you it right?

ludicrous

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 5:20 pm
amother wrote:

I don't understand the "friend's" question

jewwoman

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 5:20 pm
Was wearing a baggy top once only married about 6months. Someone who I barely knew came up to me and said your pregs right?
I answered no. She went on to say. Well your wearing maternity...OMYGOSH when you have stuck ur foot in it. Shut your mouth. Do people never learn?

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 7:19 pm
Once when I went to mil. My daughter was 2. As soon as my dh went to the bathroom. She told me in front of father in law and sister in law. So when were you going to tell me the news already? I said what news...I was really confused...she said that you are pregnant. I said I am not. She wasn't even embarressed. I happen to have had a twin miscarriage the month before but I was NOT in any clothing that even remotely looked maternity. She was never told about the miscarriage.

After my stillbirth...someone spread a rumor about me that I had the baby at home and that's why it died. And that it's my fault. I found out from a lot of ppl who asked me outright. Happens to be the baby was born in the hospital and it was a cord accident. Dh went to the person who said it and told her off. I HATE HER TILL TODAY....

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 8:13 pm
amother wrote:
DH got asked if he has s*x with his yarmulkah on. His response: “Does it get in the way?”

I got asked if we do it through a sheet.

My response was "dont believe everything you read on the internet"

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 8:22 pm
ludicrous- some pple don't go swimming when they have their period. your friend is thinking way too much in to your life. I would find that really creepy.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 8:28 pm
My professor in college (Jewish, not religious) came over to me after class and asked me if I have any hair under my wig embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed
Was newly married and super self conscious about wearing a sheitel. Was horrible.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 8:34 pm
Deleted

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 9:44 pm
Someone asked me "How did your husband die"
it was very recent and I was very uncomfortable
She continued " Why are you taken back from the question? it is not like it was suicide or something"
ooops! it was!
I do not remember what I stammered
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics