Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O The Nosiest Question Contest
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

sallytd

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 6:52 pm
amother wrote:
Someone asked me "How did your husband die"
it was very recent and I was very uncomfortable
She continued " Why are you taken back from the question? it is not like it was suicide or something"
ooops! it was!
I do not remember what I stammered

Wow! People can be so inconsiderate. They just don't think. Banging head

btdivorcedmom

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 7:02 pm
amother wrote:
It's pretty normal to want to talk to the ex-wife. Not sure why you almost fainted.

Because by definition an ex wife can not be objective. In addition, she should not be put in a position when she needs to reveal details of her divorce, it's very private and asking her about it is invasive.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 7:03 pm
All from Israeli Taxi Drivers:

- When we were dating, one told my husband that we should get engaged because it looks from my face like I like him.
- One who was taking me to work asked me how much I make to be able to afford such a long cab ride
- Asked us if we waited a long time to have my daughter. My husband answer no (because it's none of his business) and then he explained he was only asking because it's unusual for a chareidi couple to only have one kid
-One who offered to pass something to my husband since he noticed "it must be that time of month"

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 7:57 pm
My friend asked me
ביסט נאך א מיידל?
(Are you still a girl?)
What???!!
Lady Lady

tobee

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 9:27 pm
I can't think of any good ones right now but I'm horrified at these posts. Hopefully the rest of society is normal,but I'm in shock at some of these posts.wow.

tobee

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 9:31 pm
Someone did asking me today(customer) when I'm having my next one. My baby is 4. I looked her in the eye and said when Hashem decides, but really wanted to embarrass her a little and say something ridiculous like: in a few days when I go to the mikvah we're gonna try full blast to concieve, hopefully do the act a couple of times in one night. Lol-we we're in the presence of young teens.

gande

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 9:40 pm
I've had this a few times with Russians. Once it was a jewish man working in the store. He looked at me from the back and front and predicted if I would have a girl or boy according to my shape and the way I walked.

chuchu

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 5:19 am
Went on vacation when I cam eback a friend asked did it work out did you take something you usually have your cycle this time of the month.

rgr

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 7:08 am
Everybody, please take all the likes on this thread as hugs!

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 1:28 pm
for goodness sakes how do people's friends know or even think they know their cycles!

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 3:25 am
When I was staying in the hospital 26 weeks pregnant (maternity ward) a lady I don't know and my dh didn't know, came over to him saying mazel tov, a girl or a boy? My dh was in shock... "NO PLEASE, NO MAZEL TOVS YET"

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 3:56 am
amother wrote:
Nice house, what did you pay?

Not only nosy but stupid, considering you can find this information out on zillow.com. (And even before Zillow, and before the internet, that information was always publicly available from the county.)

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 4:07 am
A bunch of people in college and graduate school asked me the hole-in-the-sheet question.

To this day, professional colleagues of mine ask me if I believe in God, and when I respond affirmatively, ask me if I believe in the divine origin of the Torah. And it doesn't end there. I am also asked how I can belong to a religion that discriminates against women. It's a valid question, and this is one of the many issues that I struggle with (I consider struggling a good thing), but it's none of their business.

Starting a new job, going to a conference, meeting new people is often a minefield where I have to defend my beliefs and practices.

Hairdressers and Uber drivers ask me how many kids I have.

I've said this before on the #MeToo thread: I often wonder what about me makes people try to breach perfectly reasonable boundaries.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 4:38 am
When we moved to our current community, we rented a house before we bought one in another (better) part of town. People frequently asked me what our rent was. I know some people are very open about that, and I kind of understood, because otherwise there's not much way to figure out what market value is, but I still found it kind of intrusive. I always did tell them, however.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 5:02 am
amother wrote:
ludicrous- some pple don't go swimming when they have their period. your friend is thinking way too much in to your life. I would find that really creepy.
I personally don't go swimming when I have my period due to convenience, since I don't use tampons, but
I think I read once on Imamother that people are makpid not to go swimming during shiva nekiim

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 5:10 am
I once walked into a local kids' shoe store after I didn't find what I was looking for at my regular shoe store. My purchases from the previous store were in a bag. As I was standing next to the proprietor telling her what I was looking for, I saw her peeking into my bag. I felt very uncomfortable, and then to make matters worse, she started asking me how much that store charged me for those boots, and how could they charge me so much, she sells it for less than half price, since it's last year 's style. I don't know why I even answered, but I was so taken aback and so uncomfortable. Lady, you just lost a customer.

gnomey

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 6:38 am
More than one person asked me how much weight I gained during my pregnancy. I complained about it to a coworker and she said "what's wrong with that? I ask that question all the time to pregnant women." When I asked her why, she said to estimate how large the baby would be (?????). So if I gained 30 lbs does that mean she thinks the baby will weigh 30 lbs?!?!

rgr

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 6:47 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I personally don't go swimming when I have my period due to convenience, since I don't use tampons, but
I think I read once on Imamother that people are makpid not to go swimming during shiva nekiim

I was so confused by that comment, thanks for clarifying.

So if they can't swim by their period or by shiva nekeeim, that doesn't leave much time for swimming Confused

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 7:03 am
Not a question, but a stupid action none-the-less...

A saleslady in a children's store came over to where my daughter was modeling an outfit for me and said, "Oh, since she's a bit thick in the waist, you can alter it like this..." and proceeded to detail how to alter it.

I wanted to smack her. Don't ruin my daughter's body image!

And I didn't ASK you for you "help!"

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 11:59 am
After my stillbirth I went to the seamstress to hem a new robe that I got. She looks at me and asks "where's your baby?". I looked at her and replied innocently "Me? A baby? I dont have a baby (like I dont even know what makes you think so). She points to my stomach and says "you had big stomach", I calmly, replied, shocking her "oh well, baby died"... she couldnt understand why and how.... sorry whoever was in the fitting room. I heard you there and felt bad that you felt uncomfortable! I guess we share a nosy seamstress!!

And to end off the story properly...
My mother neeed something from that same seamtress that week and she asked my mother "what happened to your daughter's baby?" Talk about nosy AND keeping track seamstress

Anon cuz ppl heard my story alot
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics