Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How do you keep your jewelry organized?

pause

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:35 pm
Especially when it comes to costume jewelry, I have so many random necklaces and earrings. I'm looking for a system that keeps things neat, in place, not tangled, yet easy to put into or take out.

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:39 pm
I bought myself a large jewellery box last year and I’m very happy with it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N.....a_swf

iammom

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:40 pm
For earrings you can use an ice cube tray - they're perfect sizes and each pair of earrings is neatly separated.

I put necklaces in my ice cube tray also but I can't promise you they won't tangle.

iammom

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:43 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
I bought myself a large jewellery box last year and I’m very happy with it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N.....a_swf

I have this weird fear to put all my jewelry in one place - if burglars come snooping, they can easily make off with all my jewelry. I keep my real jewelry in separate boxes so I have more of a chance of being left with something.

This is totally normal right? Everyone has this completely rational thought process. Right?? LOL Wink

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:44 pm

Shoshana37

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:44 pm
I have this big tri mirror that I bought in ikea and behind each side of the mirror there are hooks for big necklaces.
For my real gold and silver jewelry I use jewelry box similar from amazon posted above

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:47 pm
pause wrote:
Especially when it comes to costume jewelry, I have so many random necklaces and earrings. I'm looking for a system that keeps things neat, in place, not tangled, yet easy to put into or take out.

I just organized all my jewelry yesterday!
I nailed a row of jewelry hooks that are mounted on a base, onto the inside of the door of my armoire. I hang all my necklaces .
I layer them on the hooks .
I also have a large jewelry box on my dresser that looks like a mini armoire. The two sides open up and have mini hooks to hang more chains and bracelets. Down the center there are about four drawers. There is one drawer that has special spacers to put rings . The drawer has pins etc
I keep another jewelry box (just a box with a cover ) on top of this big jewelry box and that holds all my earrings ( I have a lot) My sister constantly buys me costume jewelry so I have a huge collection and I match it to my clothes daily.

lfab

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 6:07 pm
I have something similar to this https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....nted. Not this exact version but same idea. If you have a lot of stuff you can get more than one.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 6:43 pm
does anyone have a full length mirror that has storage for jewelry behind that they like?

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 6:58 pm
iammom wrote:
I have this weird fear to put all my jewelry in one place - if burglars come snooping, they can easily make off with all my jewelry. I keep my real jewelry in separate boxes so I have more of a chance of being left with something.

This is totally normal right? Everyone has this completely rational thought process. Right?? LOL Wink

I don’t have that thought process but I do have a baseball bat in my bedroom. You know, because I could totally use it to protect myself against intruders, right?!

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 7:02 pm
iammom wrote:

If it makes you feel better, when I was a little girl, I had an antique rose gold and diamond ring. I slept in it because I figured that way, a burglar couldn't get it during the night.

Then a woman up the street was murdered, and the killer* cut off her finger to get her engagement ring.

I don't sleep in rings anymore.

* IIRC, it turned out to be someone hired by her husband. Making it even more bizarre.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics