Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Spiritual significance of thyroid disease?
1  2  Next

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 10:58 pm
You are not supposed to say things like this but here goes anyway...

Recently my artificial thyroid levels went too high, then I had a slump as I cut them back. (it's still a bit of a process). Anyway, while I was in the throws of it all I had this weird feeling where my head was screaming Don't say that! Don't do that! Don't feel that! And my head was being logical and rest of me was not, and it was like a just could not stop myself.

So I was thinking - this sounds like the Chabad idea where you need to be Melech and let the Brain (Moach) lead the heart (Lev) lead the keved (liver) (מלך) and the problem people have is known as the "narrowing of the throat" - is that the head knows what to do but can't push it's ideas into the body because the throat is too narrow.

And then I thought - isn't it amazing that the thyroid is in the throat/neck?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 11:01 pm
That is so interesting. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Mar 25 2018, 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 11:04 pm
Interesting... so are you saying your thyroid problem is a reflection of your throat being too narrow and not letting your head lead your heart?

All I know from my work in healing is that the energy of the throat area represents expression and speech, and blockages in the energy there may come from someone feeling constricted in their ability to express themselves or say what they feel.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 11:10 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
Interesting... so are you saying your thyroid problem is a reflection of your throat being too narrow and not letting your head lead your heart?

All I know from my work in healing is that the energy of the throat area represents expression and speech, and blockages in the energy there may come from someone feeling constricted in their ability to express themselves or say what they feel.

I learned what you said as well, but I have to say, if something is in Tanya, it is powerful. I use Tanya in healing a lot, and it is one of my most powerful tools of all.

Op, don't discredit the thought.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Mar 25 2018, 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 11:43 pm
Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm not really sure what I am saying, other than making connections between things that are not usually connected together.

I guess I'm just putting it out there to see what you would all say. To see if the idea appears elsewhere, or could be developed.

And to ask, I guess, how does one go about "widening the neck"?

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:37 am
Maybe by allowing yourself to speak out and express whatever opposition you are feeling towards the head’s messages. Put everything out there on the table so that the head can lead in a calm and empathetic way rather than authoritarian.

OP I’m just playing with the two ideas and in no way trying to presume anything about your personal situation.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 8:18 am
Halevai things were solved through introspection

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 8:37 am
amother wrote:
Halevai things were solved through introspection

More and more people are healing themselves in this kind of way. They call it energetically, but we have all of the answers in the Torah.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 4:34 pm
I'm not trying to heal the thyroid. I'm more concerned with what the thyroid issue says about me as a person. Although for other people in sure it's all different

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 4:42 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not trying to heal the thyroid. I'm more concerned with what the thyroid issue says about me as a person. Although for other people in sure it's all different
Don't worry, it says nothing about your character. All it says to you is that there is an interaction between your genes, your environment, and what you're putting into your body that's gone wrong. Yes, stress and other emotional factors can adversely affect the chemical and biological mechanisms in the body, but that's not a spiritual character flaw.

Sorry OP, there have been people in my life who have tried shoving this kind of thinking down my throat and it has caused me nothing but additional grief.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 5:03 pm
amother wrote:
I sure hope its different for all people. Gosh, I have no thyroid at all, had cancer of the thyroid. What to say to that?

amother
White

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 5:07 pm
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but can anyone help me with the spiritual meaning of pinworms?? Not a joke. Haven't been able to get rid of these things for years now.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 5:09 pm
amother wrote:
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but can anyone help me with the spiritual meaning of pinworms?? Not a joke. Haven't been able to get rid of these things for years now.
It means you have a compromised immune system and/or suboptimal gut microbiota. In general parasites are notoriously hard to treat. Horses and dogs get de-wormed every 6 months but somehow humans don't think it's necessary.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 6:17 pm
amother wrote:

If it helps you learn about yourself and grow, then look for it. If not, and you end up judging yourself or others, don't go there.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Mar 25 2018, 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 6:33 pm
amother wrote:

Found this: https://eliciamiller.com/take-.....anse/

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 6:51 pm
amother wrote:
You are not supposed to say things like this but here goes anyway...

?

Ok maybe I should have never started the thread. I have no idea why Hashem runs the world. It is *wrong wrong wrong* to claim to know why anyone has anything. I am not judging anyone. Maybe amother with the pinworms issue it's the WORMS that needed to be reincarnated into your or your kids holy body to be metakain something from a past life- or any on of 100000000000s of things and scenarios that we cannot possibly understand.

However having said that, *I* had a very strange experience where I really felt a massive disconnect between my head and the rest of my body, and I do think it's something I need to work on, and I was just wondering really if anyone had heard any Torah about this. Because one comes to know Hashem (to the limited extent it is possible in this world) by learning His Torah . Not by just making stuff up.

I'm really sorry for offending anyone.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 7:39 pm
amother wrote:
Ok maybe I should have never started the thread. I have no idea why Hashem runs the world. It is *wrong wrong wrong* to claim to know why anyone has anything. I am not judging anyone. Maybe amother with the pinworms issue it's the WORMS that needed to be reincarnated into your or your kids holy body to be metakain something from a past life- or any on of 100000000000s of things and scenarios that we cannot possibly understand.

However having said that, *I* had a very strange experience where I really felt a massive disconnect between my head and the rest of my body, and I do think it's something I need to work on, and I was just wondering really if anyone had heard any Torah about this. Because one comes to know Hashem (to the limited extent it is possible in this world) by learning His Torah . Not by just making stuff up.

I'm really sorry for offending anyone.

Feeling a disconnect between your head and your body can be a completely neurological experience, which makes sense given your hormones and ergo, neurotransmitters are out of balance.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 6:38 am
No. Don't "heal yourself" when it's serious. See a DOCTOR. If you want to have fun and feel powerful, do it for a cold and stuff, not for thyroid disease. And NO being sick doesn't say anything bad (or good) about you, wow what's that quackery??

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 6:42 am
I saw a doctor! That was the first thing I did.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 8:44 pm
Bumping this because I saw Pink Fridge just posted. Hoping she is still online and will comment.

Hi Pinkfridge! Cheers
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics