Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O Nosiest Question-how do you respond?
Previous  1  2

simba

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 4:12 pm
My brother does this.
When someone just asks "how are you" and he knows it's just a formality and the guy could care less he answers with lot same of details on his diarrhea, irregular bowel and asks for the guys advice, something like: " I am so glad you asked how I am doing, lately I have been having terrible diarrhea and my stomach is just shot from it, ever happened to you?"

AKWARD!

tf

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 4:18 pm
simba wrote:
My brother does this.
When someone just asks "how are you" and he knows it's just a formality and the guy could care less he answers with lot same of details on his diarrhea, irregular bowel and asks for the guys advice, something like: " I am so glad you asked how I am doing, lately I have been having terrible diarrhea and my stomach is just shot from it, ever happened to you?"

AKWARD!

"How are you" is such an innocent way to greet! ?!?!?! Why does he think it's nosy? The asker didn't mean anything nosy, why would he feel offended by it?

simba

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 4:25 pm
tf wrote:
"How are you" is such an innocent way to greet! ?!?!?! Why does he think it's nosy? The asker didn't mean anything nosy, why would he feel offended by it?

You are right it is not nosy.l it's just fake.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 4:31 pm
I have a really hard time not answering back with snarky and sarcastic remarks. I am cursed with a fairly sharp wit, so mainly I smile and keep my mouth shut. Silent

A blank stare and a change of subject usually gets the point across. "So, how about that Superbowl? Did you bet on the winning team?"

Simple1

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 4:51 pm
I ask "Why?" Or " why do you ask?" Or "why do you want to know?" If it's about money, I might say I'd need to check with dh, or check my receipts or whatever. I find these responses to be a gentle, not nasty way of letting the conversation go in a different direction.

It's not so terrible if someone accidentally asks a nosy question. What is off-putting is when someone doesn't back down even after they should see that they've touched on a sensitive issue.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 7:44 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
The nosiest question thread left me with a dropped jaw to put it mildly.
What are your best response to an unbelievably nosy question? We need ready-to-serve replies in those situations. All of us.

Bring them on!

A therapist told me the best response, which puts the focus right back in them without sounding angry: “WOW, I really admire the way you feel confident enough to ask me such a personal question.” That’s it. The leave it to them.

chuchu

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 2:38 am
Was told several times Your son needs a brother its hard to be a only child. I usually answer we ordered but was told out if stock for now.

Or

You need to have atleast one girl you know bla bla bla.
Me: can you give me the recipe please.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics