Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The non drivers in Lakewood need help.
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 5:37 pm
I am pleading for all of the lakewooders that are ready and willing to help all women who don't drive help us get to hospitals get there. Like states island hospital or Methodist. The shuttle doesn't go there.

A woman's child had a severe burn this past shabbos and she has no way to get there. No bikur cholim or chai lifeline and no one was able to take her.

She only wants to visit her son. A 2.5 year old. Please help us out. It's not a time to discuss why we don't drive, it's a hard thing for us we do it nonthe less and we plead of you to help us out. We know it's not easyf or you even though you drive. But the mitzva is even greater.

Imagine you have a loved on at such a young age in a hospital and you have no way of getting there to be there with them. It's excruciating pain what this mother is going through.

I plead of you. Thanks for taking the time to read this. The zechus of this mitzva is tremendous!

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 5:39 pm
I really didn't know which forum to put this as I must be anonymous. Sorry if it's in the wrong forum.

InnerMe

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 5:42 pm
Brunnette, I believe you have good intentions but I'm not sure if this thread is a wise idea.

zigi

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 5:50 pm
uber?

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 5:53 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Brunnette, I believe you have good intentions but I'm not sure if this thread is a wise idea.

Seriously?!
I'd love to help but dnt live in lkwd

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 5:53 pm
I thouhgt Bikur Cholim has drivers? I was thinking about doing this - have no idea who to call, but unfortunately I don't think I have time before Pesach Sad. Anyone know who takes care of this?

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 5:56 pm
Maybe there are car services that can take you there

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 6:08 pm
If I lived in Lakewood this op would annoy me.

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 6:10 pm
amother wrote:
If I lived in Lakewood this op would annoy me.

Why in the world?

oliveoil

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 6:14 pm
Why move somewhere where you can't live a functional life?

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 6:18 pm
I live in Lkwd and drive but I dont drive so far on highways. Maybe we're all chickens but many of my friends wouldnt drive that far alone. OP, I'm sorry about your friends predicament

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 6:21 pm
Is there a bus like NJ Transit? Doesn't the Bikur Cholim bus go to the hospitals?

SuperWify

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 6:24 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I thouhgt Bikur Cholim has drivers? I was thinking about doing this - have no idea who to call, but unfortunately I don't think I have time before Pesach Sad. Anyone know who takes care of this?

This! Call Bikur Chollim! If they don’t have a shuttle to the hospital they can give her numbers of rides perhaps.

Unfortunately, most people can’t drop from preparing for pesach and drive your friend an hour there and back especially in this weather...

I feel so bad for you ladies. I see you in stores, calling taxis or making bored husbands wait and you are pressured to rush.
Growing up it was so hard without public transportation. The day I got my lisence I felt the free-est (lol just made a new word) I ever felt. Lakewood really runs on private cars and it’s impossible for non-drivers.

Refua sheleimah! Poor baby!!

GreenEyes26

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 6:25 pm
Why can’t she take a taxi or Uber?

And what exactly would be a solution to this issue? Women volunteering their time to drive? Not sure what it is you want exactly.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 6:26 pm
Is there chesed in lakewood? like monsey, bp and willi have?

I want to add 2 things:
a) even people that drive often need rides to hospitals for various reasons
2) taking a car service/uber quickly add up when you multiply it x2 a day.
yes, driving a car, gas, insurance etc also costs a pretty penny. but yet by giving a ride to a hospitalized patients family member is a very big chesed and a huge help.
plus, lots of people drive into brooklyn daily from lakewood so why not help someone on the way?

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 6:29 pm
They might not be able to take an Uber because they don't have "smart phones"?
I know that in Boro Park there are women and men who volunteer to drive people to hospitals. Maybe the chassidish people in Lakewood should organize such an organization or maybe they can't because all the women in their chassidus who drive were kicked out of their mosdos?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 6:40 pm
I have benefitted from chesed drivers in the past. I had people driving me to visit my baby in the NICU (I was not allowed to drive for several weeks after the c section). I'm very grateful to the women who took the time from their day to do that. Chesed rides are a wonderful thing if you can do it. I'm not in Lakewood, sorry. I do hope you find someone to help her.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 6:47 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Why in the world?

Because people don’t like being other people’s “shabbos g-y”

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 6:49 pm
That being said, which hospital? I’ll see if I can help...

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 6:50 pm
amother wrote:

A woman's child had a severe burn this past shabbos and she has no way to get there. No bikur cholim or chai lifeline and no one was able to take her.

She only wants to visit her son. A 2.5 year old.

Why isn't she staying with him? The kid is alone?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics