Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Extra tofutti cream cheese

be good

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 8:02 pm
I bought 8oz of tofutti cream cheese for a recipe that called for 2oz of it. Now I have 6 oz left and would like to add it to something in my shabbos cooking. What can I use it for (preferably not dessert)? Thanks!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 8:12 pm
It makes amazing parve cream sauce. Sautee a bunch of mushroom that are chopped coarsely. Add the cream cheese and stir in some almond milk or soy milk. Whisk until smooth, and don't let it boil, you just want it at a good simmer. Season with fresh cracked pepper and some garlic salt. Serve over steamed veggies, or brown rice pasta.

If you want dairy, sautee the mushroom in butter, add fresh chopped garlic, add the cream cheese, and whisk with milk and heavy cream. Just before serving, stir in a half a cup or more of Parmesan cheese. Rich and decadent Alfredo sauce!

My famous "I can't believe it's not treif!" Beef Stroganoff: Pan fry beef strips or ground steak quality hamburger, add lots of onions and garlic, and sliced mushrooms. Add a mix of hot and sweet paprika, and the cream cheese (or Tofutti sour cream). If the sauce is too thick, add some soy milk. Stir well to warm through, and serve over wide egg noodles.

When I found Tofutti products in Israel, you have NO idea how happy it made me. As a BT, some of my fondest food memories had meat and dairy combined. I did a lot of research to figure out how to make kosher versions of my favorites. I'm still tweaking my meatless taco recipe - no way am I giving up real cheese for that!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics