Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Can this work?

lucy

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 9:55 pm
I just had a pineapple fruit bar _ FROZEN FRUIT (Rochel Leah stop laughing at me) & it was so good

Just wondering if I could make it myself with crushed canned pineapple & water?

Last edited by lucy on Mon, Aug 08 2005, 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

queen

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 10:12 pm
you're making me curious too!
(if anyone has recipes for the other flavors of frozfruit= bring them on please!)

miriam

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 10:30 pm
Go for it. I think you might need to add a bit of sugar. Make a small batch to begin with. You could even just pur it into a plastic disposable cup and put it in the freezer.

lucky

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 11:05 pm
I had some pinapple that was almost over-ripe, so I blended it and put it in the freezer. What can I add to it to make a fruit drink?(mitzi-uri?)

queenie

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 12:33 am
I got this great sorbet recipe from the kraft website

DISSOLVE contents of 1 tub or packet of lemonade Crystal Light Mix in 1-1/4 cups water. Add 1 bag of frozen strawberries (20 ounces)

POUR half of the Crystal Light mixture and half of the fruit into blender container; cover. Blend until smooth, stirring with spoon if necessary. Repeat with remaining fruit and liquid.

For an extra special look, cut 3 oranges in half. Using the tip of the vegetable peeler or small knife, scoop the pulp out of each orange half. Evenly divide granita into orange halves.

You can also try:

ruby red grapefruit with peaches
orange mix with raspberries
raspberrie mix with mix of fruits

it's delish!!! and almost no calories!!! This is a must for calorie watchers

princessmommy

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 7:31 am
My mom used to take a can of pineapples, freeze it, and then blend it right before dessert. It sounds like your fruit bar, and it is awesome. Another really good idea, I take yogurt(I use strawberry, but anythimg would work) and put it in popsicle holders. It is a GREAT lowfat summer treat with calcium!

queenie

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 9:46 am
I do stuff like that on pesach.

Tefila

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 10:12 am
Quote:
I do stuff like that on pesach.

Ditto Smile

lucy

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 11:31 pm
Well I'm going to try it out & let everyone know how it turns out.

Princessmommy: I actually always do that for my kids yogurt popsicles. Either just regular vanilla yogurt frozen, or sometimes I blend in a little orange juice & strawberries(I know it sounds gross but its actually amazing)

princessmommy

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 3:53 am
acyually- it sounds great. I bet peach would also be really good. You could take your pinneaple puree and put it in posicle holders. That sounds good!

shira

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 4:43 am
I have an AMAZING and EASY sorbet recipee. I make it every shabbos in the summer.

boil up 1 C of Sugar and 2 C of water (you want to boil it until the sugar dissolves and the water becomes a bit thicker than water but not as thick as syrup)

Then add 4 C of fruit juice (any fruit juice- or you can use real fruit and water- whichever you prefer)

AND FREEZE

When its frozen, take out of the freezer and let it thaw a bit.
Then process it- either on the knife blade or with mixer.

Its SO good!

lucky

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 7:12 am
This sorbet is what my kids call pesach ices. After proccessing, I refreeze it inn individual cups.

What juice can I add to pineapple puree to make a drink of it? (pinapple juice is just too pineappley)
I guess I should start experimenting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics