Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
If the amother feature were to glitch and expose your p....

happyone

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 8:35 am
I was thinking about this. If amother were to glitch for 24 hours, what would it expose? No real personal information yet you post just for anonymity as you are obsessed with privacy? personal family secrets? intimacy issues? Health issues you keep a secret? Mental health issues? Do you use amother to be nasty to other posters and IRL you try to portray yourself as nice and sweet?
Just wondering and thought it would be funny, not so funny and / or scary if some of these posts were exposed for a day.
Yael, great feature. Try and keep it safe! Smile

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 8:49 am
If it glitched and my threads and posts were all linked to my username then people would see that I publicly post support to other people and upbeat, inspirational ideas and funny comments... and I post virtually anything related to my personal pain anonymously. I always try to be kind regardless. My tone and personality do not change when I use amother vs. my screen name, although admittedly I do sometimes try to throw people off who might try to guess who I am by changing my writing style when I go undercover as amother.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 9:00 am
I'm sure my location would be obvious pretty fast. I usually respond to location based queries.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 9:03 am
people would probably be able to figure out who I am in real life and that I have mental illness... personal information like that but I try to be kind in my posts even as amother.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 9:05 am
People would realize how bad my marriage really is, something I prefer not to make public since I know quite a few people here IRL and don't need them knowing.

relish

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 9:08 am
So you think you are that intriguing that people would take the time to go digging? Especially erev pesach?

crust

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 9:13 am
You would find out that my oldest is not a girl and that I can go anonymous because

I am in the mood or

My reply will commit me to continue opening said thread and respond to subsequent questions but I don't have time.

octopus

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 9:14 am
relish wrote:
So you think you are that intriguing that people would take the time to go digging? Especially erev pesach?

There are people here that "try to connect the dots" between threads and they do this all the time and then ask, "are you the poster from the xyz thread?" So many yentas.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 9:14 am
relish wrote:

No. But some situations are unique enough that close friends and family WILL figure it out if they see my post, and even with some details changed they might question if it’s me, so as a precaution I change up my writing style.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 10:06 am
It would be sad because I post painful stuff about my life and even though I don't know anyone here in real life it's obvious that there are people here who try to figure out who posters are.

I'm not good at figuring out but there are people who are. And I would not want that.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 10:37 am
Probably my irl identity.
And then you'll know whom I wrote about. Like if I say a sister, or niece in a post, u might figure out who this is. And some of it is private information which I wouldn't share had it not been under amother.

You'll also see my private pains (don't we all have them?) Which I don't usually share. Other than here anon. Or with my dh/siblings or closest friends.
But mostly, you'll find a person just like you are. A person who just tries to do her best with the set of circumstances hashem gave her....

crust

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 10:44 am
octopus wrote:
There are people here that "try to connect the dots" between threads and they do this all the time and then ask, "are you the poster from the xyz thread?" So many yentas.

Thats very different than trying to figure out who someone is irl.

Sometimes a poster comes here to cry about a really sad situation, gets unequivocal advice to do abc and then they open a new thread with another detail AS IF it's a seperate issue.

I shouldn't take it personal but while I still do, it is very exhausting to give your heart to someone that really only wants to create drama.

crust

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 10:47 am
Tzutzie I love your post.
It sais a lot about your pesonality.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 10:48 am
First of all, I would stop posting. I write about personal issues, sometimes involving friends and family. I don't want, and sometimes it is inappropriate, to be sharing those things if people know who I am or can guess who I am talking about. I am also part of a group for frum "young" widows (not on imamother). I almost never post bc our names appear, and I find that for the most part, the people who do post keep it very impersonal, which to some degree defeats the purpose.
Do I have shameful, shocking secrets? No. But I don't necessarily want an unvetted cast of thousands knowing about my life.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 10:49 am
crust wrote:

I shouldn't take it personal but while I still do, it is very exhausting to give your heart to someone that really only wants to create drama.

I'm truly sad to hear that giving your heart is exhausting. Hugs.

Teomima

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 11:01 am
I'm open enough under my username that anyone who knows me in person probably knows exactly who I am. I use amother when I say things I feel I might be attacked for, like if it sounds controversial or the other commentators on a specific thread seem especially judgy.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 4:37 pm
I would have no choice but to wear a paper bag over my head for the rest of my life. Black Eye

crust

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 4:44 pm
amother wrote:
I'm truly sad to hear that giving your heart is exhausting. Hugs.

Talk about twisting words. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics