Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Bizarre social media trend
1  2  3  Next

giselle

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 6:58 am
What is with all these “love poems” about people’s children posted so passionately on social media next to a picture of said children? I don’t mean the typical photos people post of their children with a cute comment... this is a whole new level. I don’t want to point to any particular account, so I’ll just try to use my own creativity to illustrate my point.

(Photo of my children looking happier than anyone else’s children ever can or have)

This. Is. Life.
My loves. My reason for living.
My oxygen. My sustenance. My beating heart.
My innocence unbroken.
We cherish each other forever and ever.
And ever.
#laughter #love #perfecflife #literallycanteven #wokeuplikethis #bornlikethis
#canyoutellhowhappyweareyet

(I’m mostly referring to those with public profiles for the world to see, not a private account that is shared with family and friends.)

simba

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 7:00 am
#nothingispersonalanymore

rofa

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 7:06 am
All part of #mylifeisbetterthanyours

Dandelion1

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 7:08 am
#waituntiltheybecometeenagers

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 7:30 am
giselle wrote:

My innocence unbroken.

Did you see the video of her immaculate conception? It was posted in her IG stories.

giselle

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 7:31 am
amother wrote:
Did you see the video of her immaculate conception? It was posted in her IG stories.
Rolling Laughter
Hehe not sure if you’re serious
Rolling Laughter

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 8:52 am
#socialmediaisascam

Just yesterday she yelled at the happiest kid that keeps her heart beating for spilling milk on her kitchen floor.

She baked cookies herself but told her happiest kid on earth to pose for the picture. The comments she got were "you're the best mother" or "I love how hands on you are with your kids"

Don't fall for it! What you see in real life is real.

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 9:16 am
Agree! Look how the Turpin kids had cute pics of them posted. May their parents rot forever and then some..

rgr

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 9:22 am
#Writeawholesentanceandputahashtagbeforeit

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 9:23 am
It’s zexy to be a cool mom. And social media is all about showing off how zexy and cool you are...or not...

imasoftov

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 9:30 am
I find the threads here about social media trends I haven't run into fascinating because I don't run into any of these trends myself. And it's not like I'm not wasting time on social media when I'm not doing it here. Well on the one hand, my social media contacts are mostly from different sectors than the posters being discussed in this thread, and others like it. But then, if members here have friends who partake in this trend (or others), I'm surprised that I don't see that same trend here. Is there some sort of self-selection going on here, maybe the people who follow these trends don't join this site?

anonymrs

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 9:45 am
#fakebook

crust

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 9:53 am
rgr wrote:
#Writeawholesentanceand
putahashtagbeforeit

#anditsmucheasierbecauseyoudonthaveto
usethespacebarliketheytaughtyouinschool
howcool

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 9:54 am
imasoftov wrote:
I find the threads here about social media trends I haven't run into fascinating because I don't run into any of these trends myself. And it's not like I'm not wasting time on social media when I'm not doing it here. Well on the one hand, my social media contacts are mostly from different sectors than the posters being discussed in this thread, and others like it. But then, if members here have friends who partake in this trend (or others), I'm surprised that I don't see that same trend here. Is there some sort of self-selection going on here, maybe the people who follow these trends don't join this site?

Are you on instagram? Do you follow any 20-40 yr old women?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 9:59 am
I am so happy I have not seen any of this on my feed.

People who think this way are going to have a nervous breakdown the first time their kid shows any sign of having a separate identity. #enmeshment #helicoptermomfromhell

Children are not props, they are not tiny dogs that fit in your purse, and they are not the latest accessory. #itsnotallaboutyou

giselle

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 10:56 am
imasoftov wrote:

I think this site brings out a different side of people. This is where they can be real anonymously. If they showed off their lives here it wouldn’t mean anything bec no one would know who they are and then how would everyone know about their perfect life.

(Btw my life is perfect, I just don’t show it off on social media Wink #tooblessedtobestressed LOL )

Edited bec I accidentally put spaces in the hashtag LOL

Zehava

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 11:10 am
Lol it’s a good thing I don’t have Instagram then.
The loves of my life twist my kishkes out
#Icanteven

InnerMe

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 11:12 am
imasoftov wrote:

#anonymousbragsareworthless

InnerMe

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 11:15 am
giselle wrote:
I think this site brings out a different side of people. This is where they can be real anonymously. If they showed off their lives here it wouldn’t mean anything bec no one would know who they are and then how would everyone know about their perfect life.

(Btw my life is perfect, I just don’t show it off on social media Wink #tooblessedtobestressed LOL )

Edited bec I accidentally put spaces in the hashtag LOL

#thinlyveiledbrag LOL
#thisthreadisgreat

giselle

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 11:17 am
Forgot to add -
Dead. Literally.
#waitwhat
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics