Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Male singers

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 1:23 pm
How could I find someone male to sing a song I wrote so that I can share it without worrying about kol isha? (DH doesn't want me to share recordings of him singing, but he might be willing to sing it as a rough draft so another male singer could know what it should sound like.)

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 1:35 pm
Contact a singer via the email on the back of his album

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 1:41 pm
amother wrote:
How could I find someone male to sing a song I wrote so that I can share it without worrying about kol isha? (DH doesn't want me to share recordings of him singing, but he might be willing to sing it as a rough draft so another male singer could know what it should sound like.)

It probably depends on what type of sharing you have in mind.. Are you trying to make a basic recording to market it to singers or do you want a finished product to share with family and friends for personal enjoyment?

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 2:55 pm
I'm not planning to sell it, but I do want to share beyond family and friends.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 4:56 pm
I don’t know if you want to spend money but I think Ari Goldwag may do this type of thing
https://arigoldwag.com/contact/

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 5:39 pm
amother wrote:
I don’t know if you want to spend money but I think Ari Goldwag may do this type of thing
https://arigoldwag.com/contact/

How much do people charge for this kind of thing?

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 6:11 pm
amother wrote:
How much do people charge for this kind of thing?

That depends hugely on who you get, how complicated your song is, studio and music time (if whoever you get doesn’t have their own), how much of a perfectionist are you about the quality, range of harmonies and the list goes on. My DH also writes songs and records them occasionally (he sings) so I’m a little familiar.. A basic song with some harmony costs him about $400 just for studio time.
I thought of Ari Goldwag because I remembered he offers this idea if you contribute $500 to funding his music video- I don’t know if a new song will cost more but if he does everything for you for that amount it’s not a bad deal at all (if you like his voice and style).
https://arigoldwag.com/newalbum/

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 6:23 pm
amother wrote:
That depends hugely on who you get, how complicated your song is, studio and music time (if whoever you get doesn’t have their own), how much of a perfectionist are you about the quality, range of harmonies and the list goes on. My DH also writes songs and records them occasionally (he sings) so I’m a little familiar.. A basic song with some harmony costs him about $400 just for studio time.
I thought of Ari Goldwag because I remembered he offers this idea if you contribute $500 to funding his music video- I don’t know if a new song will cost more but if he does everything for you for that amount it’s not a bad deal at all (if you like his voice and style).
https://arigoldwag.com/newalbum/

Thanks for sharing what you know. I've been at this for a while (writing and recording) but I do it as a hobby and set up a very amateur home-studio (GarageBand with some extra plugins, a microphone, some other small equipment). I think my music sounds nice but it's not "professional" and that's not really my goal anyway. I just want it to be presentable and I want to share it. I very recently started being more brave about sharing my music with people (up until last year I hardly told anyone at all that I even had this hobby, I guess out of self-consciousness). I put up a song online that needs a private link to access (for kol isha reasons) so I could share it with women in a couple of facebook groups I'm in. My reason for wanting a recording sung by a man is just so I can share more widely, that's all.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 6:55 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for sharing what you know. I've been at this for a while (writing and recording) but I do it as a hobby and set up a very amateur home-studio (GarageBand with some extra plugins, a microphone, some other small equipment). I think my music sounds nice but it's not "professional" and that's not really my goal anyway. I just want it to be presentable and I want to share it. I very recently started being more brave about sharing my music with people (up until last year I hardly told anyone at all that I even had this hobby, I guess out of self-consciousness). I put up a song online that needs a private link to access (for kol isha reasons) so I could share it with women in a couple of facebook groups I'm in. My reason for wanting a recording sung by a man is just so I can share more widely, that's all.

Sounds familiar, my DH also does it as a hobby and is pretty self conscious about it but he did start sharing stuff with family and friends recently.
If you’re willing to spend a few bucks than you can try Ari Goldwag as I said or shop around for someone else- just don’t go too high profile or it will cost you a lot..
Or you can try thinking of someone in your family that sings nicely-BIL, nephew etc and go to a professional studio where the quality and mixing can make a huge difference in the sound. But then again your back to spending some money.
If you want to stick with your home studio for free then either think of a family member or ask DH to find some boy or bachur with a nice voice that will be probably be all excited to do it, even for free, but probably won’t have that professional sound.
Guess it all boils down to how good you want it to sound and how much you’re willing to spend, if anything.
One last warning- once you spend and get accustomed to a higher quality sound you will never be able to go the cheaper at home route again and will probably cringe at your older homemade recordings. Which means you may start spending more and more money- been there, can be addictive Music

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 7:04 pm
amother wrote:
Sounds familiar, my DH also does it as a hobby and is pretty self conscious about it but he did start sharing stuff with family and friends recently.
If you’re willing to spend a few bucks than you can try Ari Goldwag as I said or shop around for someone else- just don’t go too high profile or it will cost you a lot..
Or you can try thinking of someone in your family that sings nicely-BIL, nephew etc and go to a professional studio where the quality and mixing can make a huge difference in the sound. But then again your back to spending some money.
If you want to stick with your home studio for free then either think of a family member or ask DH to find some boy or bachur with a nice voice that will be probably be all excited to do it, even for free, but probably won’t have that professional sound.
Guess it all boils down to how good you want it to sound and how much you’re willing to spend, if anything.
One last warning- once you spend and get accustomed to a higher quality sound you will never be able to go the cheaper at home route again and will probably cringe at your older homemade recordings. Which means you may start spending more and more money- been there, can be addictive Music

Haha so true! It's so easy to start spending more and more on this hobby. I know I'll probably end up spending a bit more, and my strong preference is to spend it on something that can be used ongoing like a new program or plugin, instead of a one-time thing like studio time. Today I fell in love with the idea of buying an autotune program but the good ones are very costly. If I spend my money on anything big though, it's probably going to be that.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 7:16 pm
“Sounds good” (pun intended Smile
Good luck!!

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 11:20 am
why not just find a neighbor or friends husband with a good voice and do a recording. Also there are many teenagers who's voices are already past the squeaky stage who would love to do this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts