Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Hair and make up at weddings and photography

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 4:00 pm
Hi all- wanted to gather some info to make educated decisions-

For a wedding starting at 6 or 6:30- is it normal for the Malka's family to need to get to the hall at 10 am to get all the women's hair done? What do people do?

And do the earlier down women and teens just walk around the hall all done up for hours? And it's ok?

Have any sisters or mothers of the bride done their Sheitels at the sheitel mocher the before instead of at the hall in order to not have to be there too early bc of many other girls needing their hair done?

Any thoughts?

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 4:10 pm
We always do hard and makeup in the house, starting probably around 10. But then people could go do stuff, or relax on the couch, or go home if you live elsewhere (it's being done in the bride's house, so married siblings can go home take care of their family when they are done)... Whatever they want. I never thought about what people who do it at the hall do. But now that you brought it up, what in the world would people do all day at the hall?!

cnc

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 4:21 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
We always do hard and makeup in the house, starting probably around 10. But then people could go do stuff, or relax on the couch, or go home if you live elsewhere (it's being done in the bride's house, so married siblings can go home take care of their family when they are done)... Whatever they want. I never thought about what people who do it at the hall do. But now that you brought it up, what in the world would people do all day at the hall?!

We do it at the hall if it’s later in the day(starting at 12:30 or 1 etc)

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 4:26 pm
cnc wrote:
We do it at the hall if it’s later in the day(starting at 12:30 or 1 etc)

If you have a lot of people who need hair or makeup done, it needs to start early enough so we can get to the hall in time for pictures...

bsy

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 4:57 pm
We did it at the hall but came in shifts so we weren't all there at the same time. Sheitals were all done in advance.

tichellady

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 4:59 pm
Get more than one hair and make up person if there are many people who need hair and makeup done. Give everyone their time and have them be there for their time. People with more flexibility get there earlier, those with less get there later

lfab

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 8:07 pm
Sounds about right to me but alot depends on how many people need to be done. At my last sibling's wedding we started makeup at 9:30 in the morning and still needed more than 1 person to do makeup (2 people needed to use someone else) as there wasn't enough time for 1 person to do everyone. Hair was less of an issue since many were married women who all had wigs done before. Depending on the photographer you use they want the kallah there 3-4 hours before the wedding starts and the rest of her family there 45 minutes to an hour later.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics