Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Bizarre bracha of SN kids

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 8:08 am
Let me tell you about how I spent the morning. I needed to get DH's suits dry-cleaned for Pesach. Well I knew I had left it a bit late, but... I walked to 5 different dry cleaners, and the first four all said that they could not possibly do the job before Pesach. No chance. In the middle of it all I walked a further distance to a post office to pick up a parcel for DH. They are supposed to give it to me because I gave ID that I live at the same address. But they were saying that DH had to have authorised the ticket. DH had shown me on a website that this was not necessary, but standing in the PO I simply couldn't find it. I rang DH, couldn't get through. The clerk was rude and difficult and wouldn't budge. Eventually after I left DH called back and directed me to the correct web page, but by then I had walked quite a way towards the next dry cleaner to try.

Anyway, before I got to the 5th dry cleaners, I had a sudden, amazing revelation and I was immediately filled with pure joy about the whole situation.

I was simply walking around trying to pick up a parcel and get suits dry cleaned. I was NOT picking up one of my SN kids early because he had misbehaved. I was not attending another IEP meeting. I was not trying to find a therapist for a kid. I was not writing important emails about some terrible incident which has happened.

I was just doing normal mundane stuff. AND every step I walked for the dry cleaning, I was collecting Schar for cleaning for chametz. I was ECSTATIC !!! I had the biggest smile on my face!

And to cap it off, the 5th cleaner will have the suits ready in 24 hours.

Wow!

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 8:28 am
Your perspective is beautiful and inspiring! May you always have only mundane tasks!

Chag Kasher V'sameach!

animeme

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 8:31 am
I can relate. Hurray for the blessings of "normal" tzaros. And many blessings to you for recognizing them as such.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 8:37 am
Your post is similar to a nice piece written by Rebbetzin Chaya Tavin called "Chicken pox is normal ". You can find it online.

I want to point out another aspect of your story relating to our SN kids. You were struggling to do something that should have been simple (clean a suit) and you were trying to follow directions the way you understood them (pick up parcel with correct ID) - but your ideas just didn't fit into your environment. Our kids are the same way. Sometimes they put in so much effort and don't realize that the world just doesn't work the way they are thinking.
Your story was a good reminder to me that my ds is putting in as much effort as anyone else - he just doesn't understand what is expected of him. I will think of your story and try to be extra patient with him.

momnaturally

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 9:31 am
Op I love your post it just made me
smile too ! Very Happy

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 10:51 am
lol! That is so true!

on a different note, s/t being busy with our sn child/children will take away from the craziness of mundane stuff and it goes easier (no, not always!!).
I've had it both ways.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 11:46 am
amother wrote:
lol! That is so true!

on a different note, s/t being busy with our sn child/children will take away from the craziness of mundane stuff and it goes easier (no, not always!!).
I've had it both ways.

Thats what we are doing right now instead of being bz cooking cleaning finishing up last minute stuff we are hanging out in er not knowing whats going on with sn dc.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 2:29 pm
Beautiful, thank you for sharing. It reminds me of an experience I had yesterday.
I took my son to the doctor for a well-visit. When I got there, the nurse told me that the doctor was coming from a hospital round and might be a little late. I thought she meant 20-30 minutes, but I ended up waiting in the room for 2 hours before seeing the doctor. I was starting to feel frustrated when I realized that I was the fortunate one. I would much rather be the one in the waiting room for a well checkup than the one with a child in the hospital.

animeme

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 4:55 pm
amother wrote:
Thats what we are doing right now instead of being bz cooking cleaning finishing up last minute stuff we are hanging out in er not knowing whats going on with sn dc.

Wish I could hug you. May Hashem send you claroty and a workable plan for interventions.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Mar 29 2018, 1:04 am
Thanks everyone so much for the positive feedback. I found it cool that my color is Rose for this thread-- seeing the world (for a change) through rose colored glasses.

Thank you to those who pointed out about kids not fitting in, or rather the world not fitting in to a kid's view of it. And a big refuah shleima to the child who was in ER.

And thanks to the person who mentioned Chicken Pox are Normal . O found a link here

http://www.pirchei.co.il/specl.....2.htm

Thank you for all of the other replies.

Chag sameach!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics