Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
How to wreck a Benny's gefilte fish 🐟 roll 😊

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Mar 29 2018, 5:36 pm
1. Rarely buy it so you don't have a clue what you are doing
2. Think you are being organised so thaw it in the fridge
3. Discover this means you can no longer boil or bake it
4. Try to fry it. Try to roll it into balls. Get in a disgusting sticky mess. Try to make them flat so they'll cook easier.
5. Overheat olive oil.
6. Burn the outside of the patties black.
7. Decide to boil them as well to make sure they are cooked through.

Well if you eat them they will remove hunger but I wouldn't say they were delicious.

Luckily these were just for something for kids to eat on Friday rather than an actual yt meal.

Share your (not too depressing) disasters!

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Mar 29 2018, 6:43 pm
How NOT to polish silver:

Grab the leichter, grab a phone.

Drop the leichter.

Make your kids SWEAR they will never repeat the story their mother just told them about accidentally dropping (and denting) a beloved silver candelabra.

How did it get dented?

🤔

Why are u asking me?!? Why would I know? I was on the phone a whole time!

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 29 2018, 7:16 pm
Made falsha fish for my husband for the first time. It tastes disgusting. I don't know what I did wrong. It's dry and gross and it doesn't taste like fish or like chicken. I'm pretending it came out good. Because I'm not remaking it. I spent tons on the ground chicken.

babysmum

Post Thu, Mar 29 2018, 7:23 pm
You probably made it right. No matter how many versions I've tasted I've never felt that it's edible at all. But for some of the people around me this is their yearly treat.
I won't try to understand.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Mar 29 2018, 7:27 pm
amother wrote:
Made falsha fish for my husband for the first time. It tastes disgusting. I don't know what I did wrong. It's dry and gross and it doesn't taste like fish or like chicken. I'm pretending it came out good. Because I'm not remaking it. I spent tons on the ground chicken.

Just curious, did you add anything to the mixture? Ground Carrots? Seasoning? I made falshe fish one year and it actually came out amazing. It even looked exactly like fish.
Maybe make a sauce to go over it and serve it like meatloaf instead.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 29 2018, 7:52 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Just curious, did you add anything to the mixture? Ground Carrots? Seasoning? I made falshe fish one year and it actually came out amazing. It even looked exactly like fish.
Maybe make a sauce to go over it and serve it like meatloaf instead.

Ground chicken, mashed potato, eggs, salt, sugar, potato starch.
Boiled it in water, sugar, carrots and onion

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 29 2018, 8:04 pm
amother wrote:

Does this mean you tasted it already? Didnt know you need to taste them! I'll letting dh taste them for me by the suda. Very Happy hope they enable

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Mar 29 2018, 8:05 pm
amother wrote:
Ground chicken, mashed potato, eggs, salt, sugar, potato starch.
Boiled it in water, sugar, carrots and onion

That's disappointing. I made mine with ground carrots and eggs, salt, sugar and maybe some black pepper and maybe some potatoe starch, no potatoe. And I seasoned the water like I do gefilte fish, sugar, black pepper, salt, an onion and a carrot and it was great. ( I only made it that one time because we had a guest that didn't eat fish Pesach, and it was 10 yrs ago , but everyone loved it ).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics