Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
EMERGENCY! Recipe for salt water please?
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 12  13  14  Next

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 11:49 am
disclaimer as I have no energy to read through 6 pages of recipes

my tried & true recipe ... start grating your maror & tears will stream, collect & voila

crying never had so many meanings ~ cry cry cry to understand Crying

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 3:29 pm
I'll tell you what I did this year.
I, of course, buy everything from amazon.
I just did a search there for instant water:

Then instant salt:

Iy"h I'll update you how it came out.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 3:38 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
I'll tell you what I did this year.
I, of course, buy everything from amazon.
I just did a search there for instant water:

Then instant salt:

Iy"h I'll update you how it came out.

Don’t mean to rain on your parade, because these ARE AWESOME! Bit please please check with your lor if this is ok to use for the Seder. It may be against minhag avoisai of what was done in the midbar

Last edited by amother on Mon, Mar 22 2021, 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total

sub

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 3:39 pm
I made it safely to ירושלים. Did everyone get the overnight package with saltwater from yam hamelach? I also included some air and a piece of land.
Chag kasher vesameach to all.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 3:40 pm
greenfire wrote:

my tried & true recipe ... start grating your maror & tears will stream, collect & voila

Wow! what a brainstorm! This is like killing two birds at once! Now why didn’t I think of that? Banging head

Last edited by amother on Mon, Mar 22 2021, 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Amalia

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 5:12 pm
[quote="Jewishfoodie"]Guys! I found a sodium free salt! Its colorless, odorless, tasteless, (not so unlike my karpas)..and I cant really see it but its completely sodium free and Tanya approved too. I will admit I added a full cup of it to my distilled, chemical free, filtered spring water (H3O rather than H2O) and it didnt even change the flavorlessness. Highly recommend! Most stores are already sold out! If you live in Denver though...they have like 3 bottles left. Best. Saltwater. Ever![/

I am also so glad you are back, Jewishfoodie!

Amalia

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 5:14 pm
sneakermom wrote:
Actually the real salt water is tear water.

Any meltdown. Any pain. Any frustration.

If you feel the tears coming...

Run for the kosher l’pesach metal bowl and let your tears fall into the receptacle.

We collect tears all year. And Bh at the end of the year the bowl is full.

You don’t have to add or take anything away from it. It’s ready for dipping. As is.

Some people boil it for three minutes but min hadin it’s edible and kosher. Enjoy!

Not funny (unlike the rest of this thread), but so true, sneakermom. And beautiful, though sad, writing.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 5:23 pm
greenfire wrote:

Quote:
Mary Anne searched her purse for a Kleenex, but pulled out instead a teaspoon pirated from her mother's silver service. Crying gently, she held the spoon under her eyes carefully catching each tear, preserving their sad silver in the hollow of the spoon.

mazal555

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 6:42 pm
I boil water ahead once a month and freeze it to save time later. This way any time I make pasta or tea I have already boiled water ready.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 7:15 pm
mazal555 wrote:
I boil water ahead once a month and freeze it to save time later. This way any time I make pasta or tea I have already boiled water ready.

Same for showers?
I must say-I’m highly impressed with this genius group on ima. Makes me aspire to be one too Wink.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Mar 22 2021, 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total

aricelli

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 7:34 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Same for showers?
I must say-I’m highly impressed with this genius group on ima. Makes me aspire to be one too Wink.

The best thing I ever did was join this group- I never realized what inner depth I have. I impress me with my brilliance and just cannot get over myself (boiling water in advance though that is something that even I never thought of)

mazal555

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 9:42 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Same for showers?

Oh yeah, absolutely. I take 30 showers on mikva night so I don't have to shower all month. And then I definitely don't have a chatzitza

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 10:14 pm
aricelli wrote:
The best thing I ever did was join this group- I never realized what inner depth I have. I impress me with my brilliance and just cannot get over myself (boiling water in advance though that is something that even I never thought of)

See? You obviously already possessed that brilliance (so you joined) and you’re putting it to wonderful use here. Laugh

Last edited by amother on Mon, Mar 22 2021, 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 10:16 pm
mazal555 wrote:
Oh yeah, absolutely. I take 30 showers on mikva night so I don't have to shower all month. And then I definitely don't have a chatzitza

What do you do in all your spare time? Being already showered a month in advance & ready boiled water so you mamash never have to watch the kettle boil- so how do you occupy yourself?

mazal555

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 10:23 pm
[quote="gamzehyaavor"]What do you do in all your spare time? Being already showered a month in advance & ready boiled water so you mamash never have to watch the kettle boil- so how do you occupy yourself?[/quote

Cleaning

Also stuffing lentils with rice. I make mahshi smaller than anybody else. I also make microscopic kibbe.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 10:25 pm
[quote="mazal555"]
gamzehyaavor wrote:
What do you do in all your spare time? Being already showered a month in advance & ready boiled water so you mamash never have to watch the kettle boil- so how do you occupy yourself?[/quote

Cleaning

Also stuffing lentils with rice. I make mahshi smaller than anybody else. I also make microscopic kibbe.

Nah, I’ll take a nice warm bath over that anytime.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Mar 22 2021, 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total

mazal555

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 10:26 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:

LOL LOL LOL LOL

mazal555

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 10:27 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:

My husband would love to know what I do all day too.

At present I puke and try not to puke. And take care of my other kids of course.

aricelli

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 10:33 pm
[quote="mazal555"]
gamzehyaavor wrote:
What do you do in all your spare time? Being already showered a month in advance & ready boiled water so you mamash never have to watch the kettle boil- so how do you occupy yourself?[/quote

Cleaning

Youre getting your holidays confused. Isnt that purim where one does microscopic everything? Soon you’ll be giving your salt water for mishloach manos. I guess you didnt pay much attention to your bible studies in school. You really need to learn your religion better than that

giselle

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 10:38 pm
Please start a spin-off, as the very important message the OP is trying to bring across is getting lost in all this letzanus.
Page 7 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics