Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Broccoli Dip - Please help me recreate KLP

debsey

Post Fri, Mar 30 2018, 11:06 am
One of the stores in Lakewood makes a really yummy broccoli dip. The flavor of broccoli comes through strongly.

B"H, done cooking and slicing meats and now it's time to cook those few non-essentials. My first "essential non-essential" is dips!

Anyone have any idea of how to make/invent broccoli dip? I'm guessing sautee frozen broccoli and onions, but what else to put in?

I made olive dip - grind olives in food processor. Add mayo till preferred consistency.

I made roasted garlic dip. Roast garlic. grind in food processor. Add mayo till preferred consistency.

tichellady

Post Fri, Mar 30 2018, 11:56 am
I really can’t imagine a brocolli dip that would taste good, and I like brocolli! Now, I wish I could taste it

giselle

Post Fri, Mar 30 2018, 12:11 pm
Food processor, mayo as preferred, lemon, garlic, salt, pepper. A little balsamic if you like.

debsey

Post Fri, Mar 30 2018, 12:18 pm
tichellady wrote:
I really can’t imagine a brocolli dip that would taste good, and I like brocolli! Now, I wish I could taste it

The thing is, I have a feeling they use mustard in the dip, and KLP mustard is basically toxic waste in terms of how it tastes and looks. NOT putting it in a dip.

I DK how they make it. It tastes so strongly of broccoli, but it can't be just broccoli and mayo. That sounds gross. There's gotta be some trick.

giselle

Post Fri, Mar 30 2018, 12:19 pm
There’s imitation mustard. Not bad esp in a recipe. They usually have ingredient on these dips but I guess it’s too late for that. I was actually going to suggest mustard in my made up recipe above.

tichellady

Post Fri, Mar 30 2018, 12:21 pm
Maybe add walnuts and roasted garlic or carmelized onions

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 30 2018, 12:29 pm
I'd also add some garlic and horseradish. They probably season it with salt *and* sugar.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics