Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
How do u dress ur kids on chol hamoed? F
Previous  1  2  3  Next

happyfaces

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 11:27 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Safer?? shock

Yes safer. Last chol hamoed I saw a child that was lost we were able to spot the family becuse of the matching clothing.

happyfaces

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 11:29 am
Op why can't they wear it on weekdays. My kids certainty do. They wear it on sukkas, chananka, pesach, and throughout the year (usually on Sundays, cuz its there nice outfit)

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 11:38 am
zebra111 wrote:
Im fascinated by these families wandering around yeushalayim where the kids 0-18 all wear the same matching outfits. These clothes seem too casual for shabbat and too fancy for day to day wear. So..when do these clothes get worn again? Do 4/5 new sets of matching clothes get bought every chag? When a new baby is born/ an older child grows out of matching set, what happens to the siblings' outfits?!?!
Can anyone enlighten me?

What 18 year old wants to wear the same outfit as his/her baby brother/sister?

happyfaces

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 11:47 am
SixOfWands wrote:

I wouldn't dress a 18yo matching. Up to age 12-13.

Zehava

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 11:52 am
SixOfWands wrote:

A nice knit sweater? Why not

BetsyTacy

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 11:57 am
I would think an 18 year old would want to match her 2 year old sister about as much as she would want to wear matching outfits with her mother.

cnc

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 12:33 pm
Zehava wrote:

I can’t imagine any eighteen year old agreeing to that especially considering that in those circles they’re often in shidduchim.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 12:55 pm
Zehava wrote:

Because an 18 year old is a teenager who should be dressed like a teen or adult, and 4 year old is a little kid who should be dressed like a little kid.

Do you frequently dress the same as your toddlers?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 1:02 pm
I love when people insist on matching their kids and then get rid of the whole set of different sizes when one kid grows out of it, because I get all that used stuff for my own kids. My SIL knows someone wealthy that has this mishagas and she has ka"h a lot of kids. So there is lots of clothes to go around, my sister, my brother and I all get to share the booty and the stuff is practically brand new sometimes 😉

Stars

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 1:06 pm
Zehava wrote:

Because It's really weird. I know someone who forces her teens to match with her babies. Her kids hate her.

👎

unexpected

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 1:26 pm
My boys dress shabbasdig on Chol Hamoed. My girls (ages 2-12) match. In general my girls in uniform own 2 weekday outfits, my girls in preschool have 4-5 per season. Chol Hamoed is the inbetween so we’ll wear a more casual winter Shabbos dress or dressier winter weekday clothes as well as the brand new spring clothes that need to get worn before Sefira anyway. Yes, they all match. No it’s not wasteful- After Pesach this year I’m finally getting rid of their winter Shabbos outfits that they wore for 3 winters already! First yr it was a little big, second yr it was a little short, third year it was passed down and oldest got co-ordinating new one. Because the new one is still in good condition, I will take the collar off it after Yom Tov and add it to the collection of nicer weekday stuff- for next Chol Hamoed and when I need to buy new I will work around it.
I did not grow up like this but I happen to love it. It’s def easier than having to deal with “Ma what should I wear today”. None of my kids complain about it but I’d imagine that if they did I would let them wear what they want as long as they leave me out of it. Also, it helps that my oldest girl does all the shopping with me. She loves matching btw, and would be disappointed if I told her she was too old for it.

mha3484

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 1:29 pm
My oldest already has to wear dark pants to school and his weekday shirts are not super casual looking so he will wear regular week day clothing. The younger kids will wear nicer weekday stuff.

Zehava

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 2:49 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Because an 18 year old is a teenager who should be dressed like a teen or adult, and 4 year old is a little kid who should be dressed like a little kid.

Do you frequently dress the same as your toddlers?

No but like a mentioned gap has these collections and I saw a couple women on the street wearing the same sweater as my kids.

Zehava

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 2:55 pm
Stars wrote:
Because It's really weird. I know someone who forces her teens to match with her babies. Her kids hate her.

👎

I wouldn’t force an 18 year old to wear anything. It’s hard enough with my six year old. But I didn’t mind wearing a matching sweater to my little siblings when I was a teen.

cnc

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 4:11 pm
Zehava wrote:
No but like a mentioned gap has these collections and I saw a couple women on the street wearing the same sweater as my kids.

I saw a 30 year old woman matching her four and six year old daughters. (gap striped collection). It was bizarre. There was nothing wrong with the dresses themselves,I just wouldn't wear them at the same time as my girls.

pizzapie

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 4:23 pm
I can't wrap my brain around matching clothes for multiple siblings either. My kids wear whatever non uniform clothes they happen to own. I find this year harder because there are so many non school days and since my girls wear uniform during the school year their clothing selection is limited, meaning lots of laundry.

happy12

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 4:48 pm
Yup. They matched. White shirts and black pants. From age 15-23

WastingTime

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 5:27 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Safer?? shock

She meant
It's a savior
Or
It's safer

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 3:12 am
Stars wrote:

👎

So would I.

Shuly

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 5:23 am
I think it looks really strange when people match boys and girls in the same shirt.

Coordinating clothing and similar colors are fine but please don't put a boy's polo shirt on a girl or a girl's sweater on a boy! I've seen both and it looks so strange.

I also think that once kids turn 11, they should not match kids under age 7.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics