Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Are there many pigeons in Athens,Greece?

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 01 2018, 9:17 pm
Someone I know is thinking of going there but she is scared of pigeons so she is wondering if there are a lot of pigeons there

happyone

Post Sun, Apr 01 2018, 9:29 pm
No clue. But she should stay away from Brooklyn as there are just about as many pigeons as people.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 2:08 am
happyone wrote:
No clue. But she should stay away from Brooklyn as there are just about as many pigeons as people.

That’s true

Teomima

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 4:08 am
If I recall correctly, there were a decent amount of pigeons at the large public squares, but not a lot along the regular streets or attractions. Athens is definitely worth a visit, one of the best trips I've ever taken (and, interestingly enough, it's very reminiscent of Israel. The landscape around the city like a lot like the Judean hills, the juxtaposition of ancient and modern within Athens is just like Jerusalem, and the city itself is very similar to Tel Aviv).

One thing more memorable than the pigeons are the dogs. There are large yet perfectly calm dogs just laying around in the public squares. Nothing, though, for someone to be afraid of, even those with a fear of dogs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics