Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is it ok to wait one more day?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 9:55 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Hatzolah won't be able to help since my destination doesn't have a Hatzolah in that area . So they wouldn't go all the way there. If I were going home to Monsey that wouldn be a much bigger possibility .

Do yoi have friends in Monsey that can have you, dh and ds, in case you're discharged on YT?

Edited to fix incorrect autocorrect.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 9:57 am
cnc wrote:
When I was in a similar situation recently on Shabbos , I was convinced that I would have to just stay put at the hospital over Shabbos. But I was told that I can absolutely take an Uber home. I ended up being discharged before Shabbos but got home a few minutes after Shabbos started.

Can you download the Uber, Juno or Lyft app? Try setting up a ride from Westchester to your in laws to confirm that the car service will go there. (Ask you Rav to confirm that this plan is okay).
If not, do you have anyone back home like a friend or neighbor that would be willing to host you?

My home was sold in the chometz. All my relatives went out of state for Yom Tov or to diff. Cities. The only one that is home had major surgery on Erev Yom Tov and is a cholah herself with people cooking for her and taking care of her family. My DH slept in her house last night. But I can't come there with a sick child it just doesn't seem like a choice. I have nobody else unless it's strangers which I REALLy wouldn't feel comfortable about.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 9:57 am
Call New York hatzala main number and ask them to help you. They will never turn you down I know some very special people there. Do it, you be glad. Westchester is in ny. So any hatzala that's in New York can help you. They all keep in touch. Give them a,chance to help them figure out a way to help you

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 9:58 am
ra_mom wrote:
Do yoi have friends in Monsey that can have you, dh and ds, in case you're discarded on YT?

Discharged

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 9:59 am
When I went home from the hospital on Rosh Hashana with an injured child, I was told to have the medical staff call a taxi etc. They were totally fine with it.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:01 am
amother wrote:
I think you could ask a nurse to call uber for you. Prepare all information before. Ask uber to give you a female driver. You feel calmer. They take people all over so no worries. Please call a rav how to go about this. Even if your discharged b4 you tov. I know a friend that was also in hospital with her child and discharged on you tov. Hatzala took care of the call for her. Call westcester hatzala and see if they can help.

I don't think Westchester has a Hatzolah. Does anyone know?

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:01 am
There must be hatzala in upstate ny!

I know this piece is unimportant but what makes you think hatzala is not up,there?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:06 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I don't think Westchester has a Hatzolah. Does anyone know?

There's a Riverdale branch under the main hatzalah. I couldn't figure out if Westchester has their own hatzalah from my Google search, but it's a possibility. In any case, Riverdale is near Westchester.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:06 am
amother wrote:

I know this piece is unimportant but what makes you think hatzala is not up,there?

My own brother is a Hatzolah member and is a member there in the summer and he is there as the emergency attendee at a Pesach Hotel because there is no active Hatzolah there during the year. At least not in the town or city where my inlaws are .

cnc

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:08 am
amother wrote:

I’m not sure where exactly upstate she is referring to but I can think of several hatzalahs offhand that are upstate. Maybe one of them can help.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:08 am
My guess is you would call monsey/rock land county hatzala. It's not far from there.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:09 am
thunderstorm wrote:
My home was sold in the chometz. All my relatives went out of state for Yom Tov or to diff. Cities. The only one that is home had major surgery on Erev Yom Tov and is a cholah herself with people cooking for her and taking care of her family. My DH slept in her house last night. But I can't come there with a sick child it just doesn't seem like a choice. I have nobody else unless it's strangers which I REALLy wouldn't feel comfortable about.

Is your home a closer option? If so, speak to a Rav. Your house wasn't sold, only the chametz inside it was sold. There may be ways to stay there anyway under the circumstances.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:09 am
thunderstorm wrote:
My own brother is a Hatzolah member and is a member there in the summer and he is there as the emergency attendee at a Pesach Hotel because there is no active Hatzolah there during the year. At least not in the town or city where my inlaws are .

Catskills hatzalah is open year round even though their team expands exponentially over the 2 summer months.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:10 am
Ahhh your brother can help you more then us. He knows a lot more then I do. Perhaps he can guide you

cnc

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:17 am
ra_mom wrote:
Catskills hatzalah is open year round even though their team expands exponentially over the 2 summer months.

This. There is Monroe Hatzalah as well. Even if your in laws are a little out of Fallsburg etc... they may be able to help you . Did you meet the frum liaison at the hospital? He may able to help you and brainstorm.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:32 am
ra_mom wrote:
There's a Riverdale branch under the main hatzalah.

OK. I will check with my brother then if he know she if this is even a possibility. He is a Hatzolah member for multiple areas and would know.
They don't have frum members doing these rides. They usually have non Jewish people drive the ambulances back from the hospital after they drop someone off. It's not like they come in very often.
Uber would be $130. How would I pay it on Ym?

cnc

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:37 am
thunderstorm wrote:
OK. I will check with my brother then if he know she if this is even a possibility. He is a Hatzolah member for multiple areas and would know.
They don't have frum members doing these rides. They usually have non Jewish people drive the ambulances back from the hospital after they drop someone off. It's not like they come in very often.

You need to input your CC or PayPal information when you set up your account(before Yom Tov). Your card is charged automatically a few hours after your ride is completed.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:39 am
cnc wrote:
You need to input your CC or PayPal information when you set up your account(before Yom Tov). Your card is charged automatically a few hours after your ride is completed.

Ok. Thanks. So if I would give a nurse my phone with the pre set app, that would work?

cnc

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:44 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Ok. Thanks. So if I would give a nurse my phone with the pre set app, that would work?

Yes.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:46 am
thunderstorm wrote:

I just realized that Mount Kisco is even closer to Westchester than Riverdale. Call your regular hatzalah number and ask them for the number.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics