Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Sanguine's A"H Pesach brownies

grace413

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 2:30 am
I'm reposting the recipe Sanguine A"H gave us for Pesach brownies. They are yum. If you make them, please have in mind that her neshama should have an aliyah.

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 7:05 am
Everyone makes potato starch brownies on Pesach. I've always loved them but you basically had to eat them right out of the pan with a spoon - Yummy but Mushy.

A few years ago I came across the standard recipe but something was different. It holds together!! You can cut real squares. I've even made double - pan (17 x 11) and it solidifies for serving a crowd

I'm posting the recipe here - I know, you have it, but do yours cut nicely?

Pesach brownies you can cut

1 C. Oil
4 eggs
1 3/4 C. Sugar
3/4 C. Potato Starch
3/4 C. Cocoa
1 pkg vanilla sugar
(optional - throw in some chocolate chips)

Mix and bake at 350 (or a little hotter depending on how your oven works) for half an hour (or more) - Usually much more than half an hour. Touch the cake in the middle to see if solid or test with toothpick - may be a lot more time. Don't be afraid to let it keep baking till you're sure it's solid

I use a foil pan which is actually 8 1/2 x 10 1/2 if you measure the very bottom of the pan (the top is much bigger and they call them 9 x12 but the bottom will give you the size I'm talking about

ETA - clarriffying

Last edited by Sanguine on Tue, Mar 31 2015, 7:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Recipe Like Post 9

miriamfraa

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 2:40 am
Thanks! I hope to have time to try it!

etky

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 3:00 am
grace413 wrote:
I'm reposting the recipe Sanguine A"H gave us for Pesach brownies. They are yum. If you make them, please have in mind that her neshama should have an aliyah.

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 7:05 am
Everyone makes potato starch brownies on Pesach. I've always loved them but you basically had to eat them right out of the pan with a spoon - Yummy but Mushy.

A few years ago I came across the standard recipe but something was different. It holds together!! You can cut real squares. I've even made double - pan (17 x 11) and it solidifies for serving a crowd

I'm posting the recipe here - I know, you have it, but do yours cut nicely?

Pesach brownies you can cut

1 C. Oil
4 eggs
1 3/4 C. Sugar
3/4 C. Potato Starch
3/4 C. Cocoa
1 pkg vanilla sugar
(optional - throw in some chocolate chips)

Mix and bake at 350 (or a little hotter depending on how your oven works) for half an hour (or more) - Usually much more than half an hour. Touch the cake in the middle to see if solid or test with toothpick - may be a lot more time. Don't be afraid to let it keep baking till you're sure it's solid

I use a foil pan which is actually 8 1/2 x 10 1/2 if you measure the very bottom of the pan (the top is much bigger and they call them 9 x12 but the bottom will give you the size I'm talking about

ETA - clarriffying

Last edited by Sanguine on Tue, Mar 31 2015, 7:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Recipe Like Post 9

I've also been thinking of Sanguine and her signature Pesach brownies, and of her family who are celebrating their first Pesach without her.
It was such a nice idea to repost her recipe.

noosheen

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 5:42 am
Are they good?
Never made them...

Do u put any icing on them ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics