Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
ISO Large pale pink leather bag

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 1:07 pm
I’ve gotten it into my head that I should really have one of these. Not sure if I can afford Coach, Michael Kors or the like, but I would still like something that is good quality and will last. Preferably large enough to fit a water bottle. Suggestions?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 1:13 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
I’ve gotten it into my head that I should really have one of these. Not sure if I can afford Coach, Michael Kors or the like, but I would still like something that is good quality and will last. Preferably large enough to fit a water bottle. Suggestions?

Have you checked TJ Maxx or Marshalls? They tend to have a selection of different types and colors

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 1:42 pm
Not real leather, but super cute and cheap. You can replace it if it goes after a few seasons.
https://www.aldoshoes.com/us/e.....2UCLg

Love this one, also fake leather
https://m.macys.com/shop/produ.....D_BwE

This one's Kate spade, $199, and beyond beautiful!
https://www.gilt.com/brand/kat.....aw.ds

Also Kate spade. Chic and feminine, $245

https://m.6pm.com/product/8973.....110:s

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 3:10 pm
Thanks for the suggestions - I’ll check them out. Half the fun is window shopping Smile

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 3:28 pm
AliExpress

Fox

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 8:06 pm
I think a pale pink handbag is a great idea. It's the kind of piece that will never truly go out of style -- you can always pair it with grey, navy, black, or whatever.

The other thing I like about it is that it can work throughout the year, looking crisp and wintery with a grey wool coat and summery with a skirt and top. I am 100 percent guilty of being too lazy to swap out my handbags in the summer, which means I carry the same black Epi Speedy all year, which just makes me look like an especially handbag-conscious member of the Association of Italian Widows.

As far as recommendations, I'd suggest checking out the secondary market. I always buy handbags on the secondary market -- the last really nice handbag I got new was given to me in 1983 or so. It's a great opportunity to get a bag you wouldn't be able to otherwise afford, and if you use a reputable dealer, it's completely safe and legitimate. I've also sold stuff that I found I wasn't using as much as I'd anticipated.

My own favorite is TheRealReal. Other good ones are Yoogi's Closet and FashionPhile.

Here are a couple of ideas from TheRealReal, none over $100-$125 or so after discounts.

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 5:21 pm
Thanks so much for the advice, ladies. I realised today that I should act fast to buy something before the sefirah restrictions, plus BH I had some birthday money in cash that I wanted to use so it wouldn’t hurt so much on the credit card.

So I went to the local consignment store today and bought this (authentic as far as I can say) Coach bag:

I thought I wanted a pale pink bag but they didn’t have any in the shade I wanted, more of a nude, peachy pink. And I found I liked this cream one more than the pink ones available.

I’m just happy to have something in my hands and love how it looks when I wear it. Plus also happy that I got it at a good discount ($79.99) and spent within my limits (although much more than I’ve ever spent on a bag before). It’s giving a lot of simcha this Chol Hamoe’d Smile thanks once again for the suggestions.

Last edited by daagahminayin on Wed, Apr 04 2018, 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 5:26 pm
I'm so happy for you daagahminayin! Enjoy it in good health.

Fox

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 5:26 pm
Perfect! Enjoy!

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 5:27 pm
Thanks ra_mom! You always have something nice to say Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics