Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Any Imamothers in healthcare?
Previous  1  2  3  4

msym

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 8:02 pm
im an RN too. however im not currently working -Im probobly the only one of the RNs here that dislike the proffesion(or at least my experience as one!)

heffer569

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 8:35 pm
I am in the administrative part of the Health Care world as well as being brought up in a family of Dr's. Both my parents are Dr's, 2 of my grandparents 2 brothers are in residency and one sister is in med school. When I decided to go for my MBA in health care management and also get my Law degree my dad was sooo mad he thought all his kids would be docs but I have no interest in science I hate it. As for dropping out dont do it. If G-d forbid something would happen to your Dh and he couldn't provide for your family what would you do. At the very least finish your training this way If you ever need to you can go to work and make good money.

frumnurse

Post Fri, Jun 20 2008, 6:18 pm
Wow! I must give you so much credit for having done so much until now! I went to nursing school with 1 child and another on the way and thought that was the most difficult thing in the world. I have been a nurse now for close to 5 years and all I can say is that it was one of the best decisions in my life- to go back to school and become a nurse. As my children get older and the expenses in life keep on rising ( house, tuition etc) I look back at my decision and am so glad that I made that career change and now have less financial pressure than some of my friends who are teachers ( I used to teach). Don't give up! You will be so grateful years down the road that you have done this. Also I know your kids are young but trust me they will not remember you being away that many hours and before you know it your program will be over and life will get much easier. Good Luck with everything!!!!

amother

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 1:32 pm
dh is halfway through his residency so although its not me I think I can give you some good advice.
first, hang in there- it is soooo worth it. I see a lot of our friends who are finishing now or have finished recently. they are glad they stuck it out! it does get easier, once you are an attending or working in private practice your hours can be much much better, the money obviously is too!
second, maybe its a matter of which field you have chosen. I'm not sure what you are doing but I noticed a huge change in my dh once he started his residency in an easy field. he is much more relaxed than he was during those grueling surgery months and we have a lot more time together and with the family.
(I can't say what he choose on this board b/c it will identify me but let me know if you want to chat and we will work something out)

bobbe

Post Fri, Jul 04 2008, 8:58 am
Is there going to be a separate form for health care workers in the end? I'm a new RN, ex-doula, ex-wannabe midwife (too many unemployed ones, and the demands of the job are too much for my family situation). Just from my school and clinical experience I've seen that there are definitely issues that would be better spoken about out of view of the general public.

iriska_meller

Post Fri, Jul 04 2008, 9:49 am
I second that, dear moderators, a separate rn/md/pa/hospital employees forum would be great

ss321

Post Fri, Jul 04 2008, 1:23 pm
iriska_meller wrote:
I second that, dear moderators, a separate rn/md/pa/hospital employees forum would be great

I "third" it!!!
mods? ?
please?

ChutzPAh

Post Fri, Jul 04 2008, 1:47 pm
Count me in. Perhaps I will volunteer to moderate it. Hmm...I'll think about it. SS321, wanna go in with me?

ss321

Post Fri, Jul 04 2008, 1:54 pm
ChutzPAh wrote:
Count me in. Perhaps I will volunteer to moderate it. Hmm...I'll think about it. SS321, wanna go in with me?

actually, now that I think about it, sure. IM DONE FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR Smile Yup, I finished my last rotation tomorrow and I am officially taking a year off for the baby Smile
Im gonna have alot of spare x onmy hands!!

ChutzPAh

Post Fri, Jul 04 2008, 1:58 pm
taking off 4th year?

ss321

Post Fri, Jul 04 2008, 4:59 pm
ChutzPAh wrote:
taking off 4th year?

yup. 75% done....

ihyphenated

Post Sun, Jul 13 2008, 12:20 am
I work as a researcher- developing new drugs at a pharmaceutical company.
is that medical for the purposes of this forum?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics