Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Why was there no sugar free non kitniyus gum this year?
Previous  1  2

BetsyTacy

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 7:11 am
Was still hoping against hope that must non-kitniyos had just not arrived yet. If Brooklyn doesn't have it, then there is no hope for the rest of us!

EmpireState

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 12:49 pm
So I just found Must gum Non-kitniyot in Fairway (Westbury, LI), ironically in the regular kosher aisle, not the KFP aisle. It’s fruit flavored (not my favorite to say the least) but I guess better than nothing. All the mint flavored ones are kityniyot.

Metukah

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 12:56 pm
EmpireState wrote:
So I just found Must gum Non-kitniyot in Fairway (Westbury, LI), ironically in the regular kosher aisle, not the KFP aisle. It’s fruit flavored (not my favorite to say the least) but I guess better than nothing. All the mint flavored ones are kityniyot.

You have to be careful with sugar free items. Israeli rabbanut certifies some sweeteners as non kitniot (kitniot shenishtanu) but most authorities don't agree. Eg Israeli diet coke is klp, according to rabbanut non kitniot but according to most authorities, including London Beth din and I believe ou, it is kitniot.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 12:57 pm
EmpireState wrote:

Nowhere to be found in Brooklyn.

iyar

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 1:01 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Nowhere to be found in Brooklyn.

No gum? Again?
Can't Believe It

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 1:02 pm
iyar wrote:
No gum? Again?
Can't Believe It

Only teeth killing Bazooka. I think it's the third year.

EmpireState

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 1:21 pm
Metukah wrote:
You have to be careful with sugar free items. Israeli rabbanut certifies some sweeteners as non kitniot (kitniot shenishtanu) but most authorities don't agree. Eg Israeli diet coke is klp, according to rabbanut non kitniot but according to most authorities, including London Beth din and I believe ou, it is kitniot.

This particular gum was certified by the OU.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics