Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
If you’re gluten intolerant, would you stock up?

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 12:58 am
I’m wondering if the pesach baked goods are cheaper after yomtov, and if it’s a good idea to stock up on those if I’m gluten intolerant. Don’t they have chemicals and preservatives? How else would they have such a long shelf life? Anyone?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 1:08 am
They usually are cheaper after Yom Tov, by how much depends on your area.

I personally would stock up, but keep in mind that they are not healthy by any stretch of the imagination, though they do make good treats.

It may be a better use of your time and money to peruse Pesach recipes and find some that look easy and appealing enough for you to make on a regular basis.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 1:15 am
amother wrote:
They usually are cheaper after Yom Tov, by how much depends on your area.

I personally would stock up, but keep in mind that they are not healthy by any stretch of the imagination, though they do make good treats.

It may be a better use of your time and money to peruse Pesach recipes and find some that look easy and appealing enough for you to make on a regular basis.

Oh I do bake my own gluten free stuff throughout the year, besides for the regular baking for my kids. But I thought it’s good to have some handy. Almond flour can be really expensive but Honestly it’s better than potato starch!

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 1:30 am
Only if I really like how it tastes

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 8:46 am
I'm not GF and not a fan of Pesach products (they really aren't healthy) but I do know that yes, a lot of my GF friends do stock up after pesach. I even know someone who runs a GF gemach and the weeks following Pesach are when she stocks up for the gemach.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 8:49 am
No bec there are so many much healthier gf options available during the year.

Also a lot of stores send back the Pesach items to the companies instead of selling at a cheaper price.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 8:58 am
If you're going to buy anyway, you might as well get a bargain: Fairway on Ralph Ave has all Pesach cakes and cookies at 75% off.
Not much left,but still.

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 10:42 am
The best GF products usually have kitnius. I would not go crazy buying pesachdig food.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics