Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Still ISO Daycamp for my 5YO daughter-Monsey
1  2  Next

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 2:39 am
Still on the hunt for a daycamp. Tennoke, camp 613, BeezyBee those were all out of my league as it’s very expensive. Does anyone know of a cheaper place in the Airmont/Chsetnut ridge area that will still accept? Someone recommend Camp Ora which is a division of camp fun but I couldn’t find any info on that place.
If Anyone can help I would appreciate. TIA

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 10:37 am
BUMP
Anyone??

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 10:52 am
Is your DD currently in Pre1a? There are plenty of backyard daycamps in Monsey. Most don't advertise. They are cheap but have short hours. 9:45-2:45.
There are plenty in Chestnut Ridge. Ask your neighbors.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 11:41 am
How about Camp Shira or Camp Rena? Both are supposed to be cheaper than the other camps - they are a step above backyard camps really. Or Camp Smiley also.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 1:37 pm
If you want cheap you should do backyard day camp. Also your being particular about location; that’s another reason to stick with them.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 1:52 pm
I sent to shira last year and sending to rina thia year both 1000 to 1100 a summer. Dr is also 5

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 2:44 pm
amother wrote:
How about Camp Shira or Camp Rena? Both are supposed to be cheaper than the other camps - they are a step above backyard camps really. Or Camp Smiley also.

Both my daughters were in camp smily last year and I had the worst experience ever. I do t recommend anyone to send there. The kids used a John 2 go for the bathroom and most of the projects were done by the counselors.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 2:45 pm
amother wrote:

I heard of camp shira but thought maybe it’s too yeshivish for me. Can you please give me contact info for Rena, is it similar to shira ? TIA

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 2:46 pm
amother wrote:
I sent to shira last year and sending to rina thia year both 1000 to 1100 a summer. Dr is also 5

How did you like shira and where is Rina located?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 2:55 pm
amother wrote:
I heard of camp shira but thought maybe it’s too yeshivish for me. Can you please give me contact info for Rena, is it similar to shira ? TIA

Camp shira is not that yeshivish. They have kids wearing short sleeves and no real dress code if youre under bat mitzvah. Which I liked. Very chilled

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 4:23 pm
amother wrote:
How did you like shira and where is Rina located?

I liked shira a lot. The kids came home really happy each day. Her friends are going to rina so I am sending there this year. Rina is in ysv girls. Also supposed to be a great camp.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 11:16 pm
amother wrote:
I liked shira a lot. The kids came home really happy each day. Her friends are going to rina so I am sending there this year. Rina is in ysv girls. Also supposed to be a great camp.

Can you please give me contact information for Rina, do they have website?

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 11:25 pm
amother wrote:
Both my daughters were in camp smily last year and I had the worst experience ever. I do t recommend anyone to send there. The kids used a John 2 go for the bathroom and most of the projects were done by the counselors.
Idea

DD was in camp smiley last yr as well.
Agreeable the projects looked too perfect for her to have done them.
I didnt know about outdoor bathrooms?
Overall my daughter was very happy there, run well, good activities, all activities come to them, water slides (No pool bh) safe, much more professionally run backyard camp.

What I didnt like- she wouldn't let me come observe my daughter, nor ber therapist. she doesn't want ppl visiting so to speak. She said it disorients the counselors and kids...
The kids are little and there needs to be more transparicy. She is very secretive and controlling about what goes on behind the gate.
I dont suspect anything bad, but I Definetly did not have a whole picture of what camp was like.
Lots of staff, good ratio per kids. She does a great shiur/circle time.
DD felt and appreciated the structure and great planned schedule

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 11:49 pm
amother wrote:
Idea
She is very secretive and controlling about what goes on behind the gate.
I dont suspect anything bad, but I Definetly did not have a whole picture of what camp was like.
Lots of staff, good ratio per kids. She does a great shiur/circle time.
DD felt and appreciated the structure and great planned schedule

My kids were there years ago. When I sent my first she explained that some kids start crying when they see another kids mom. And crying is very contagious.

My second ds had to be taken out of the car by a counselor and distracted so he didn't know I left. The animals worked like magic every time. Morah Renee had me tell my ds that I am going home to nap. Eventually he went out of the car nicely. He suffered from FOMO 😀.

I once was in a car accident and came late to pickup. I went into the backyard. It's really beautiful setup. (I did go in the winter to check her out, but it was raining heavily)
As far as I remember the Porta Potty flushes and has running water for kids to wash their hands. Its a bathroom that's easily accessible for the kids when they are outside.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 7:58 am
amother wrote:
Can you please give me contact information for Rina, do they have website?

Camprina@gmail.com
908-415-1354

5S5Sr7z3

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 8:10 am
Keep in mind that cheaper prices of backyard camps generally mean shorter hours.

You didn't really say what type you're looking for, but you may want to look at La Ruach. It's a bit more yeshivish - long sleeves and socks over 1st grade, but it's a good camp and reasonably priced.

There's a backyard camp in airmont that advertises - camp hobby - but I advise you to stay away from them. It's glorified babysitting service.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 2:02 pm
amother wrote:
Camprina@gmail.com
908-415-1354

The email is not correct. I’m at work till later and can’t call them. Do they have an alternate email add?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 5:43 pm
amother wrote:
The email is not correct. I’m at work till later and can’t call them. Do they have an alternate email add?

Sry.
Daycamprina@gmail.com

My mistake

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 10:48 pm
amother wrote:

Can you please tell me if Rina is yeshivish, what schools are the kids from that go there, is there a dress code for 5 year olds? My daughter usually wears sandals (no socks) and short sleeves/sleeveless. Will they have an issue with that?

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 11:45 pm
amother wrote:
Can you please tell me if Rina is yeshivish, what schools are the kids from that go there, is there a dress code for 5 year olds? My daughter usually wears sandals (no socks) and short sleeves/sleeveless. Will they have an issue with that?

If your DD is currently in Pre1a, I was just told Rina is full. No space for my DD.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers