Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Chometz on pesach

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 11:07 am
I found a crust of bread under my sofa on chol hamoed, I freaked out and threw it out on my porch and the wind took care of it from there.

My question is... was I over? We had sold all the chometz in the house. No specifics just all chometz. Also my husband said kol chamira after bedikas chometz. (Why he didn't find it then I don't know, but it is what it is)

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 11:09 am
Speak to a rav. Usually it's flushed but I don't think you were oiver.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 11:10 am
I know that the proper thing to do if chometz is found on Pesach is to cover the chometz and not touch it until after Yom Tov. After Yom Tov you are supposed to burn it. Contact your Rav if you have questions .

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 11:13 am
One day, when I was moving to a new apartment, I found a dozen petrified sandwiches stuffed under a dresser! Each had one little bite taken out of them.

DD was around 4 at the time. She was telling me that she ate all of her lunch, and could she please have a cookie now? The little turkey was stashing them under the dresser the whole time.

So yeah, it's a really good thing we nullify our chametz. I had a lot to burn that year. embarrassed

abaker

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 1:56 pm
On yom tov the chametz is muktzeh and you are just suppose to cover it I believe and then burn it on chol hamoed. If you find it on chol hamoed you just burn it. But I'm pretty sure that it is still included in the selling of the chametz and/or the declaration saying that it's "dust of the earth" that's why we have these things. So we don't make ourselves crazy worrying about if we swept up every yucky sandwich crumb. Ask a rav but I think you are covered.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics