Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Bat Mitzvah Party Activities Like Jewelry Making & Painting

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 7:41 pm
We're planning dd's bat mitzvah and we're thinking of having canvas painting or jewelry making as an activity, or both.
I've found canvases on Amazon easily. (But if there are complete sets that are easier to deal with please let me know.) But I've been having trouble figuring out what sort of jewelry kits to buy. Earrings seem like a good choice but may be complicated to make without a full kit with nice enough, small enough earrings for 12 year olds. We're open to bracelets and necklaces too. Any leads would be greatly appreciated! I need your help moms!

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 7:53 pm
I would go to a beading store and ask them to put together a package.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 7:58 pm
We just did a paint night for my sister's bad mitzvah. It was amazing. The instructor taught us what to paint and everyone came out really pretty.I would do something like that over just painting canvases.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 8:15 pm
amother wrote:
We just did a paint night for my sister's bad mitzvah. It was amazing. The instructor taught us what to paint and everyone came out really pretty.I would do something like that over just painting canvases.

How much would an instructor cost for a group of 12 girls?

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 8:16 pm
amother wrote:
I would go to a beading store and ask them to put together a package.

Thanks! Any suggestions in Brooklyn or Manhattan?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 8:37 pm
amother wrote:
How much would an instructor cost for a group of 12 girls?

I don't know but there are many instructors. I am in Monsey though. It was reasonable though.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 9:21 pm
amother wrote:
I don't know but there are many instructors. I am in Monsey though. It was reasonable though.

Is $25 per person considered reasonable? There's still so many other elements of the party I have to pay for.

animeme

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 10:47 pm
I'm not a fan of painting at bas mitzvah parties. The girls come in Shabbos clothes. Even with a smock, it gets through- dd ruined a dress she really liked that way.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 6:46 pm
Can anyone help? What sort of paints do I buy that aren't expensive? Chalk pencils that I can erase by wiping my hands?

BetsyTacy

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 6:51 pm
Only nice way to have painting at a bas mitzvah party is to inform the girls to dress for a mess. Smocks are not enough, and not even always provided.

Blessed Mama

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 8:17 pm
Hobbyhouse in monsey I believe does plaster painting at bat mitzvah parties. The girls love it and its so age appropriate. She plans the entire project for u so no need to get plaster, paint, brushes, smocks....my daughter did it at her classmates party and only wanted it for her own (was too late then lol)
Oh and they also go to bp and surrounding areas I think

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 8:56 pm
I end up finding a local craft store and it was easier to visualize and see what I needed plus I got help from the salesperson. Of course smocks are being provided for all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children