Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Warmer than NY but closer than Miami. Asking for too much?
1  2  3  Next

crust

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 7:19 pm
I want to go away for a day or two. Even a day at the beach would do the job but it's so cold I can't even think of doing it!

Is there a warmER place than NY?
Is there something closer to NY than Miami?

TIA Smile

redheaded

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 8:51 pm
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 9:14 pm
Give it 2-3 weeks and you can go to a local beach in NY, NJ

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 9:15 pm
Myrtle Besch is in the 50s. I was going to say Tybee Island, GA but it's also in the 50s there .

crust

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 9:19 pm
amother wrote:
Give it 2-3 weeks and you can go to a local beach in NY, NJ

Its now or....

crust

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 9:20 pm
redheaded wrote:
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Thanks
I have a few questions
Can you recommend a good hotel? Is there Kosher food there?

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 9:23 pm
If you're willing to go as far as Myrtle Beach, Miami is only an additional hour of flight time. And you will get weather in the 70s/80s and plenty of kosher food. Unless you're looking for a change of scenery anyway..

crust

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 9:23 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Myrtle Besch is in the 50s. I was going to say Tybee Island, GA but it's also in the 50s there .

It seems like it'll be in the 70s in both places as of Tuesday.

Things are looking up....
Anything you specifically recommend in Tybee Island?

Last edited by crust on Mon, Apr 09 2018, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

crust

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 9:25 pm
amother wrote:
If you're willing to go as far as Myrtle Beach, Miami is only an additional hour of flight time. And you will get weather in the 70s/80s and plenty of kosher food. Unless you're looking for a change of scenery anyway..

Yea... I just Googled flights to SC and realized my simcha was premature...lol.

pause

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 9:25 pm
crust wrote:

Anythig you specifically recommend in Tybee Island?

As of Friday, NY is also being in the 70s... Tongue Out

crust

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 9:27 pm
pause wrote:
As of Friday, NY is also being in the 70s... Tongue Out

Ok. Now you are being jealous. Tongue Out

Whenever my fil is in Florida it must snow in NY by hook or by crook. If not the vacation was worthless. LOL

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 9:28 pm
crust wrote:

Anything you specifically recommend in Tybee Island?

I've never been there. My inlaws go a few times a year. I don't know much about it.

saw50st8

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 7:29 am
I really like the Outerbanks in NC. It's much classier than the Jersey shore and has a lot to see (Kitty Hawk, lighthouses, sand dunes...).

imasinger

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 8:08 am
Another vote for NC or SC here.

But trying to get cheap plane tickets on a few days notice might not be easy regardless of your destination.

Since you're thinking of flying, distance is not always logical. Look for sales. This week, I see Newark to Orlando for $330 round trip.

crust

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 8:29 am
imasinger wrote:
Another vote for NC or SC here.

But trying to get cheap plane tickets on a few days notice might not be easy regardless of your destination.

Since you're thinking of flying, distance is not always logical. Look for sales. This week, I see Newark to Orlando for $330 round trip.

I can have tickets to Miami for $140 but I don't necessarily want to fly. It makes the getaway so much less doable for me.

Then again if I go somewhere cold, I rather stay home. Hence my reason for this thread. Wink

Is there something warm enough but also close enough? I think the answer is that there isn't.

crust

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 8:34 am
saw50st8 wrote:
I really like the Outerbanks in NC. It's much classier than the Jersey shore and has a lot to see (Kitty Hawk, lighthouses, sand dunes...).

It was interesting to read up about it last night. I never looked into it before.
I guess the only advantage of Miami over NC is the food.

rdmom

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 8:47 am
Crust,

Who you going with? I am looking for the same thing. Only issue is that I want to go alone and the only place I can go alone is Israel. Cuz I can go to family there. But going to Florida is so much more normal being that it is way closer and has kosher food. Only issue is, I don’t want to go there myself and taking anybody with me is defeating the purpose.

crust

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 9:04 am
rdmom wrote:
Crust,

Who you going with? I am looking for the same thing. Only issue is that I want to go alone and the only place I can go alone is Israel. Cuz I can go to family there. But going to Florida is so much more normal being that it is way closer and has kosher food. Only issue is, I don’t want to go there myself and taking anybody with me is defeating the purpose.

At the moment I am going with a very easy going friend. She might back out if it runs into next week in which case I might go by myself.

We agreed that the condition of going together is that we won't discuss anything deep and we are going to be quite. LOL

Why is going together with someone defeating the purpose? I don't think its always the case.

rdmom

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 11:26 am
For me, it is. Cuz the person who I would go with is my husband and I wouldn’t want to go with him right now.

I don’t have any friends to go with. None of them are the type. And had I gone to Israel, I can go myself but have my family there. So I am not technically alone.

Wish I could go somewhere. Just don’t know where and who with.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 11:43 am
rdmom wrote:
For me, it is. Cuz the person who I would go with is my husband and I wouldn’t want to go with him right now.

I don’t have any friends to go with. None of them are the type. And had I gone to Israel, I can go myself but have my family there. So I am not technically alone.

Wish I could go somewhere. Just don’t know where and who with.

I know some people that go to Florida alone. It's not undoable. You stay at the hotels that are near the kosher restaurants.

It's very relaxing. I'd love to go on my own 1 day....
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics