Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Need Certified Experienced Accountant

veiznisht

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 11:43 am
Looking for accountant to do our taxes. Need someone with experience in non US citizens(not just green card holders). Not looking heimish, just genuinely good knows what they are doing in either Lower Manhattan or Brooklyn. Thanks!

happy12

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 12:50 pm
for April 15 deadline?? I doubt you can still find someone.

BabsB

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 2:05 pm
happy12 wrote:
for April 15 deadline?? I doubt you can still find someone.

Well maybe not, but they may find someone who can at least file an extension and get to them later.

OP - I don't have any suggestions, I am OOT, but if you don't find anyone you can fill out this form to file an extension:
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4868.pdf

doctorima

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 9:40 pm
As others said, you're highly unlikely to find a competent accountant with whom you have no prior relationship willing to prepare your return by April 15. But you can file on your own for an automatic 6-month extension.

There's no charge or penalty, but you do need to pay now whatever taxes you think you may owe for last year, or else you'll have to pay interest if you don't pay until you file later. If you overpay now, you will get a full refund when you get around to filing.

veiznisht

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 9:51 am
doctorima wrote:
As others said, you're highly unlikely to find a competent accountant with whom you have no prior relationship willing to prepare your return by April 15. But you can file on your own for an automatic 6-month extension.

There's no charge or penalty, but you do need to pay now whatever taxes you think you may owe for last year, or else you'll have to pay interest if you don't pay until you file later. If you overpay now, you will get a full refund when you get around to filing.

BH We don't need by April 15th because we don't owe anything... My husband over pays during the year. It comes out of paycheck. Lol we understand how taxes work... just was looking for recc. He found someone but always better to get someone who we know does good work already.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 9:56 am
veiznisht wrote:
BH We don't need by April 15th because we don't owe anything... My husband over pays during the year. It comes out of paycheck. Lol we understand how taxes work... just was looking for recc. He found someone but always better to get someone who we know does good work already.

You still need to file an extension.

veiznisht

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 10:48 am
amother wrote:
You still need to file an extension.

From turbo tax for your future reference:

Quote:
If you are getting a refund
This is one of the great little secrets about the Federal tax law. If you have a refund coming from the IRS—as about three out of four taxpayers do every year—then there is no penalty for failing to file your tax return by the deadline, even if you don't ask for an extension. As noted below, the penalty for filing late is a percentage of the tax owed with the return. And even 100 percent of $0 is $0...

Thank you everyone for trying to help. I think I'll just leave it to DH...

timana

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 5:52 pm
Johnathan Batyrov at HYS Tax & Accounting is a really good tax accountant located in Boro Park. Really reasonably priced. His number is 347-589-2822. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics