Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
ISO Best Flatbush Elementary Boys school

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 12:47 pm
We currently send to a yeshiva which we are not thrilled with. We are yeshivish open minded, simple people. We want a school that provides a well rounded Hebrew and secular education, as well as a focus on middos, mentchlichkeit and yiras shamayim.
Please tell me about a yeshiva that you are thrilled with, and please no loshon hara about a specific school.
TIA!

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 1:49 pm
There is no such thing. All are a mixed bag. There are not that many choices anyways. By "type" you are probably narrowed down to 3-4 choices. Most people are generally happy where they are and have a list of complaints that the school can improve. Which are you considering? Then you can get comparison on specific questions maybe.

Queen6

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 2:27 pm
Everyone thinks best means something else. So your title is just off

doctorima

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 10:16 pm
From reading your description of what you're looking for, Torah V'Daas is the first school that pops into my head. No place will be perfect, but they have a nice blend that covers what you seem to be looking for. Getting in there will be the hard part.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 10:01 am
Bump
Anyone in Flatbush highly recommend their son's school?

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 10:30 am
I'm very happy with the Cheder.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 1:19 pm
Im happy with the mirrer. they are very warm. The classes are a mix but most yeshivos are. They focus on midos. so far their english program is good but my son is in first grade

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 1:46 pm
I’m very happy with Ruach Chaim. Very caring and warm and very into middos and similar education to other Yeshivas

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 2:02 pm
Thanks everyone for your replies!
The cheder is probably a little too yeshivish for us...
I would love to hear details about Mir and Ruach Chaim.
Type of parent body, class sizes, amount of pressure put on kids, where do the boys continue on for highschool...
TIA!

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 2:07 pm
Ruach Chaim is quite mixed in terms of patent body but the rules are the same as everywhere in terms of watching or internet use. Class sizes are quite small- between 10-16 kids per class

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 5:07 pm
Mir parent body is a mix, but overall good, frum, simple people - no gashmius peer pressure...
Class sizes could range from abt 15 to abt 25
Academics are fine, really depends on each individual teacher, but there is not much pressure, not much hw or tests- but most boys yeshivos don't have such high academics in English
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics