Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Great Playgroups in Boro Park

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 10:24 am
So...there have been many threads on the topic if playgroup but I'd like a review that reflects more accurately on the current climate.

I'm looking for a playgroup for my almost 3 yr old son which is really great. Which ones would I look into?

Must have transportation available.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 12:00 pm
“Great” playgroups Dont exists.
Some are terrible, some are ok enough to send only if you need to.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 12:08 pm
spinka pre nursery/playgroup

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 12:41 pm
There are no great playgroups in Boro Park. If they are in a private house the teachers have no accountability to anybody. They could pretty much be doing whatever they want to your kid. Even if they start out with 11 kids before Sukkos, there will be over 20 kids after Pesach. Both of the playgroups I sent to said they limit the amount of children but they really don't, they take who ever they could get. If you have vouchers then there are many legal playgroups which are great because there are only a certain amount of children they could legally take in and they need one teacher per about 4-6 kids.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 3:42 pm
Only Orgel and Shem Tov. But Orgel doesn't have transportation. And they're both very expensive.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 6:20 am
Since there are no 'great playgroups', if you were sending your child for the summer only, would you send to a cheder/school day camp program or rather to a playgroup you were comfortable with?

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 8:27 am
amother wrote:
Since there are no 'great playgroups', if you were sending your child for the summer only, would you send to a cheder/school day camp program or rather to a playgroup you were comfortable with?

I would send to a playgroup definitely. And only one that does NOT do swimming.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 8:29 am
amother wrote:

Only if they have adult morahs, not teen counselors and no trips, but rather entertainment that comes to the day camp.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 9:10 pm
I don’t know if I can still answer to this one but my son went to more than great playgroup in Bnei Torah cheder! But that’s for 2 year olds. It is excellent in every way

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 12:56 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
I don’t know if I can still answer to this one but my son went to more than great playgroup in Bnei Torah cheder! But that’s for 2 year olds. It is excellent in every way

Is this still around?
Where is it located?

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 1:26 pm
I was pretty happy sending my daughter to Kindergroup on 42nd between 12&13. It's a first floor walk in big empty space and a nice size yard. They don't do vouchers, it was about $450 a month depending on hours needed.
Orgel has a great name but the hours didn't work for me.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:40 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
I was pretty happy sending my daughter to Kindergroup on 42nd between 12&13. It's a first floor walk in big empty space and a nice size yard. They don't do vouchers, it was about $450 a month depending on hours needed.
Orgel has a great name but the hours didn't work for me.

Would you mind sending me her number

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 11:09 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Would you mind sending me her number

I think it's 718-438-3893.
There's also a really good new one on 42nd between Fort Hamilton and 12. It's a smaller group, in a basement but the teacher is very warm and very experienced. I don't know if she still has slots now as it's mid year, but you can try.
Her number is 929-214-2838.
Good luck!

Mindys_mommy

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 11:12 am
Shem Tov is a fabulous playgroup. Very profesional, totally legal, has transportation. The Morah’s are very experienced and most have degrees in education. I sent to the one on 59th Street and was extremely happy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics