Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
A 12" bike for 4 yr old

mmyy

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 7:49 pm
I'm in BP and the prices in the local stores are around $70-90, and online for $30-40 that look just the same,
Did anybody buy online and succeed?
Is it the same quality like the Jewish stores?

yogabird

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 7:56 pm
where did you find online for 30-40 dollars??

thanks

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 8:05 pm
Are the ones on-line assembled?

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 8:07 pm
A 4 year old doesn't need a high quality bike. I always bought whatever huffy bike my kids chose at Target at that age, and they did beautifully and learned to ride without training wheels. Once kids are older and using bikes more intensely, quality may matter.

ETA typically there is minimal assembly on the bike. If no one is handy at all, it may be worth buying one completely assembled.

gande

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 8:25 pm
Your best off going to Walmart and getting an assembled one for $40 or $50. They are the same quality as the ones in boro park that cost double

mmyy

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 8:45 pm
gande wrote:
Your best off going to Walmart and getting an assembled one for $40 or $50. They are the same quality as the ones in boro park that cost double

Thanks that what I thought.

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 6:15 am
Where are these cheap bikes online? It was very easy for me to find small first bikes because people around me were giving them away free or cheap as they get outgrown pretty quickly and way before they get worn out. But now I need a bigger size (maybe 20"?) and I'm getting severe sticker shock at the prices I'm seeing. I even asked at a shop that sells used bikes and they were going over $100.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 6:51 am
seeker wrote:
Where are these cheap bikes online? It was very easy for me to find small first bikes because people around me were giving them away free or cheap as they get outgrown pretty quickly and way before they get worn out. But now I need a bigger size (maybe 20"?) and I'm getting severe sticker shock at the prices I'm seeing. I even asked at a shop that sells used bikes and they were going over $100.

You won't find those prices for such a large bike. Your best bet is to wait for a sale at a big box store or check Amazon warehouse religiously. I was able to find for around $80 for a 20".

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 6:54 am
$80 is still a lot for me Sad

amother
White

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 7:26 am
I buy all of my kids bikes on craigslist. Never paid more than 40$ for great bikes.There is a huge market because kids outgrow bikes within a couple of years.

doctorima

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 7:31 am
If you're anyway shopping for used bikes, check out Craigslist and Ebay (limit the search to x miles from your zip code). On Ebay especially you can find good deals if you're willing to drive to pick it up from them.

gande

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 8:20 am
walmart has a sale on many bikes. I saw a 20" for $54.
I would rather pay a few more dollars and get a new one. There is a lot of wear and tear on a bike.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 8:42 am
seeker wrote:
$80 is still a lot for me Sad

I see a girls 20" on jet.com for $54. I was a little picky about mine because it gets a lot of rough use. Also it was a gift from a grandparent and I had the budget to get something in his favorite color etc. But 50s shouldn't be terribly hard to find.

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 9:39 am
I did check Craigslist and didn't see anything very interesting in my distance range.
I'll keep looking...

A little wary of buying a bike online because I don't know enough about bikes to know which one would be a good fit, but if I find one in the 50s that looks promising with decent reviews I could probably spring for it. My DDs really love riding bikes and it's been making me nervous having DD7 on the 16" bike that seems too small for her. I feel that it's safer to ride on something that fits well, even though she says she's comfortable and doing fine I see her knees going practically up to the handlebars and recall an accident I had when I was little and couldn't steer as well because of a similar fit.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 10:11 am
If you buy online you have to build it yourself
If you can get to Walmart they are the cheapest and build the bike for you

Stars

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 4:52 am
Seeker do you know anyone giving away a 12-14" inch bike in Brooklyn? I'm not having much success on Craigslist either.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 5:09 am
I bought my 4 year old from Wal-Mart for$50 and she is thrilled with it

seeker

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 6:26 am
Stars wrote:
Seeker do you know anyone giving away a 12-14" inch bike in Brooklyn? I'm not having much success on Craigslist either.

No idea, sorry

Stars

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 6:29 am
seeker wrote:
No idea, sorry

Thanks anyway! One of the people just replied to my email.

I'm seeing lots of girls 20" ones, if you are still looking.

doctorima

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 6:51 am
Walmart has 12 inch girl's bike on sale for $32: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Huf.....58096
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries