Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Slow cooker AND instapot?

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 10:26 am
I'm looking for a crock pot and in my online search a lot of options offer to be slow cooker and instant pot. anyone have one of such a pot? they are knock offs of the instapot and much cheaper. is it worth it or should I stick to a basic crock pot?

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 10:33 am
The instant pot is amazing. But not as a crockpot.

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 10:36 am
I love the IP but for cholent we still use a regular crockpot. I tried it a few times in the IP and no one really liked it.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 11:10 am
I'm actually specifically looking for a crock pot as I want to put it up in morning and come home to cooked meal rather than putting it together when I get home from work. when I search crock pots there are a lot of options that claim they do both. I'm wondering if anyone has one like this and what their experience with it is.

this is one option I saw:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074.....89655

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 11:18 am
I would get a regular old crockpot that is not digital then you can use it on yomtov.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 11:46 am
Get a regular crockpot with manual dials that has Low, High and Keep Warm settings.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 2:11 pm
The Instant pot has a max of 22 hours (or was it 20?) as a crockpot, and you can't use the lid on Shabbos because it plays a chime when you put it on or take it off. So it's not really practical for Shabbos or Yom Tov. Also there are no adjustments on the heat settings as a slow cooker.

So yes, I got both.

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 2:17 pm
amother wrote:
The Instant pot has a max of 22 hours (or was it 20?) as a crockpot, and you can't use the lid on Shabbos because it plays a chime when you put it on or take it off. So it's not really practical for Shabbos or Yom Tov. Also there are no adjustments on the heat settings as a slow cooker.

So yes, I got both.

Its 99 hours on slow cooker, and you can (and should) buy their glass lid, which is what you need I believe for slow cook cooking. Also, there is a way to turn off the chimes/sound. Also I believe you can make it so the display doesnt change.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 5:43 pm
watergirl wrote:
Its 99 hours on slow cooker, and you can (and should) buy their glass lid, which is what you need I believe for slow cook cooking. Also, there is a way to turn off the chimes/sound. Also I believe you can make it so the display doesnt change.

Maybe on the newer models. Mine goes up only to 20 or 22 hours, I tried a number of times. No way to turn off chimes on mine either.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics