Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Linen from amazon

amother
Red

Post Sat, Apr 14 2018, 9:35 pm
Have a gift card would love to use towards desperately needed new linen. I currently have linen from a Jewish store but it’s pretty much a goner after 6 years. Any advice on something of similar quality and beauty? Thanks!

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Apr 14 2018, 10:04 pm
I've gotten nice things on sale from Overstock and Lands End.

You can even find in department stores. If you davka want duvet covers, just search on Kohls, Macy's, Nordstroms etc

Whoops, sorry, you said your gift card is for Amazon? I haven't seen so much on there but I would use the gift card for other things I need anyhow and buy the linen where I find something I like.

Nechamie

Post Sat, Apr 14 2018, 10:09 pm
Pinzon 300-Thread-Count 100% Cotton Cool Percale Duvet Cover Set, Full/Queen, Platinum https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C.....a_swf

Really happy with this. Comfortable and good quality.

amother
Red

Post Sat, Apr 14 2018, 10:22 pm
Nechamie wrote:
Pinzon 300-Thread-Count 100% Cotton Cool Percale Duvet Cover Set, Full/Queen, Platinum https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C.....a_swf

Thanks so much! Did u get linen from there too? Ty!!!

Yes-gift cats js from amazon and would love to use it for this...

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Apr 14 2018, 10:59 pm
following. can anyone post links of nice quality linen for master bedroom at reasonable prices

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Apr 14 2018, 11:33 pm
Nechamie wrote:

I second this set. It is soft, and comfortable and looks great. I have it over a year

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Apr 14 2018, 11:36 pm
thanks. does it come in other patterns? also, this comes with duvet covers and pillow case right? do you just buy a sheet separately in jewish store? I have 48 inch beds. thanks

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Apr 14 2018, 11:47 pm
amother wrote:
thanks. does it come in other patterns? also, this comes with duvet covers and pillow case right? do you just buy a sheet separately in jewish store? I have 48 inch beds. thanks

I found similar sheet set and got it from Amazon. My beds are 54 inch though. You can search for 48 or go to a Jewish store...in general you will have a hard time finding linen in non Jewish places with 48 inch beds. good luck!

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 4:24 am
I recently bought full size linen for 48 inch beds and the fit is good. I wanted a set that only came in full, and the (frum) shop owner advised me that full works for 48" too.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 7:51 am
I bought that same Amazon set in a different pattern and I love it. I've had it about a year and a half. We have 48 inch beds and I went to a Jewish store and bought ivory colored fitted sheets that match. I searched and I wasn't able to find any online. If you do please let us know!

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 7:58 am
Actually I went to check and mine was a different link. They don't have my pattern anymore but it is called
"Bedsure Duvet Cover Set with Zipper Closure-Branch and Plum Blue Printed Pattern,Twin (66"x86")-2 Piece (1 Duvet Cover + 1 Pillow Sham)-110 gsm Ultra Soft Hypoallergenic Microfiber"
Sorry I can't figure out how to copy the link.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 8:23 am
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

Here is the link to the sheets that match.

ludicrous

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 8:33 am
I have linen from the jewish stores that they said is 60 percent cotton, 40 percent polyester. it doesn't wrinkle. do they sell this type of linen online? specifically duvet cover with matching pillowcase.

lfab

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 1:09 pm
Nechamie wrote:

I have the same duvet cover set as well. I just ordered solid gray sheets from target to match. I have 48" beds and the full size sheet sets work fine with them.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 3:22 pm
ludicrous wrote:
I have linen from the jewish stores that they said is 60 percent cotton, 40 percent polyester. it doesn't wrinkle. do they sell this type of linen online? specifically duvet cover with matching pillowcase.

Question: why buy sheets with polyester in them when you can buy 100% cotton? With polyester it doesn't wrinkle but to sleep in anything synthetic?
For me, it's a big no-no. Not even if they cost a dollar I will not buy.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 3:34 pm
If you buy full size linen, you must have full size quilts as well!!
I have 48" beds with twin quilts. How can I buy from amazon?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 4:03 pm
amother wrote:
If you buy full size linen, you must have full size quilts as well!!
I have 48" beds with twin quilts. How can I buy from amazon?

When shopping online, I buy twin size duvet sets. Each set comes with a duvet for a quilt and 1 or 2 pillowcases (they don't come with sheets anyway). Then purchase full size fitted sheet sets online or what I've done is coordinate a print at a Jewish shop and have them make 48" fitted sheets.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 6:10 pm
Nechamie wrote:

Just wanted to review this item.
I washed it first with softeners but still is rough and lightly scratchy, not soft. I'm used to Egyptian cotton or sateen cotton but this is 300 thread count so I figured it must be soft enough after washing. For $20 a bed I wasn't expecting luxury but I didn't expect it to be so scratchy. The duvet also doesn't fit that nicely, a bit too big for standard twin size, and the linen has a slightly wrinkled look.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics